Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Glitch/Closed Thread

Probably because it involves some crucial object/objects that the game couldn’t function without. Those will always be the most likely elements to throw up unexpected issues like this because they have their metaphorical fingers in a lotta pies, leaving plenty of room for unintended consequences. Or, it could be such a basic but massively wide-ranging mechanic that to remove it would undermine everything else. Or both, mechanic and object. Hmm, we could really do with having the now-closed thread merged with this one. There seem to be two stories here that on first glance contradict each other, but actually when you really think about it and reread them together they don’t, quite. I deleted my last theory because on a re-read, I think I got it wrong. It would really be an awful lot easier to make sense of it if those posts were in one place, but I doubt that’s possible once it’s been closed (annoyingly). Oh well, since there’s nothing we can do to protect ourselves from those using it, it’s really only of academic interest at this point unless you intend to misuse it. I do massively hate a brain-teaser tho.. it kind of feels like reading a whodunnit only to find the last chapter is missing..

That’s where I am at too, Bessville.

I have no interest at all in the Regatta (except for a few decos) and the Global Leader board. Event leader boards elicit the same amount of interest - I only care about my personal prizes.

But, I hate an unsolved mystery. I want to know the why, what, where, how. I also hate puzzles with no solution revealed.

I like to win races now and then if we can, but it’s a very momentary buzz after your first few and I have zero interest in cheating to get there.. where’s the fun in that? It’s the will-we, won’t-we do well that’s the exciting bit, for me. GLB doesn’t interest me at my level and whilst I’m quite excited to be leading my own little event group for the first time, it’s a very minor victory tbf, even if I do make it. I’m here for the fun of chatting with and helping my coop and I like racing mainly because of the cooperation factor, so to cheat wouldnt make any difference to those things anyway. Well, except I suppose it’d make us all inclined to lose interest in the game faster, which would be a Very Bad Thing. Or to risk getting us banned, which would be a Bigger Bad Thing. I mostly feel bad for those who are further on than me and who might be up there if not for cheaters, that must be beyond galling. Anyhoo, at least we know some folks who know the secret, so assuming this gets resolved successfully, they will hopefully take pity and won’t leave those of us who just can’t bear the not-knowing on tenterhooks forever!

I feel the same!! I have no desire to cheat but I can't stand the "not knowing". I don't know if playrix has enough staff and time to devote to finding the issue and fixing/patching the "bug" or whatever u call the problem at hand. I hope they ban them all!!

Hi, I have been reading this and the closed thread over the last couple of days. I had posted my concerns about this glitch on an FB group, after a person joined our coop and asked me rather perplexing questions, helped a lot, and went away as quickly as he came. Some of the stuff he asked me led me to post on FB. I was guided back here and this has validated so many of my concerns. Without sounding like a whiny ninny, the past couple of months we have been invariably paired against coops from one country and it has been baffling... the sheer speed at which they complete tasks. This glitch, explains so many questions we have had.

Clearly , the closing of a thread was an attempt to sweep it away. But having said that, I think that one of the easiest way to nullify this problem at least temporarily, is for the good folks who know or Playrix to provide the secret mantra. This would nullify the huge advantage " these" people have. Once everything is put in the open, it is not a secret anymore.

Playrix can rethink or rewrite code at its convenience. One thing this person said before he left us, was that ' all' coops have been using the ' loophole'' portal' as he called it for a looonng time.

My post goes to a moderator? Is it because I mentioned that it is better to publicise the whole thing and that I had posted about this on an FB group?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepi View Post
    My post goes to a moderator? Is it because I mentioned that it is better to publicise the whole thing and that I had posted about this on an FB group?
    Hi Deepi

Could be just a word in your message. We do not know all the details how they configured the automatic messages detector. Someone will eventually log in and release your message.

Or it might be that the advertisement in your signature is the problem, Deepi.

Imo, publishing the method doesn’t solve the problem at all - it only levels the playing field if you’re prepared to cheat, and that’s not the game I signed up for. For all the reasons I and others gave before, we don’t want to be forced to choose between cheating or being massively uncompetitive.

Besßville, the signature has been the same for the past year and a half! So doubt that is the reason.

Most probably it is the fact that I mentioned that many groups on FB have been talking about this problem for a while. And the consensus over there seems to be that everyone should be told as Playrix has provided whatever loophole this is and that they have known about this for a long time.

Hi Hobo Deeps,

I had this problem again and again ... even when I just wanted to post a LOL or something.
    So I don't think these are smart bots that actually scan the content of a message, but rather the not-so-smart one's, d'oh.

The safest way I can post is to not use the "Go Advanced" button, just rightaway the "Post Quick Reply".
    Til I found out that works for me, couldn't post too much for some time.
    (Moderated posts sometimes might not appear at all. Mine often didn't.)

Hope that works for you, too!