Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regatta competitions

Regatta competitions

I don't see how, if regatta competitions are chosen by # of co-op members, that it is fair for a team of 12 or 14 to be put up against teams with 21, 24 even 25 members! We are currently up against a field of teams in which 75 % of the teams have at least 3 more members than we do & 40% of those have as many as 4 - 12 more members! How is that fair? This is the 3rd regatta in a row that this has happened! Add cheaters to the mix somehow earning more than the max # of points & we don't stand a chance in hell! NOT FAIR! Makes it NO FUN! PLEASE MAKE THE TEAMS MORE EVEN!!!!

Hi Yayadeana

You have to check how many players are RACING, not the number of members a coop has. A coop may have 23 players but only 10 of them are doing the regatta.

I have been doing the regatta every week since it started and I check all the other coop : we always have the same number of racers, no matter the size of the other coops. We have been as low as 6 racers and as high as 14. Every time we were racing against other teams of equal numbers.

Ok, i see that that does make it more even, but how do they earn more than max points? This is constantly happening! There aren't enough 135 tasks for every member to get one every time & they are averaging 135.62 points per task ( not including 16th bought task ) NOT POSSIBLE!

14 members cannot each be getting 15 -16 135 point tasks! (& getting them all completed!)

Actually, they can. They dump all tasks that aren't 135. Many co-ops are flush with Tcash which can speed up the refresh rates of tasks. And tasks themselves can be sped up with Tc. They do not wait the 5 hours between planes, they pay up to 9 Tc to instantly bring next plane. Production of products can also be sped up with Tc. Then there's booster you buy at the lab for jewels to double crop yield or double animal product yield or decrease time on factory production. Players have upgraded the factories with ignots to produce more in less time and to permanently reduce the time waiting on train lines. Also, co-ops with players at higher levels perform more efficiently.

There's probably a few things I'm missing, but it is definitely possible for a number of participants to score perfect scores (2160 in Golden).

Thanks for all the info!!

I left my co-op this week because the leader lost sight of the fact that friendship is more important than wining. A team member was kicked from our group for taking a task less than 130 and she had been with us since the co-op started on day one.

I left and started my own group which will now be for fun. However it did make me think that anyone who does this or is new to Township will never get on the Golen Leader Board. It would be more interesting if after every so many months (3 or maybe 6) the board was wiped clean and everyone started again from the Wooden League.

This would add more interest to the game otherwise it's the same as the plane board if you weren't there when it started you will never get on it and it does not give any incentive to new players.

In the golden league count only last four weeks so any new coop starting has the same chances. You have to work your way back to the golden league but once you're there, afrer four weeks, you can even get better than your old coop ☺

And I can confirm you can make the golden leaderboard without taking only 135 tasks, never buying extra tasks or even completing all tasks each time. That happened to my co-op. The golden league isn't just for a few - there are 1000s of co-ops in that league

cpwcs, thank you for that l never realised and l thought l knew the system! That makes sense and is very fair. And Tassie thanks for your tips too very useful l want my new co-op to be fun, not do this or you're out
    Last edited by Fallon; 09-20-2016 at 10:27 AM.