Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My houses are wicked cool yo.

Especially the ones crammed around the market/lab area with no apparent hope of placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    My houses are wicked cool yo.

Especially the ones crammed around the market/lab area with no apparent hope of placement.
    Bwahaha.. glad it isn’t just me struggling with them then.

Go to my co-op an check out DomXnations housing district.

I'd live there.

Hey !! Bess your town name was Need a Pea ??? I am Assley playing on two platform I am your friend on android !! I also want tips on placing my townhouses at nice place that looks like an important part of town!!
    Last edited by Assley Jain; 07-15-2018 at 10:37 AM.

So I wanted to bring this thread back to life because I’m struggling with a deep dislike for the way in which I currently have my copious amounts of ugly apartments laid out and am looking for inspiration on how to fix this unattractive visual in my town. My poor citizens are in neigh revolt please help!
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    So I wanted to bring this thread back to life because I’m struggling with a deep dislike for the way in which I currently have my copious amounts of ugly apartments laid out and am looking for inspiration on how to fix this unattractive visual in my town. My poor citizens are in neigh revolt please help!
    How to create a design to make housing look good is IMO one of the hardest things to do. I looked at your town Virginia & a lot of the houses don't look bad.

It wasn't until nearly all of my land was cleared that I could really get a layout I was happy with. This was mainly because I love decs & they take a lot of the space. You love decs as well, so for the uglier houses you may need to be patient till you get more expansions.

For your smaller houses & more attractive apartments, you could consider removing some of your roads & making a couple of bigger areas that could have more trees / flowers / ponds around them instead. That would make it very pleasant for your residents

ETA My suggestion isn't a criticism of how you have it now, but you obviously aren't happy with it. I can totally relate to how that feels, it drives you mad when things don't seem quite right in your town
    Last edited by Downton; 03-04-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    How to create a design to make housing look good is IMO one of the hardest things to do. I looked at your town Virginia & a lot of the houses don't look bad....

.... you may need to be patient till you get more expansions...
    I agree with Downton. You've done a great job already and combining houses with botanicals will do good to your citizens.

You have a big green area of non-developed expansions and on top of that you have stored a lot of houses.
    As you might know my houses were build in a green area just like that. So my idea for you is to slowly develop that green area.

I've searched through severally coops in the 'I need help'-list to find some examples of what could be inspirational for you.
    That is how I found a town that also is started developing a green area.
    Please visit a town named Vienna from the coop 'strandkorb' (#SRMEPG) to see what I mean.

Yvonne's Phantasia-World of that same coop did wonderful things with her houses combined with unexplored expansions.
    And last but not least a small visit to PiRatEsCoVe from 'Sunbeams' (#SUN33H)

Good luck and even more a lot of Patience with your Master plan
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 03-04-2019 at 12:55 PM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Things have moved on for me in the 40+ levels since I started this thread. I'm fully expanded now, and happy enough with my houses. I still keep them separate, just for function, but many are in little clusters around something a bit pretty and I'm reasonably content for now.

Hey y’all thanks for the responses. Sorry it took me so long to return to this but I appreciate the feed back it seems like I’ll just have to be patient and keep expanding.
    Downtown thank you for checking out my town I appreciate the constructive “ideas” I actually rather like my small housing area and have the roads set up to make it more of a neighborhood but Your right I could probably use more greenery. As for the apartments like Bess was saying I really want to break them up and put them in smaller sections with something pretty to hopefully distract from the less than pleasing asthetics.
    Rocky thank you for showing me those other towns I took a look around and I really like quite a bit of there design aspects.i think at the very least I can cleanse it up so I can put them into a neater line and that might help for now.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.