Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very important change to the regatta rules!!!

Hi Lyndie

I agree with you. I mentioned in another thread that this will affect only the first player showing up in the coop on tuesday morning. As players are anxious to start as soon as possible, he will take a task and everyone else will be stuck with the current status.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    I'm sorry - but why fix what wasn't broken?????
    All this confusion because of changes that as far as I have read - nobody asked for or needed.
    The change that a majority asked for - that the default option be 'not participating' - has been totally ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Lyndie

I agree with you. I mentioned in another thread that this will affect only the first player showing up in the coop on tuesday morning. As players are anxious to start as soon as possible, he will take a task and everyone else will be stuck with the current status.
    I also agree with these opinions. What an unnecessary chaos.

Ah, the bliss of solo sailing.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Ah, the bliss of solo sailing.
    As the regatta is a team competition - I can't really see the point - but each to his own.
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    I an now confused.

So if one player takes a task this rule does not apply?

I don't see the point of this rule then.

If no players take a task then the co-op would be relegated because it would finish last.
    I think I understand the need for this rule / clarification. Consider what it means to be "in a race". According to the prevailing rules, your co-op will not actually enter into a regatta (the race against up to 14 other equally matched competitors) *until* someone in your co-op takes / "starts" a task. Then you are in a race.

Once you are in a race, your finishing position will determine if you are promoted (top 3 (n/a in Golden)) or relegated (bottom 3 (n/a in Wooden)) (We'll let the purist argue what happens if there are less that 6 co-ops in a race, which is irrelevant to this discussion).

But, if no-one in your co-op "starts" a task, you are not officially entered into a regatta so there is no "finishing order" to determine what to do with your co-op; there is no "last place" for you. So, this rule says "Relegated to the Lower League (n/a in Wooden)".

Technically, it's just another way you can be relegated without actually finishing in the bottom 3. Consider the other rule that says you will be relegated if you do not attain the first buoy in the race. So, if the race is among really poor performing co-ops, it's possible for many more than 3 to be relegated by not scoring enough points.

What I don't understand is why somebody goes out of their way to explain these things in the most ambiguous and confusing ways. It's as if somebody is deliberately trying to spread chaos and anxiety among the user community. I mean I get it, Professional Software Engineers (which I presume are employed at Playrix) are *not* Professional Writers. But somebody who's writing these "documents", "faqs", or "clarifications", needs to ask themselves "How can this be misinterpreted?" and clarify things *before* turning them loose on the world.
    Last edited by cdosr; 09-09-2016 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Minor edits

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    As the regatta is a team competition - I can't really see the point - but each to his own.
    If it were a "team competition" wouldn't there be a minimum team number allowable to form and race? There seem to be hundreds of solo racers out there and even on the highly vaulted Golden Leaderboard!

As to the "point" it is no different for me than for you. I compete against solo sailors, earn points, received prizes, get promoted, demoted or stand still.
    Last edited by Nana; 09-09-2016 at 04:20 PM. Reason: left out word
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    If you have received the September update, this is clarification of an important change:

The penalty for being late is automatic demotion to the next lower league. Your co op will be deemed as being late if ANY of your co op members have their regatta status set to OPT IN and no tasks have been selected before the 5 hours to the end of regatta deadline.
    In response to the statement above, I follow your logic...which is logical. But I read this initial statement as saying, that if anyone in your co-op has not "opted out" that your team will be considered as racing. So wouldn't the penalty be applied if no one actually starts a task?

The-NEW-Regatta-Rules-9-Sept-16

Last edited by Busy Bee; 09-10-2016 at 02:51 AM.

I am in total agreement. Members should be required to Opt In, Not Opt out.