Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Winter Holiday Tour of Towns 2, Trifecta

Today, we are in for a treat. For we will be visiting three of the Grande Dames of Township to see what someone who has been playing for four years has done with their town. And each of them has their singular style which is at once appealing and unique.

We shall begin with the one who served us with the longest run as moderator, our beloved Graylady. When one surveys Graylady’s town, you are struck with openness and great balance in the way she treats the elements. You will not find the great “Apartment Wad” in Graylady’s town. She has tastefully dispersed them throughout. And she creates many logical themes well done. The amusement area appeals and I like the placement of the Music Venue and the way she has worked some of the recent Regattaware into the park. Nothing is overstated and she does a wonderful job of integrating trees with the apartments and everything. I like the drive in movie theatre on the outskirts of the town. Just so! Graylady’s town is like beautiful parks with the town built into them. As you enter her town, one can hear the Pastoral Symphony swelling. Nice. Oh, her town is in Quebec Co-op(#QUEFPP) in which she is the leader.

Ah, let’s look in on Nana’s Far Niente Bay! Nana has one of the most stunning Far East areas you will ever find. You can picture yourself getting off the Chinese Pleasure Boat at the portal and walking to the Temple of Heaven. She has put some thought into this area, it shows, and it is marvelously laid out. Look how she did the Sea Gate flanked on each side by Goldfish. There are many such symmetrical treatments here. The Thai House flanked by Japanese pines. The whole thing is drop dead gorgeous. Nana’s town is also an open layout and she is an advocate of dispersing her apartments too. She arranges them well. The housing area down by the sea is one of the signature themes in this town, and as she has already mentioned, brings back a pleasant memory for her. It will be interesting to see what Nana does with the two recent land expansions in the amusement area. Nana’s town is intelligently crafted and has many subtleties and little hooks to recommend. Bravo! You will find this town in Sogno Mare Co-op.

On the Forum she goes by Robin Refi, but to her friends she is always Duckie. Because she is in the Flagship Tigger’s Den Co-op, the name changes frequently. Currently her town is “Duckie’s Used Tree Lot”. Let’s go there. Duckie’s town is not static and what you see today is not what will be in two months. Is not all of those illuminated Christmas trees a sight to behold?? Look at all those little guys going off. Duckie is one of the better colorists you will ever see and paints her town like the coat of many colors. The effect of a myriad of colors is always wonderful in her town. Look at that beach area would you. My my. One of my favorite areas in her town is always the upper left area where there is an explosion of trees and color. It doesn’t take long to appreciate the richness of trees in this town. Indeed this town is a kaleidoscope of trees and color. If you like Duckie’s town, you are not alone, 2,784 others do as well.

That's a wrap, have a pleasant weekend.
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 12-09-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Thanks for the guided tour, Cobalt.. these towns are an example to us all. My baby zoo hopes to be like Duckie’s when it grows up, which it probably can’t help but be, since I have stolen many ideas over the weeks. Thankya, Quackers!

Thank you for the kind review of my town, Cobalt. I must admit I really, really, really like being called a “Grande Dame.”

Indeed!
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Thank you Cobalt What a nice review of my town! My amusement park is for kids and adults I do not know yet how I will modify the whole thing with the 2 new expansion right next to it. Will see...

As there are many Quebec co-ops, here is the ID tag : #QUEFPP for those whishing to visit.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Thanks Cobalt for the fun travelogue reviews of these towns. I love visiting all of them. I hope someday when my town matures into a place as worthy as these you will review it too.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Yes Cobalt, you have mentioned some of my favs... Just had to go back and look at them. I had missed Nana's snowman snow globe (very cool, nice size too), and love looking at people's towns that have been playing a long time. Many cool decorations. Don't tell anyone, but I would pay 100 bucks TCash for that T-Rex Dinosaur Bone thingy . And would love to have me a Piggie Santa on a sleigh. But minus all their beautiful decorations, I love their designs, and I am amazed at all the "thousands" of helps they have, just like how willing they are to help here on the Forum . Also, just a plug, good luck on filling that co-op spot, I bet you that it will get filled quick.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

These are great towns, thanks for sharing! Yours is lovely too Ryan’s Hope
    I’m waiting for the game to start to see what decorations can be won. I’m fairly happy with my winter town so far
    Co-op = Land of Dragons. # NEZ8R6
    Town= Meesh

Quote Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
    These are great towns, thanks for sharing! Yours is lovely too Ryan’s Hope
    I’m waiting for the game to start to see what decorations can be won. I’m fairly happy with my winter town so far
    Yours too Meesh. Very nice, just gave you a like (got a ballon in your town, lots of coins ) Also, do like the name Land of Dragons. I like dragons, and hated to see Playrix take away their little baby dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    I hope someday when my town matures into a place as worthy as these you will review it too.

Also to Katville, your town is looking great my dear. Yours is also on the "must see list" already
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 12-12-2017 at 12:52 AM.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Lily left the valley
    I would very much like to visit these places, but I seem to be having some trouble figuring out how to travel properly.

I opened my co-op panel, and tried both the names and (where given) the tags and hit search, and nothing came up either way. I tried the tags both with the # and without. I did try a partial name search for Quebec, and that brought up two results, but neither name matched.

I have tried to figure out from the co-op forums what I might be doing wrong, but either I lack the correct vocabulary for a search or I'm simply not digging deep enough in the forum itself to find someone else that asked the same question. The helpful bits that are at the top of each sub forum do not have the info that I've been able to find either.

I am playing on a desktop computer via the Microsoft store version, and do not have a Facebook account to link to in case either bits of information will help.

Any guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lily (or whoever is left in the valley ),

I think it's the platform -- I, for a change, couldn't find the post where it describes which platform can synch with and see which ones at all, but I seem to recall Windows can only see other windows towns.

ETA: found a post with the link to Graylady's overview:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post659825

No sync-ing means no see-ing, so to speak. (BTW, you find them with using "sync" in the Advanced Search and "titles only". But easier is to bookmark the Friending Guide. *g*)

In any case, the Coop tag is used with the # correctly.
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-12-2017 at 08:39 AM.