Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reserve Regatta Tasks

Reserve Regatta Tasks

It would be nice if team members could set an reservation on regatta tasks, so others canˋt grab them.

Kind Regals, Tim

I agree that would be a fantastic idea. With the ability to assign tasks as some coops do... I would also like for the Leaders to be able to see the completed tasks of each member.

We tried calling out tasks we would like to do next problem was u get what 16 tasks to choose from but u can have up to 30 players on a team, so some ppl would have to wait to do a task till u get ur reserved task.

PLEASE PLAYRIX - go back to how you were a few years ago when you had Many Good games. Now you only have 4 which are all designed to rip off the innocent gamers. So very sad. Update old games so that those too are just not consigned the the list of 'rip-off' you add to your list.

Reserved Button For Regatta Tasks

Just recently in my coop there has been a few disagreements regarding people wanting to do certain tasks in the regattas but when they have come to do them they have been dumped by someone if there could be a reserved button I think this could save some confussion as all the coops dont necessarily have people from the same countries playing in them

I like the idea, but with certain specific guidelines.

For instance, you can ONLY "reserve" a task IF you are currently on a task. No reserving tasks should be possible if you are not on a task at the time.

A reserved task could be designated by a red border, for instance, letting people know that it has been requested.

BUT, reserving a task does not prevent another co-op member from taking the task. To facilitate this, a message pops up indicating that the task has been requested by JOEBLOW, but allows you to take the task if you still want to. If you are in a good co-op that communicates with each other, it might be that the other person is willing to let it go....at the same time, they may need that task as they are a bit behind...or any other reason.

Dumping this task works the same way BUT COULD be limited to co-leader / leader privileges.

Basically, it doesn't actually make the task any one persons, but could help to make sure that tasks are being dumped by some person who really doesn't grasp the team concept.

Just my 2p.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

We reserve tasks in our co-op and it would be really helpful to have this function.

However, the guidelines for its use, should be decided by the individual co-ops, just as the task limits, points, rules etc are decided by each co-op.

For those that don't allow reservations, it could be used as way to flag those grey area tasks, that could be considered for dumping if not taken by a certain time, for instance.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    We reserve tasks in our co-op and it would be really helpful to have this function.

However, the guidelines for its use, should be decided by the individual co-ops, just as the task limits, points, rules etc are decided by each co-op
    The only problem with "decided by the individual co-ops" is that if any functionality is added by the development team, there are going to have to be set guidelines. As any of us should know having been on this game for more than year, getting new enhancements, especially something that would have this magnitude, is going to have to have a block format. Sure, you may be given the overall option to turn OFF/ON the ability to do it, but it will have to have guidelines.

For instance, you can opt to show your presence in chat. However, some of the co-ops that I have been in have stated that you are not to be Invisible and have the right to boot you if you do go incognito. Trying to establish a basis of functionality for this request might be about the only way to help to make it happen.

What I offered, I hope, is a generic option that could be considered without taking any extreme position. Perhaps you can the option for the leader of the co-op to be the only one who can enable the option.

I think the issue is establishing teamwork and respect amongst team members. As a leader of a coop, I expect every member, including myself, to follow certain rules and guidelines set for our team.

We call out tasks on the chat and have a time limit depending on the type of task. The easier the task, the less time you can call it for. So if someone called a mining or feeding task (1 hour limit), then after the time is up, someone else can call or take it and we acknowledge it on the chat to avoid confusion. We also constantly update the chat with current calls with bright emojis surrounding it to catch anyone's eyes so they can notice the calling even when scrolling and scanning the chat quickly.

And if this feature were to be added, some people will take advantage and hold tasks for a long period of time, allowing less variability on the task board as well as less options for those without a task.
    Town Name: Amsterdam Playing Since: April 2017
    Town Level: 58 Zoo Level: 13
    Co-op Name: Super Sunny Co-op Tag: #SUPM3J By Request
    Homescapes Level: 42
    Platform: IOS

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney Sayen View Post
    I think the issue is establishing teamwork and respect amongst team members. As a leader of a coop, I expect every member, including myself, to follow certain rules and guidelines set for our team.
    I don't disagree. And with each racing co-op that I have been a part of, this has always been the case.

And if this feature were to be added, some people will take advantage and hold tasks for a long period of time, allowing less variability on the task board as well as less options for those without a task.
    This is why I said that a "reserve" should never prevent another person from actually taking the task. If you are communicating in the co-op, then there will be information there or people around to make sure that everything is done in fairness.