Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's In A Name?

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    I love Booges night before christmas....if that fits in, ill definitely use it! I think i used Boo-dolph last year!
    You must have been Boo-tylicious at some point, right? Or maybe just Ready For This Jelly (Boo).

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    You must have been Boo-tylicious at some point, right? Or maybe just Ready For This Jelly (Boo).
    Lol Bess! Yes, ive done Boo-tylicious but ready for this jelly (boo) is a new one on me! I will definitely use it at some point, its hilarious!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 158

Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    Our co-op is called Colwyn Bay, the Colwyn is for one of our members who very recently had her first grandchild who was named Colwyn. She seemed to like the gesture so it will certainly stay like that for some time.
    What a sweet gesture of your Co Op Mishy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    Neat topic!
    Named mine for what I do - Constant Changes. A couple years ago my mom got a kindle for Christmas soooo I uploaded Township on hers (since I'm at her house on Sunday's) we named it Sunday Fun. VERY quickly she took over so we made a co op Constant Fun.
    Oh I love that Lightbox! I could definitely use a more personal name for my town, good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    My current town name had its origins on the Forum. It was born out of a response I made in the thread "anyone else's town just ridiculously cute?" It is on about page 34 of that thread.
    I’ll have to do some digging and check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Garfunkel, very nice thread, thank you for starting it. For me, my towns name is Ryan's Hope. I was diagnosed with a hereditary chronic illness, came from my mom's side, and after I was diagnosed, two other cousins were. My son, being in his early twenties, and though I have encourage him to be tested refuses at this time. So it is my "hope" for him that the gene was not passed down.
    Oh Sweetness that has to be rough! I’m sorry. I do love the personal meaning behind your town. I will be hoping it was not passed down to him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    You know the joke, "how do you know someone's vegan?" "Don't worry, they'll tell you."
    Hahaha love it Veganville!! Great idea to create a name off of something important to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    I have forgotten what I originally named my town! When I started a coop, I just switched the town name to my player name to keep it simple and keep me recognizable. Most of the coop members either use their name in their town name or add it in parentheses for the same reason.
    That would definitely keep it easy for people to recognize you even if you do change town names, good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I started the co-op while I was binge-watching Game of Thrones, hence "Kingsroad Trading Post" (I think Hot Pie still works there ) with the motto "Winter Wheat is Coming".

To keep with the farming aspect of the game, my original town name was "Cowhampshire" which, for any Massachusetts resident, is a dig at the rural nature of our northern neighbor, New Hampshire. Folks wanting to fire back have tagged our "famously skilled" drivers as "Massholes" so it evens out.

Anyway, once co-ops started, the chat would occasionally have a "thank you" sprinkled in. When people started typing "Thanks Cow", I knew it was time to change the name.

It's gone through several iterations, usually with Charlie or Charles somewhere. The current name is "Charlie's Corral", which seemed appropriate for my new Western Season town sign.

Don't know if I'll ever get back to the Game of Thrones theme, maybe "Dragon Season" is in the cards.
    How funny Cdosr!! I don’t think I’d want to be referred to as Cow either haha. I like that you change your town name depending on theme! I think it would be fun to come up with different names depending on what’s going on or what you’re using

Quote Originally Posted by Kris.cet View Post
    When I first created my town. I named it after the place I live, but then I got to know people and decided to put the town in my name.
    Not a bad idea Kris! I could definitely come up with some cute names based on my hometown.
    Last edited by Amoria; 12-14-2017 at 11:16 PM. Reason: removed emoji coding errors
    Town Name: Starfish Lagoon (Level 72)
    Co-Op: Olympus Has Fallen (#Y5D5QJ)
    Platform: iOS

Playing since June 2017

Ive played acouple different games previously and have always used "Redneck" something or other. Some peeps in my life have always called me Redneck, its just the type of person i am.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Junction View Post
    Ive played acouple different games previously and have always used "Redneck" something or other. Some peeps in my life have always called me Redneck, its just the type of person i am.
    That’s a good idea Redneck! I use Garfunkel a lot in other things so would be easy to make that into a town name of some sort😄

Playing since June 2017

What a fun thread! Thanks for starting, Garfunkel!

My town name was originally Scorekeeper for a long time.

