Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Glitch/Closed Thread

Trouble is, when Playrix don’t tell us anything, many of us feel obliged to go sleuthing to try to get it fixed quicker.. sigh. Nobody to blame but me for my current problem tho.

For clarity, let me just say, as far as I know the mine placement thing is just a random mini-bug and not related to the ships/markets/foundries thing in any way. I thought I’d test it just out of curiosity really, and did it over water thinking partly that placing anything at all there would be weird/interesting and also that it would keep my town decor safe, after Mimy warned us she’d lost some, because of course there isn’t any there.. it wasn’t an attempt by me to try to work out the recipe for big glitch.. I’d be too scared to try that one out even if I knew how, especially given that I’ve got a current ticket open with Support reporting people for using it, lol. So, the upshot is, I don’t think one has anything to do with the other, but don’t faff with your mine placement or weird things might happen!

Bess dear, you are no more nor more less curious than any of us. We all hope that your “hut” returns to its proper place eventuality, and we’re all glad that no real harm was done to your town.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Trouble is, when Playrix don’t tell us anything, many of us feel obliged to go sleuthing to try to get it fixed quicker.. sigh. Nobody to blame but me for my current problem tho!
    Bess, hope it all works out, keep us posted. At least you were brave enough to try it, and aren't a "wussy" like me (remember that lightening bolt I talked about) -- Zap me dead I tell you . Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I tried putting the mine in the water, just to see if it worked but fully expecting it not to, and it did. So I thought, “oh, weird!” and put it back where it belongs. So far, so whatever.. except that now the little hut from hermit island has randomly appeared in my town (nowhere near my mine, incidentally). And when I try to get rid of it, it says “cannot be moved”. !!! So here I am, stuck with this weird and slightly scary situation. All because I’m too curious for my own good. So, folks, don’t do it. Seeing your mine in the water for a second just is not worth it. I’m iOS, btw..
    Hi Bess!
    That is so weird! I just visited your town to see if your hut shows up in your town only for you, but no! Your island is hutless and your hermit is living it up near your airport!
    I tried to move my mine too, but cant move it to the sea or on top of other buildings etc, i play on Android so maybe this is an ios issue?

I play on android. Maybe I wasn't clearly. After I moved mine on two of my factories And left it there I visited one friend town. When I back on my own, my two factories "gone".I thought that I lost them, but I found them. One was just behind of co-op building and another was moved near ship dock, and I dont know why they placed just thete because I have free room

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    Hi Bess!
    That is so weird! I just visited your town to see if your hut shows up in your town only for you, but no! Your island is hutless and your hermit is living it up near your airport!
    I tried to move my mine too, but cant move it to the sea or on top of other buildings etc, i play on Android so maybe this is an ios issue?
    You can. But you must "activate" this bug. When you move mine no matter where, all you have to do is change direction of mine and tap "x" button and mine will be stay there

Bess, I must say, the hermit looks very nice there

Did you send notice to playrix?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimy View Post
    You can. But you must "activate" this bug. When you move mine no matter where, all you have to do is change direction of mine and tap "x" button and mine will be stay there
    There's no reason for anyone to activate this bug, on the contrary. But yes, it does work on Android, that the mine can be put on water etc. And BTW, it does NOT work for everyone either, no matter the OS. Not that this was a goal!

Mimy, did you see my reply to you above? Again, I ask what this bug has to do with the thread title and most importantly, whether you reported it to Playrix?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimy View Post
    It does not happen for me. I play on iPad or on Fire and I did the rotate and x part...And no visible portal or changes happened. But if it does for you, I would say, just in case, log a ticket with TS

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Bess, I must say, the hermit looks very nice there

Did you send notice to playrix?
    I didn’t notice the hut at first because I just thought it was one of my Christmas decorations, lol. I did send a message to support asking them to fix it for me, and also explaining and reporting the bug. It’s worth noting that you could easily fall foul of this bug accidentally. If you were moving your mine around to rehome it, you need only rotate it, then change your mind and press x expecting it to return to where you started, and it would potentially sit on top of whatever was underneath at the time and you could give yourself a problem like my hut.

And as far as I know, DD, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread title. The mine was never suggested by either Dan or Dean as being involved, only the ships, markets and foundries were up for debate. So really, this whole discussion ought to be in a separate thread.