Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's In A Name?

Quote Originally Posted by Llydia View Post
    My town name always had something to do with Sonskyn....translated it means sunshine.
    Then about 2 weeks ago our beloved Hungarian Vizsla died ,and I was simply heartbroken.So I have decided at least for the moment to name my town after her,so its "Blompaleis vir Nevaya".I tried to plant a lot of all kinds of flowers,because it means a flower palace for Nevaya (her name).
    I’m so sorry to hear about your Nevaya, Llydia! What a nice way to honor her memory and I bet your town looks absolutely beautiful!❤️

Thank you Garfunkel,still not over it,I do think my town name will stay like this for a while.
    And also,another team member named her town Stoffieville ,because we use to call our doggie by that name, Nevaya was her registered name.We love to chat about our pets in our co op.Sure feels like family even though from different countries.

My town name always had something to do with Sonskyn....translated it means sunshine.
    Then about 2 weeks ago our beloved Hungarian Vizsla died ,and I was simply heartbroken.So I have decided at least for the moment to name my town after her,so its "Blompaleis vir Nevaya".I tried to plant a lot of all kinds of flowers,because it means a flower palace for Nevaya (her name).
    You have my deepest sympathy Llydia. We had 2 gorgeous Vizslas, Zolti and Kazmer who died within 6 months of each other aged 16 and 14, absolutely heartbreaking. We have 2 new dogs now but I'll never forget my gorgeous boys, wonderful breed.

Our co-op is called Colwyn Bay, the Colwyn is for one of our members who very recently had her first grandchild who was named Colwyn. She seemed to like the gesture so it will certainly stay like that for some time.

Oh Mishy,I am so sorry for you.We went to a lady who runs a rescue centre,and you know we found this poor abused vizsla puppy ,about 9 months old,so timid and scared of people,bite marks all over her.I had to take her home of course.So we named her Rose Beri after another member of our co op,we call her Rosie,its not easy going but we are getting there.I am so thankful for all the friends and support from co op and non co op members,it means such a lot to me,and Rosie.😄😄

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    In the Den, we change our town names weekly, we choose a theme and change our town names to fit with the theme. We always keep the main part of our town name the same, ( mine always has Boo in my town name). If we didnt do that, it would get very confusing!
    As we are gearing up for christmas , that will probably be our next theme...so if anyone can come up with a funny town name for me, id love to see them!
    Oh, and Boo is my cats name, he was wandering by when i was thinking of a town name!
    Booge's Night Before Christmas, Booged

These are a little obscure and you are no Scrooge.

Oh Mishy,I am so sorry for you.We went to a lady who runs a rescue centre,and you know we found this poor abused vizsla puppy ,about 9 months old,so timid and scared of people,bite marks all over her.I had to take her home of course.So we named her Rose Beri after another member of our co op,we call her Rosie,its not easy going but we are getting there.I am so thankful for all the friends and support from co op and non co op members,it means such a lot to me,and Rosie.
    Amazing when you can rescue a puppy (or an older dog) so worthwhile. I would love to but have always been a bit nervous, I have 12 grandchildren, some of them quite small and I just darent risk an “unknown background” although quite obviously it’s not the dog’s fault! Rosie is a very lucky girl, I bet she thinks so too. I despise people who mistreat animals, they should be thrown in a deep, dark hole and never let out again.

Neat topic!
    Named mine for what I do - Constant Changes. A couple years ago my mom got a kindle for Christmas soooo I uploaded Township on hers (since I'm at her house on Sunday's) we named it Sunday Fun. VERY quickly she took over so we made a co op Constant Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfunkel View Post
    Oh that’s a good idea Bessville! I could tack on aka Pleasantville or something of the sort onto my new name long enough for my neighbors to know it’s still me😄 Haha yes your avatar is definitely unique! I like it!!
    Thanks Garfunkel! It looks exactly like actual me, though I’m not actually aged, lol, just rather prematurely grey. It means I don’t need to use a real pic, which suits me fine. Kudos to my coop boss for making it for me.

My current town name had its origins on the Forum. It was born out of a response I made in the thread "anyone else's town just ridiculously cute?" It is on about page 34 of that thread.