Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opt-Out Option For Events

Watkins Mill

Opt-Out Option For Events

Does anyone else want a way to check out on Events? The every nine minutes "thought bubbles" are a pain to get rid of for days at time, and the events aren't cost effective. I've already bought all the "special items."

Opt-Out Option For Events

Can we please have an option to opt out of event before it ends to avoid "winning" event-related staff in House of Luck and receiving it as gifts from friends?

(sorry if such thread was posted before, didn't find it)
    Town Name: Horishni Plavni, #UKRQK6, Android
    Town Level: 114 - playing since march-2016
    Zoo Level: 45 - finished!

Hi Faye, that's one of the reasons I have for starting events late. This has been requested/mentioned previously, but was a good while ago. My pet peeve was not so much acquiring goods which could be sold, but boosters which sit there enticing me to continue lol.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

I second this! And for certain items (like getting restaurant upgrade coupons, or hammer for last match3 event), which you can't sell - they are stored in the mini-game and you can't access them - so if you are not participating in event, you basically spend 5 clovers for nothing in HOL.
    Would be a nice option to have a "participate in event" checkbox in settings like we have for regattas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Hi Faye, that's one of the reasons I have for starting events late. This has been requested/mentioned previously, but was a good while ago. My pet peeve was not so much acquiring goods which could be sold, but boosters which sit there enticing me to continue lol.
    Hi Pink You obviously are a woman of strong will, lol I never can stop myself in starting playing as soon as an event begins and usually play until the end for fun and some t-cash (and winning restaurant-like ones), but as Playrix focuses on massive recycling and thus making free play more stress than fun - then we should have an option to stop at the time inner voice says "enough!" Yes, some goods can be sold for some coins, but instead we could win smth really useful like t-cash or ingots.
    Boosters, ouch! Fishing event ahead with BOOOOsters...
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    I second this! And for certain items (like getting restaurant upgrade coupons, or hammer for last match3 event), which you can't sell - they are stored in the mini-game and you can't access them - so if you are not participating in event, you basically spend 5 clovers for nothing in HOL.
    Would be a nice option to have a "participate in event" checkbox in settings like we have for regattas.
    Thank you dreadnought! That's exactly what I have in mind: checkbox in settings which deactivates mini-game participation at the moment it's checked.
    Town Name: Horishni Plavni, #UKRQK6, Android
    Town Level: 114 - playing since march-2016
    Zoo Level: 45 - finished!

Events Opting Out

Dear township
    I would like to suggest the idea that you might allow players to opt out of events and not have to receive “event gifts” during those events. Sometimes events have the same decos and you just don’t want to participate, it would be nice to be able to opt out and not receive as a standard gift, supporting items for that event.
    thank you for your time

I would think that the number that would support that are quite few.

Whether I choose to actually participate in hopes of winning, I still enjoy getting the few items along the way (gems, boosters, building supplies). Watching others in my respective co-ops, it appears that they all pretty much shoot for at least the minimum.

At the same time, I only give gifts to those that are active in events (if the gift includes the possibility of an item that assists, such as the lures for the first 5 gifts daily that you receive).

Otherwise, just do as so many of the others do and not play for the 7-10 days that it is running. It's your choice, but nothing that I can see that needs a game enhancement. Too many other areas that need attention.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

William Shannon

Option to opt out of Events

Please make it so we can opt out of events like we can opt out of the regatta. Most events I don’t even bother playing. Every time I open the app, I feel forced to participate. The limited time goods in the factories take up room and throw me off. During events, the green boxes in the market contain nothing of value to me. The gifts I receive from friends aren’t of value to me during events. There’s an extra button next to the helicopter, plane, and train.

This would be great for me.

The cooking events I just can't do, because I play on a very small screened cheap phone and my eyes aren't perfect, I just can't see which sort of pasta etc customers are ordering in this event. So I just don't play it, but as said above I miss out on a lot of gifts as all they contain is items for the event.

One more thing is there are a lot of extra regatta tasks you can't do if you aren't doing the event.

A simple check box on the calendar board would give us the chance to opt out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    One more thing is there are a lot of extra regatta tasks you can't do if you aren't doing the event.
    The Regatta Tasks might have to stay unless everyone in the co-op opts-out of the regatta and/or the event otherwise someone else could do those tasks (single co-op's are the easy case )

But you guys are right, there's a lot of clutter associated with the event tasks, rewards, temporary recipes, buttons, etc that you just can't put a piece of tape over and ignore