Thread: Android Battery Issues

Syd Chan

Android Battery Issues

Ever since I downloaded Township onto my Android platform smartphone (HTC One), I've been having issues with my battery life on the phone, to the point that I'm considering uninstalling it since now my battery dies midday even with the phone in sleep mode the entire day. Checking the power statistics on my phone, it turns out Township uses about 16% of my phone CPU's power consumption, more than any other app on my phone including video apps and Google Play store. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Does anyone have suggestions on saving battery from being used by the Township app? Please, can this issue be fixed?

scramm
    yupp my phone takes a hit when I run township, which is all day, if it makes that much of a difference on your battery than make the app is completely off when your not playing it so that it saves battery life

Closing the game completely save the battery. I did test it on my android tablet. Don't worry, all your fields and factories will be updated once you restart the game.

Graylady
    Level 58

Amy Pinck Green
    This app uses a huge amount of battery. I think it keeps the phone from sleeping. I try to remember to close the app from the list of running processes. It also uses a lot of power to run... My nexus 5 heats up when it runs. This is the only thing I run which does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd Chan View Post
    Ever since I downloaded Township onto my Android platform smartphone (HTC One), I've been having issues with my battery life on the phone, to the point that I'm considering uninstalling it since now my battery dies midday even with the phone in sleep mode the entire day. Checking the power statistics on my phone, it turns out Township uses about 16% of my phone CPU's power consumption, more than any other app on my phone including video apps and Google Play store. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Does anyone have suggestions on saving battery from being used by the Township app? Please, can this issue be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Pinck Green View Post
    This app uses a huge amount of battery. I think it keeps the phone from sleeping. I try to remember to close the app from the list of running processes. It also uses a lot of power to run... My nexus 5 heats up when it runs. This is the only thing I run which does that.
    This doesn't sound good. Could you, perhaps, send a request to our HelpDesk via the Report an Issue tab? We'll use the information about your account to check everything so that in our future updates we can make some changes to improve this situation.

Razvan Savin
    I have same problem with battery.

Katie Repik
    My Kindle was using tons of battery juice too. Now I just leave it plugged in with the adapter all day. But as I mentioned in another post, if I leave the game active for any length of time, both the Kindle and the adapter heat up. This can't be good for my Kindle, but what's an addicted gal to do?

Peter Malm
    Hello, you can use Task manager, simply kill the games when you're done with them..

Rick McEntire
    I had the same problem with my Android phone. But my problem was not Township. It was the new version of Android that came out about the same time. Do a search online and you'll see lots of articles about Android Lollipop draining batteries too quickly. One person advised turning your device off then back on, something that phone users never do. Fortunately, that was all it took to fix my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Peeter Malm View Post
    Hello, you can use Task manager, simply kill the games when you're done with them..
    This happens to me with a lot of games on my Android. I guess games just need a lot of processing power. I try to play while I'm pluggid into the power socket.
    Last edited by Milone; 07-27-2019 at 02:08 PM.