Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW Regatta Rules 9 Sept 16

The NEW Regatta Rules 9 Sept 16

This thread supersedes all other posts regarding the change in the rules of the Regatta.

These changes will take effect from Monday 12 September but only for those platforms who have received the September Update.

---

• The status of each co-op member can only be changed by the individual member. Once they have chosen either to opt in or opt out of the regatta, their participation status will not change, until they change it themselves.
    • The start of the regatta for each co-op occurs when the first active participant from that co-op chooses a task.
    • This can be any time up to 5 hours before the regatta is due to end. Up until this deadline and before choosing the first task, members are able to change their opt in/opt out status.
    • After the co-op has entered the race by taking the previous action, any members who have their status as "opt in" will be counted in the number of racers in that co-op.
    • The co-op will then be placed in a group containing co-ops containing similar numbers of racing members.
    • If an actively participating member leaves or is kicked out of the co-op after their co-op has started to race, any points earned will stay with the co-op as before. The co-op will stay in the same grouping for the rest of the race.

---

IMPORTANT:

If all of the members of a co-op choose to take a break from the regatta, they will be demoted to the next league below.

If the co-op has ANY members who have their participation status to "opt-in" and no members choose a task before the 5 hour deadline, they will automatically be demoted to the next league below.

---

Hope this clarifies this issue. All answers have been provided by the developers via Nataly
    Last edited by Amoria; 04-07-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks for this hyacinth, would it be possible for playrix to add these rules to the help section in the game itself? Not everyone comes to the forum so this would help clarify the new rules for all players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    Thanks for this hyacinth, would it be possible for playrix to add these rules to the help section in the game itself? Not everyone comes to the forum so this would help clarify the new rules for all players.
    You are welcome Ann. Yes indeed, it is on my list of suggestions

I'm confused what difference it makes, in practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Francl27 View Post
    I'm confused what difference it makes, in practice?
    It probably will depend on how competitive your co op is.

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    IMPORTANT

if the co op (all of its members) choose to take a break from the regatta, they will be demoted to the next league below.

If the co op has ANY members who have their participation status to "opt-in" and no members choose a task before the 5 hour deadline, they will automatically be demoted to the next league below.
    Thanks for the clarification, hyacinth :-)
    As for the quote: So, even if we use the Opt out feature (f.e. for a week of RL vacation), provided by Playrix, we will be treated the same as those "sleepers" and get demoted?

Doesn't seem fair to me, nor necessary. It's not the same.

Does it also mean having to start over totally after 4 or 5 weeks of absence?

Thank you hyacinth! Your great at what u do!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, hyacinth :-)
    As for the quote: So, even if we use the Opt out feature (f.e. for a week of RL vacation), provided by Playrix, we will be treated the same as those "sleepers" and get demoted?

Doesn't seem fair to me, nor necessary. It's not the same.

Does it also mean having to start over totally after 4 or 5 weeks of absence?
    Yes I was as surprised as you about the automatic demotion if no co op members race for the week, even if they have all opted out of the regatta for that week. If you are a one member co op, then you would have to race every week. As to whether you are demoted again if the next week, all of the co op opts out, to be very honest with you, it did occur to me but I was afraid to ask, as the whole thing has been so very confusing.

I will ask on Monday though

Quote Originally Posted by JennyHuck75 View Post
    Thank you hyacinth! Your great at what u do!
    Thank you but is very much a team effort

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    Yes I was as surprised as you about the automatic demotion if no co op members race for the week, even if they have all opted out of the regatta for that week. If you are a one member co op, then you would have to race every week. As to whether you are demoted again if the next week, all of the co op opts out, to be very honest with you, it did occur to me but I was afraid to ask, as the whole thing has been so very confusing.

I will ask on Monday though
    Suggestion when you speak to them on Monday. Perhaps there can be a 1or2 week buffer that a Co-Op does NOT get demoted if all members out-opt for one week or two (vacations), but only after a consecutive weeks is triggered instead. (Other games do this).