The Winter Holiday Tour Of Towns 4, Baffling Myth

In the Co-op of Chez Tazette (#CHEFC2) there rests a town named Myth. It is slightly different from the usual fare and it baffled me. So I hope you don’t mind that I had to seek outside help to unravel the intricacies of Myth. If the name Dr. Ludvig Litpshitz sounds familiar too you, well it should, as he is generally recognized as the guru of Township Town Symbology. The following is a transcript of our interview. It is good stuff.

“Thank you for taking time from your schedule Doctor.”

“Eet ees no problem Buddee.”

“So, Doctor, why would one put the Ferris Wheel next to the Hair Saloon?”

“Vere ees dat Buddee?”

“Left building blob, just left of center”

“Oh, I see now! Hokay, Ferris wheel symbolize life, Hair Saloon ees religion. Life messes you up, so go to church. See?”

“I see! Ferris wheel messes up your hair, so go to the saloon to get it fixed! Brilliant!”

“Dees town is deep Buddee, very deep!”

“So Doctor, what is going on with all those roads? There are all of these incredible grids and then little chunks of roads with no rhyme or reason.”

“Ho, Buddee, eet all make perfect sense. The roads are choices in life. Dee cars look confused yes? Dey don’t know vich vay to go! Eet is same vith mankind. And some of our choices lead to nowhere, just like in dees town.”

“Wow, it is starting to become clear! “

“Doctor, there are areas where everything looks crammed but there also huge expanses of open areas. Why would someone lay their town out this way?”

“Dee dense areas ees pressure of living in postindustrial society. Dee open areas are the alienation and isolation dees create in mankind. Dey are making statement. Eet ees is good you have me here to explain dees Buddee.”

“Thanks Doctor.”

So, apparently this town is an abstract painting, rife with symbolism. Surprised I missed all this.

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 12-16-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Hahahaha, you’re a hoot, Cobalt. That town is gonna be a mind-blower when it’s finished.. I see their pic reads “deep inside, we all want a zombie apocalypse” lol. Well, so would I if I lived there..

brilliant interview!

My ordered brain can't cope with this one! When I build/rearrange my town, I think of the townshipers as being alive and stuck in the game. Like in the film Tron. What would it be like to have to drive up and down the same inch of road, without the chance of getting out of my car and walking away, until my mayor/user turns the game off? Nightmare...
    Level: 208
    Co-op: Green Gables #GRE4SU
    Friend code: PFSFZF
    Player Since: May 2015

Lol Cobalt...thank you for this insight! I have often come across unusually laid out towns and have wondered why they look the way they do....now i need to wonder no more.......its because they are based on an abstract painting! Now, why didnt i think of that!!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 158

Quote Originally Posted by boby1172 View Post
    My ordered brain can't cope with this one! When I build/rearrange my town, I think of the townshipers as being alive and stuck in the game. Like in the film Tron. What would it be like to have to drive up and down the same inch of road, without the chance of getting out of my car and walking away, until my mayor/user turns the game off? Nightmare...
    OMG, Tron.. I’d forgotten all about that movie... wow. And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    So, apparently this town is an abstract painting, rife with symbolism. Surprised I missed all this.
    As the keeper of Daliscape, I'm surprised you missed it too. It screams "Hello Dali"

Brilliant interview (now where did I put my "clapping hands" emoji?)

Zat is not a Ferris Wheel, it is an industrial hair dryer, line up the customers and open the rear windows and voila! dry!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

Not sure it is yours, Charlie, but try this site, withOUT the blanks
    http:// www.sherv.net/ hands.clapping.applause-emoticon-3879.html

And btw, Cobalt, it's clear that you are Buddee now here forever also, right?! (sorry if syntax is strange, I'm still ROFL-ing)
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-16-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    As the keeper of Daliscape, I'm surprised you missed it too. It screams "Hello Dali"

Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.