Thread: Town Redesign cancelled

Town Redesign cancelled

So my OCD kicked in and I decided to completely redesign my town. I placed EVERYTHING in storage and started from a clean slate. I was about a half-hour into it when I got a phone call. Was on the phone for about 5 minutes and went back to redesigning when...it canceled and went back to the original layout. I've noticed that if you go out of township and let it run in the background (iOS 10) for more that 5 or 10 minutes, it "resets" and you see your GameCenter tag and so on...hope that makes sense.

I know we can't put buildings into long term storage so, I'm tempted to just let it be...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    The Geekster

Hi,

The edit function is not meant to redesign a whole town. We have to do our redesign by section only. It means moving buildings out of the way to temporary places. Here is what I do.

1- choose 2 sections, one to be the new finish one and the other one for temporary "parking".
    2- send to permanent storage all the decorations in the 2 zones.
    3- return the new section to dirt by eliminating roads, pavements, water, etc...
    4- move to the parking area any building I do not want to keep in the "new" zone
    5- start the temporary storage and move into it what I want to place in the new zone
    6- start working on my redesign

Looks like a great plan. Thank you!

lost items during town redesign

Hello! I was redesigning a small area of my town, so I put several houses/apartments and some other items in storage. I had to leave my iPad for about an hour and when I came back and turned it back on (it had gone to sleep) all of my stored items were gone. Has this happened to anyone else? How do I get my stuff back? 😢

Quote Originally Posted by Sun City View Post
    Hello! I was redesigning a small area of my town, so I put several houses/apartments and some other items in storage. I had to leave my iPad for about an hour and when I came back and turned it back on (it had gone to sleep) all of my stored items were gone. Has this happened to anyone else? How do I get my stuff back? ������
    Hi. Did you use the temporary storage? If you go back to the edit tab and select the storage faculty, are your items still there? As houses and apartments are unable to be stored, only placed temporarily away from the town in design mode. If they are not there, are you sure that you didn't sell them by mistake?
    Last edited by hyacinth; 09-30-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Hi Sun City and Hyacinth

When you leave the edit mode without getting the items back on the board, the changes are cancelled and everything is going where it was originally. Nothing stay in the temporary storage.

Sun City

As you did not exit normally, check the state of your town and if something is missing, you will have to report this by clicking on the cog.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Sun City and Hyacinth

When you leave the edit mode without getting the items back on the board, the changes are cancelled and everything is going where it was originally. Nothing stay in the temporary storage.

Sun City

As you did not exit normally, check the state of your town and if something is missing, you will have to report this by clicking on the cog.
    Thank you Graylady. I thought that was the case as it has when I have used the design feature. I wondered whether it was the same across the platforms. Thank you for clarifying this