Thread: Why do you love township?

Why do you love township?

i've been playing for a few months and ive played lots of games like this but i think this one might be my favorite. I like the bright colors and the funny characters, and i was wondering from everyone else, why do you like township more than other games?

I don't play any other games apart from one other and some puzzle apps. I like Township because it has lots of different things to attract me.....the time-management game, seeing a town build up the way I want to, the social aspect because I have got to know some of the people in my co-op, the competitive element of the regatta, the cheerful music and bright colours that makes the game an uplifting escape from life pressures, the fact that I am always able to win an achievement or Tcash, the funny animals, the forum which enables me to pick up tips to improve my play.....so many things really.
    Last edited by Tassie; 10-17-2016 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Removed game name due to forum rules

Can't believe I missed this thread earlier

My favourite part is the creativity we can bring to design, the variety of buildings and decorations, so we can create different areas within our towns. I really enjoy visiting other people's towns and seeing what they have done
    I enjoy watching the characters and what they do, and love the cat who think it owns my town.

I like that there is lots of choice in how to play, there is no one right way. And I like that I have to think about what I am going to go, not just click buttons to get through things quickly.

I like that I can leave the game for a few days and come back and everything is waiting as it was.

I like the timed events that are very achievable, without having to go overboard to complete them

It's a game that I can play as little or as much as I want, without stress or pressure

And I can play without it costing anything, so I can decide if I want to treat myself occasionally
    Platform: iOS (iPad/iPhone)
    Town Level: 95
    Zoo Level: 22

Having trouble with your game? Check out the in-game help. Or contact support via 'Contact Us' from within the in-game help.
    If you can't get into your game, you can use: https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?l=en

It's a no pressure game where you can throw in a little of your own creativity. You don't have to babysit it all the time. Let's me get out of the stress of every day, helped me through two major heart surgeries and a pacemaker. (Not for me). People/character watching is my all time favorite thing to do and catching all the new snippets here and there. Also helping the occasional stranger floating in and around the game. Also I can read here and throw out a good on run on sentence and see where it leads
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

They are innovated, characters on ground are funny, especially in zoo. Love what they did with Halloween!

Hello

The following are the positive aspects of Township that are important to me and because of which I decided to play it in the first place and keep playing now. Like others already said I also like the cute graphics, characters and decorating my town, but you have that in other games too - I'd like to stress the positive things that I missed in other games or negative ones that annoyed me there.

01. No bonus hours or the like: You're not forced to login at certain times. I'm really annoyed by games where you get benefits when you login at several certain times of the day and when you're working or dare to have a life you always miss out.

02. Managable events: So far, all the events I've taken part in here were doable in a reasonable amount of time for everyone and not just paying players. Another positive point is that you don't only compete against the best players of the whole game, you also have your very own small competition where you at least have a chance to win. (Ok the latter was only the case in 2 events for me, but I'd like to see that back.)

03. T-Cash: You're actually able to collect T-Cash when you pay nothing at all. In many games the premium currency is really hard (if not impossible) to come by without paying real money. You may not get rich easily here, but at least you have the chance to get some of it without paying.

04. Building materials: Yes, I know this is one of the things people complain most about (I was among them for a while and pretty annoyed myself), but once you figured out that you just have to build only one community building at a time, it really works well. Since I do that, I've been getting the materials I need in a reasonable amount of time.

05. Forum and Player Suggestions: I think the support on the forum is very good, the help I recieved here was excellent. You wouldn't believe how many games don't even bother anymore to offer an official forum. Regarding suggestions - sure, we players don't get everything we'd like to have in the game, but a considerable amount of suggestions and/or playerfriendly improvements have been implemented. (Although I was displeased with the september update like so many others, I don't want to forget that also a lot of playerfriendly things have been added to the game.)

06. Activity: You can decide how much you play. You're not forced to play long, but at the same time you're not kept from it either. If you want to, you can always do something and aren't limited by some energy bar or action points which have to refill.

07. Adds and popups: With the exception of the helicopter (which I don't receive anymore ) there are no ads.
    You can opt out of being asked to connect to facebook - in other games it's really annoying to constantly being nagged to connect to facebook.
    In case there's a special offer, it is shown at the start, but this doesn't happen often and you're not bombarded with popups at every start of the game.

08. Regatta leagues: As already said before, I really like this system of competing against a small group of players, or in this case coops. That way there are a lot more winners and not every time the same 3 top guilds (coops) of the game get prizes and all the rest misses out. Furthermore, with the different leagues you and your coop can decide at what activity level you want to play - from no regatta at all to 15(16) tasks each weak and compete against coops of similar activity.

09. Untimed quests: With the helicopter orders and trains you have a bunch of "quests" that you can do any time you want. They're not timed, they don't disappear, you can simply do them whenever you want and they never stop. I can speak only for myself, but I like it much more to fill an order than simply produce and sell from the barn, even if helicopter orders didn't net more benefit.

Alright, that's what I was able to think of now in no specific order.

Happy gaming everyone

~Soreya

Thanks for reminding me of some of the things I take for granted in the game
    Platform: iOS (iPad/iPhone)
    Town Level: 95
    Zoo Level: 22

Having trouble with your game? Check out the in-game help. Or contact support via 'Contact Us' from within the in-game help.
    If you can't get into your game, you can use: https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?l=en

Soreya, you made me realise how many reasons there are to like this game

Township Love Letter:

Dear Township,

You are nice. Whenever I want to play, you always come out to join me. When my kids are too busy to play other games with their old Dad, you give me something to do. When I feel like being a Mayor, you let me tear down houses for half-price, open up the landscape and buy parks and other pretty things.

When I feel like being a Tycoon, you let me run my own Rail Transportation Company, Shipping Line and Air Freight Service!

When I feel like being an Entrepreneur, you let me run factories, manage the barn and have my own store.

When I feel like being an Explorer, you open up the mine.

When I want to be a Farmer, well boy-howdy! I get to plant just about anything!

There are times when I want to be all of these things at once. You gave me co-ops and regattas. But even before those, you let me help friends in other towns, which gave me a reason to plant, harvest, produce and store a variety of things, knowing I could help someone and make a profit later.

Even the stuff I don't like so much are charming. I don't enjoy your zoo, but I love to see other people's zoos. I'm not crazy about being unable to demolish ugly structures, but you let me hide them rather well. I really hate the splotchy yellow in my grass, but you give me inspiration to landscape them away with sand, dirt and puddles.

Best of all, you allow a community of Townshippers to congregate, discuss and learn from one another. That, I find, extends the love of a game beyond anything developers can create!
    Mitchell Allen