I have been graced with my son's Treeing Walker Coonhound by the name of Hank. He was found as a pup running along a country road by a friend. Son said, "Mom, he never left my side and when he looked at me with those sad eyes, I knew I had to bring him home" and how do you tell your child no to that?? Needless to say, Hank is not a hunting dog, he is highly nervous and gun shy. Any loud noise and he is trying to fit his 50 pound, long legged body into a 2x2 space.

So, not long after Tigger's Den became a co op, the Great Duckie, started calling me Hank/Hankie all due to a picture of Hank

I was playing Township, lol, and noticed i hadn't seen Hank for awhile. I went back to his bedroom and there he sat on his king sized bed with PILLOW STUFFING all around him!! And the look on his face said it all...what?? I didn't do anything and have no clue what happened!!

Needless to say, no more pillows for Hank...and the name is now also mine
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    What a fun thread! Thanks for starting, Garfunkel!

My town name was originally Scorekeeper for a long time.

I have been graced with my son's Treeing Walker Coonhound by the name of Hank. He was found as a pup running along a country road by a friend. Son said, "Mom, he never left my side and when he looked at me with those sad eyes, I knew I had to bring him home" and how do you tell your child no to that?? Needless to say, Hank is not a hunting dog, he is highly nervous and gun shy. Any loud noise and he is trying to fit his 50 pound, long legged body into a 2x2 space.

So, not long after Tigger's Den became a co op, the Great Duckie, started calling me Hank/Hankie all due to a picture of Hank

I was playing Township, lol, and noticed i hadn't seen Hank for awhile. I went back to his bedroom and there he sat on his king sized bed with PILLOW STUFFING all around him!! And the look on his face said it all...what?? I didn't do anything and have no clue what happened!!

Needless to say, no more pillows for Hank...and the name is now also mine
    Thanks Scorekeeper! It’s my first thread and I was actually pretty nervous no one would want to respond hahaha. It’s been fun reading about everyone’s meanings behind their names!

Oh man, you’re right! There’s just no way to say no to something like that haha! He sounds like a sweetie! But yes, definitely no more pillows for Hank! Maybe he prefers his bed to be more on the firm side haha😂😂

Playing since June 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Garfunkel View Post
    How did you all come up with your town name?
    Great thread idea!

Firenze is the Italian name for the city of Florence. I think it's a beautiful word in look and sound and it popped into my head (probably because at the time I had watched an episode of Frasier the night before where he mentions Firenze). I had considered changing it at some point in the future but it became a moniker so quickly that I do believe I'm (happily) stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Llydia View Post
    [...]about 2 weeks ago our beloved Hungarian Vizsla died ,and I was simply heartbroken.So I have decided at least for the moment to name my town after her,so its "Blompaleis vir Nevaya".I tried to plant a lot of all kinds of flowers,because it means a flower palace for Nevaya (her name).
    Quote Originally Posted by Llydia View Post
    We went to a lady who runs a rescue centre,and you know we found this poor abused vizsla puppy ,about 9 months old,so timid and scared of people,bite marks all over her.I had to take her home of course.So we named her Rose Beri after another member of our co op,we call her Rosie,its not easy going but we are getting there.I am so thankful for all the friends and support from co op and non co op members,it means such a lot to me,and Rosie.😄😄
    Big hugs to you, Llydia. Losing a Puppy-Love is heart-breaking and I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave her a loving, lovely life. I'm so grateful to you for choosing to rescue another dog. Rehabilitating a rescue in rough shape can be so tough, but so rewarding. (I've got a couple rescue-mutts myself). If you ever wanna chat dogs/rescue/training/etc feel free to shoot me a PM. <3
    Town: Firenze, iOS (KN74NX), Level 90
    Co-op Leader: Aphrodite's Piers (#PHY68K)

Quote Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
    Great thread idea!

Firenze is the Italian name for the city of Florence. I think it's a beautiful word in look and sound and it popped into my head (probably because at the time I had watched an episode of Frasier the night before where he mentions Firenze). I had considered changing it at some point in the future but it became a moniker so quickly that I do believe I'm (happily) stuck with it.
    Thanks Firenze! Your town name is one of my favorites! Very pretty😄 Hahaha I love Frasier!

Playing since June 2017

Hi Firenze,thank you,had to go for the tissues once again.Will certainly do,I am so needy at the moment,think my co op buddies are getting tired of me.I just need to figure out how to do pm's,please bear with me