Thread: Zoo Popularity Booster

Zoo Popularity Booster

I'm wondering about the boost you can use to double your "popularity points"

Let's say I've added my products to the baskets and the time has come to click on them to receive the points and experience. Can I, at this point, enable the boost that doubles the popularity points? Or do I have to enable the boost at the beginning, before I add the products to the basket? I'm trying to maximize the time frame that's in place for using the boost and would like to have the products at the finished stage before enabling it, if that's possible.

Thanks for any advice/experience anyone has had with this issue. 😃

The boost doubles what you were going to get *at the time the booster is active*. That is, if as you describe, the basket has hearts ready to receive, they will double when you activate the booster.

Conversely, if you have hearts in the baskets but don't collect them when the booster is active but wait until the booster has expired, you will just receive their normal amount, not the doubled value.

To answer a question you haven't asked yet. If you put a "hot item" into the basket but do not collect the hearts until after "midnight" so that the product is no longer "hot", you still get the doubled amount. That is, it remembers that it was a hot product at the time you placed it into the basket.

Strategic filling of baskets in anticipation of a certain regatta task as well as the timing of a booster can be quite rewarding. Enjoy.

Zoo popularity booster

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    The boost doubles what you were going to get *at the time the booster is active*. That is, if as you describe, the basket has hearts ready to receive, they will double when you activate the booster.

Conversely, if you have hearts in the baskets but don't collect them when the booster is active but wait until the booster has expired, you will just receive their normal amount, not the doubled value.

To answer a question you haven't asked yet. If you put a "hot item" into the basket but do not collect the hearts until after "midnight" so that the product is no longer "hot", you still get the doubled amount. That is, it remembers that it was a hot product at the time you placed it into the basket.

Strategic filling of baskets in anticipation of a certain regatta task as well as the timing of a booster can be quite rewarding. Enjoy.
    Does the booster double the already doubled HOT products? Or is it a waste to use the booster if only placing HOT products?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TeteLandia View Post
    Does the booster double the already doubled HOT products? Or is it a waste to use the booster if only placing HOT products?
    Thank you
    The Zoo booster double the HOT products too.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    The Zoo booster double the HOT products too.
    Yes, thank you Graylady.

It seems that each product has a "base" number of hearts it will be worth when sold. You then increase that by the percentage from any "shop upgrade" (up to 50% extra). Then you double the result if the product is hot. You also double again if the "popularity booster" is on.

So you can theoretically get 6 times the base value of a product, (((base * 1.5) * 2) * 2), not a bad deal for a few gems

I use the zoo booster every even if I don't get any zoo tasks to do since I get so many gems back in return it "pays" for itself and whatever other boosters I want to use that week.

It seems boosted items must be collected while the boost is active, not before or after even if placed in a basket during, but hot items placed in a basket always retain their hotness value. If I am wrong, please correct.

Assuming not, from what I have done:
    Remember, the booster doubles the base popularity points AFTER it is activated and the Hot items work on that base, including popularity, but only at the time after activation and when it was put in the basket. So all items after the boost placed in the basket and placed while it was hot get both bonuses but items placed before the boost or placed in the basket after it was hot do not, but items in the basket while boosted and hot even if left there until one or both run out still get Hot bonuses.

items in a store with leveled popularity bonuses always get that base bonus, no matter what is boosted or hot but do multiply up to 6 times if at max upgradability store/boost/hot. Still, you do seem to have to have a bunch of ready items, activate the booster, make sure the items are still hot, THEN place the items and collect them before the Booster ends. If one can keep making and placing the items in the basket while the boost and hot are active one can get that bonus for both bumps for days and the third bump of the store as a permanent base bump if upgraded for popularity.
    Last edited by thetruthseeker; 02-27-2018 at 05:45 AM.