Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More than one regatta task at a time?

Hi Adizton,

A lot of people have requested 1) the ability to do 2 tasks at once or 2) being able to buy more than 1 extra task or 3) the ability to do tasks for other team members. All those suggestions have pros and cons

1) ability to do 2 tasks at once would certainly change the game play mechanics, probably too major a change to actually get serious consideration from the developers. I think it would make the already difficult task of getting a good task on "Manic Tuesday", the start of the regatta, where every player is vying for the best task on a board that can only show 12, even more difficult. Imaging how much worse it would be if a large co-op of 30 people were trying to get 2 tasks each. I shudder to think. Getting 13 people to get 1 task each is hard enough.

2) being able to buy more than 1 extra task. Well, this would have a serious effect on the game play mechanics if it were "open ended". It would be a major tilt in the direction of teams with lots of T-Cash to spend. People are already complaining about teams that leap to 5000 or 8000 point leads in the first few hours of a regatta. Many think they are cheating but it could just be a willingness to spend T-Cash to refresh the task board more quickly, speed up plane returns, ship returns, buy mining tools, yada yada. With a fixed number of tasks per player, at least a slow and steady pace gives other teams the ability to eventually catch up by race's end. The ability to buy many extra tasks would cause a lots of teams to just give up because they couldn't compete with the "big spenders".

3) the ability to do tasks for other team members. Now this one does have more pros than cons. One suggestion would be to treat the number of tasks as being available to the whole group so instead of 13 people with 8 tasks each, there would be a pool of 104 tasks to draw from. Faster players could help the team that way. I kind of like what you suggested, or a variation of that. How about making it possible to do a "Product Request" in the chat but ask for a "Task". Limit would be 1. You could ask for it and another player could donate theirs to you. Still have to figure out how to deal with the "buy one for 10T" problem but a simple solution would be that each player has to buy their own and then if they want to donate it to someone else, OK.

Anyway, I think you raise a couple of good points for discussion. I hope the developers take some of these ideas and consider them for implementation.
    Last edited by cdosr; 10-03-2016 at 12:27 AM.

We already have the ability to work on 2 tasks at the same time: the one we have selected and started from the task board, and the next one that we begin before we actually select it, by sending out our ships, loading our factory boxes with orders, planting crops etc. It's part of the game to manage our time in order to complete one task after another. If the game is made so easy that anyone with not much time to play can still achieve a lot of completed tasks, then those of us that like a challenge would lose interest entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Sunnyside View Post
    We already have the ability to work on 2 tasks at the same time: the one we have selected and started from the task board, and the next one that we begin before we actually select it, by sending out our ships, loading our factory boxes with orders, planting crops etc. It's part of the game to manage our time in order to complete one task after another. If the game is made so easy that anyone with not much time to play can still achieve a lot of completed tasks, then those of us that like a challenge would lose interest entirely.
    I must admit this is how I plan in the regatta. I save my boosters, mining tools and clovers every week. We have no interest in the Leaderboard although we are in the Golden League, so up to now we have dumped any tasks under 120 points. I appreciate that communication may be more difficult in a large co-op. So improving the methods of communication so that racers can "unofficially" reserve tasks, so that they can do an animal feed and then a milk etc one. For icecream and other products, I have 6 already made after checking that I could have it, so they sit on the shelf with the factory boxes full and ready to go as soon as I press the select task button. So we are already multitasking

Regatta

I think it would be cool if we could do more than one task at a time it would give us more time to be able to complete all the tasks if we could work on even two different tasks at once

Quote Originally Posted by Adizton View Post
    I would LOVE to do 2 tasks at once, however moderator, Hyacinth makes a valid point. Many members would suffer at the hands of the few who would enjoy double tasks, taking tasks that could be used by others.

To solve this, I would suggest being able to do more than one extra task for Tcash. I always have one or two days left after doing 15/16 tasks, and would love to be able to do more. On the other hand, it would be good if members who have finished the 15/16 tasks. They could do the tasks that slower members were willing to share. Eg. If a Member can only do 6 tasks during the entire Regatta, they could put 5 or so tasks on a special shelf in the co-op building, and other members could fulfill them, a TRUE CO-OP.
    I like that idea because it's still co-op members helping co-op members. It stays with the integrity of the game and eliminates frustration. Great idea!
    A knight in shining armor is a knight whose metal has never been tested.

This is unlikely to be implemented due to similar reasons given by Playrix in here on doing more extra tasks.
    http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....7-Ask-the-Devs!
    Why are the regatta rules set up to only allow 1 additional task per participant? Why can't I do as many tasks as I want to?

Egor (Game Designer): Please don't forget that the main point of the Regattas is CO-OPeration So teamwork is the key here! Every co-op member needs to bring something to the table in order to win, not just one player.
    Platform: iOS (iPad/iPhone)
    Town Level: 95
    Zoo Level: 22

Having trouble with your game? Check out the in-game help. Or contact support via 'Contact Us' from within the in-game help.
    If you can't get into your game, you can use: https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?l=en

While working on one task and 'preparing' for another, is not working on two tasks at once. Besides, when filling crates, and are preparing another task with a factory for goods or growing crops, it's a gamble on whether the crates need use of that factory for something else.
    As for the board, they just cut the timescale by half for how long to wait for another task to appear. Instead of 20mins, make it 5??
    Think it be good, to pick two tasks, only to a certain degree. As I aforementioned, while waiting for long hours of a ship to return, or a certain crop to grow, can be getting on with a much less time consuming task. Plus, it prevents another coop member nicking your wanted next task, even if mentioned it in chat to other members that you want the 'watermelons' next, only to find it taken by someone just as you finish one to grab that one?