Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will not let me watch video

Will not let me watch video

It tells me to click on link to watch quick video for free coins. Will not work.

I'm guessing that you have tasks above the link button? If so you probably have to complete those first? Only guessing because I had same issue.
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    I'm guessing that you have tasks above the link button? If so you probably have to complete those first? Only guessing because I had same issue.
    I have the same issue and never thought of that, because with the regular tasks, you are able to pick and choose which one you'd like to do...of course, now that this has something to do with 'giving' the players something (free coins for watching a video), instead of 'taking' from us (stars), I wouldn't be surprised if you must complete all your regular ones to get to this. Sneaky.

Yes, i am facing the same problem, I can't watch the video and gain stars until I have completed the 3 tasks above it, it will be Christmas time by then!

Update: I just logged onto the game went to the tasks window, to see the video link fly off the left hand side of the screen into obscurity! Is there a time limit to watch this? If so, why was I unable to watch it beforehand?
    Last edited by Ann; 09-09-2016 at 06:04 AM.

I thought the same thing on completing the task above (which I think is weird since you can pick any task to complete in any order). I finished my task and could not play the video. I simply got another task and it sits above the video option. The video button is a different color and I wonder if it is not an active button yet. Also, if you close the game and restart, you will actually see the watch video task disappear when you open the task lists. Nice!

I submitted the issue to tech support through the email link in the actual game. This was the boilerplate response I just received:

"Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I have already passed your information along to the developers. They will definitely run an investigation to find out the reasons that led to this problem and eliminate it soon so that you could continue enjoying the game.
    Please let me apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your patience is very much appreciated."

If I had to guess at what's going on, I would say, maybe they launched this 'video for coins' feature without fully testing it, and now that everyone has seen "the task"...and because the game is so miserly with handing out coins at the end of each board...they don't want to pull it back off the game to try and fix it? So, they're letting it sit there, not working, while they debug it? Meanwhile, thousands of people around the globe are tapping away on the "Watch" button, wondering what's going on. Geez, this game is killing me.

Hey guys!

Unfortunately, there might be issues with the videos for now in the game, but the good news is that we already have a patch finished! So it will all be fixed very soon Stay tuned and tap this button from time to time just in case we already solved the problem

I just read in a post "Devs how about some feedback" <something like that. Anyway it appears this is a feature that probably not fully implemented in the game. Probably a few extra updates are planned for the game as well so our sanity and hair will be intact.

Oops fast fingers Nataly beat me
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

It could be a platform issue. I've been able to watch the videos. I'm on an Android tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by RosM2004 View Post
    It could be a platform issue. I've been able to watch the videos. I'm on an Android tablet.
    I'm on an Android tablet as well and still cant watch the video, you must be very lucky!