Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's In A Name?

Garfunkel, very nice thread, thank you for starting it. For me, my towns name is Ryan's Hope. I was diagnosed with a hereditary chronic illness, came from my mom's side, and after I was diagnosed, two other cousins were. My son, being in his early twenties, and though I have encourage him to be tested refuses at this time. So it is my "hope" for him that the gene was not passed down. Lydia, Mishy, understand the pain of losing a beloved pet. Sweetness was the name of our beloved cat, still miss my sweet girl. It is amazing as to the "why" we choose our names, and many have special reasons in their decision. Happy Holidays guys, there are many here, though I have never met them face to face, holds a special place in my heart. Love, love

"Sweetness was the name of our beloved cat, still miss my sweet girl."

Don't think we ever stop missing them Sweetness but I have some wonderful memories and great photos which come up on my computer Google screen saver all the time so they're constantly in my mind. They had a very happy life and certainly knew they were loved, as I'm sure your cat was. We can't really do anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    "Sweetness was the name of our beloved cat, still miss my sweet girl."

Don't think we ever stop missing them Sweetness but I have some wonderful memories and great photos which come up on my computer Google screen saver all the time so they're constantly in my mind. They had a very happy life and certainly knew they were loved, as I'm sure your cat was. We can't really do anymore.
    So true Mishy...

You know the joke, "how do you know someone's vegan?" "Don't worry, they'll tell you."

Don't worry, their town name will tell you. Admittedly not too creative, but it has sparked some fun conversations in the coop when people are genuinely curious about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfunkel View Post
    Ann, Tigger’s Den is one of my favorite Co Ops to visit because I love seeing what you all have changed your names to depending on what’s going on! You guys are very creative and come up with some great names!
    Naming your town after your pet is a fun idea! My cats name is Jacquimo and I bet there aren’t many towns, if any, with that name😄
    We have great fun coming up with themes and town names, its so funny to see everyones take on a theme and how inventive they are! I think my absolute favourite has to be Peas idea to call her town ' Sir Pea-a-lot'! I was crying with laughter!
    Its nice to know that others enjoy our silliness as much as we do!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    Booge's Night Before Christmas, Booged

These are a little obscure and you are no Scrooge.
    I love Booges night before christmas....if that fits in, ill definitely use it! I think i used Boo-dolph last year!

I have forgotten what I originally named my town! When I started a coop, I just switched the town name to my player name to keep it simple and keep me recognizable. Most of the coop members either use their name in their town name or add it in parentheses for the same reason.

I'm friends with the Tigger's Den people and sometimes it's a challenge to figure out who is behind the town name! Plus a lot of my other friends seem to change town names fairly often. The ones who use a consistent unique avatar I can identify pretty quickly, but some people switch between standard Township avatars and I may never figure them out!

I was raised with pets from shelters, I raised my own kids with shelter pets, and I'm proud that now that my kids are adults, they too choose pets from shelters or rescues. I also drilled good animal etiquette into the kids and had to bypass the animals that clearly needed more attention than I could spare from my children - fortunately there were always animals that simply needed a loving home to turn into happy pets. I'm still hoping for grandchildren but our current pets won't be a problem, they are cats but their way to handle threats is to run away and hide, I'll just have to teach the kids to not try to grab them.

I started the co-op while I was binge-watching Game of Thrones, hence "Kingsroad Trading Post" (I think Hot Pie still works there ) with the motto "Winter Wheat is Coming".

To keep with the farming aspect of the game, my original town name was "Cowhampshire" which, for any Massachusetts resident, is a dig at the rural nature of our northern neighbor, New Hampshire. Folks wanting to fire back have tagged our "famously skilled" drivers as "Massholes" so it evens out.

Anyway, once co-ops started, the chat would occasionally have a "thank you" sprinkled in. When people started typing "Thanks Cow", I knew it was time to change the name.

It's gone through several iterations, usually with Charlie or Charles somewhere. The current name is "Charlie's Corral", which seemed appropriate for my new Western Season town sign.

Don't know if I'll ever get back to the Game of Thrones theme, maybe "Dragon Season" is in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I started the co-op while I was binge-watching Game of Thrones, hence "Kingsroad Trading Post" (I think Hot Pie still works there ) with the motto "Winter Wheat is Coming". Don't know if I'll ever get back to the Game of Thrones theme, maybe "Dragon Season" is in the cards.
    Winter Wheat is Coming - LOL... Just started on Season 6

When I first created my town. I named it after the place I live, but then I got to know people and decided to put the town in my name.