Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's In A Name?

What's In A Name?

How did you all come up with your town name?

When I first downloaded Township I had no idea what it was or if I would even like it (😱) so when it came time to choose a town name I just went with the first one I could think of. Now that I’ve been playing for a few months and am admittedly obsessed with this game, I’m kind of bummed I didn’t put more thought into my town name😕
    I’ve thought about changing it but now I’m kind of attached to it and not sure if I want to confuse my neighbors... but I’d love to hear how you came about your town name😄
    Town Name: Starfish Lagoon (Level 72)
    Co-Op: Olympus Has Fallen (#Y5D5QJ)
    Platform: iOS

Playing since June 2017

I forgot what my first town name was, but I changed it to HelpALot, a play with Lancelot and because I also enjoy the helping aspect of the game. Changing your name might confuse your neighbors but not too much especially if you're using your fb pic as your game pic
    Town Name: HelpALot
    Started Playing: 17 Aug 2017
    Platform: Android
    Timezone: GMT+8

Join our co-op

Co-op name: Happy Sails
    Co-op Tag: #HPS4PE

I try to not be addicted to this game, but so far, it's a futile effort.

Quote Originally Posted by jary View Post
    I forgot what my first town name was, but I changed it to HelpALot, a play with Lancelot and because I also enjoy the helping aspect of the game. Changing your name might confuse your neighbors but not too much especially if you're using your fb pic as your game pic
    Nice play on words Jary! Very creative😄
    I don’t have my town linked to FB but I keep my profile picture the same picture for some time. I’ve only been using the ones I win at events and that doesn’t happen too often hahaha. Hopefully that keeps me somewhat recognizable if I go ahead with a name change!😄

Playing since June 2017

I change mine often, but always add (aka Bessville or Bess) if the new one doesn’t contain it. That, plus my unique FB avatar is clear enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I change mine often, but always add (aka Bessville or Bess) if the new one doesn’t contain it. That, plus my unique FB avatar is clear enough.
    Oh that’s a good idea Bessville! I could tack on aka Pleasantville or something of the sort onto my new name long enough for my neighbors to know it’s still me😄 Haha yes your avatar is definitely unique! I like it!!

Playing since June 2017

I'm in the same boat. Wasn't sure about the game so didn't put a lot of thought into a name. Mine came from my 2 year old granddaughter. When I couldn't think of a name I said out loud, Oh come on! This is ridiculous. It's just a game. My granddaughter heard and asked, Does Nana need a hug to help? I got my hug and then named my town Hugstown. I don't like the name but when I think of changing it I hear her little voice and decide to let it stay for just a little longer.
    Last edited by Boots; 12-14-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Wasn't sure about the game so didn't put a lot of thought into a name. Mine came from my 2 year old granddaughter. When I couldn't think of a name I said out loud, Oh come on! This is ridiculous. It's just a game. My granddaughter heard and asked, Does Nana need a hug to help? I got my hug and then named my town Hugstown. I don't like the name but when I think of changing it I hear her little voice and decide to let it stay for just a little longer.
    Oh that’s a sweet story Boots! I’d have a hard time changing that name too!😄

Playing since June 2017

In the Den, we change our town names weekly, we choose a theme and change our town names to fit with the theme. We always keep the main part of our town name the same, ( mine always has Boo in my town name). If we didnt do that, it would get very confusing!
    As we are gearing up for christmas , that will probably be our next theme...so if anyone can come up with a funny town name for me, id love to see them!
    Oh, and Boo is my cats name, he was wandering by when i was thinking of a town name!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 167

My town name always had something to do with Sonskyn....translated it means sunshine.
    Then about 2 weeks ago our beloved Hungarian Vizsla died ,and I was simply heartbroken.So I have decided at least for the moment to name my town after her,so its "Blompaleis vir Nevaya".I tried to plant a lot of all kinds of flowers,because it means a flower palace for Nevaya (her name).

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    In the Den, we change our town names weekly, we choose a theme and change our town names to fit with the theme. We always keep the main part of our town name the same, ( mine always has Boo in my town name). If we didnt do that, it would get very confusing!
    As we are gearing up for christmas , that will probably be our next theme...so if anyone can come up with a funny town name for me, id love to see them!
    Oh, and Boo is my cats name, he was wandering by when i was thinking of a town name!
    Ann, Tigger’s Den is one of my favorite Co Ops to visit because I love seeing what you all have changed your names to depending on what’s going on! You guys are very creative and come up with some great names!
    Naming your town after your pet is a fun idea! My cats name is Jacquimo and I bet there aren’t many towns, if any, with that name😄

Playing since June 2017