Thread: Unanswered Friend Invites

Unanswered Friend Invites

I appreciate this subject has possibly been covered before, but hey ho! Friends requests. I've sent out friends request as one usually does and had no responses to them for several months now, around 5 or 6. I understand that there could be numerous reasons why someone has not responded but after so long a period? Perhaps the directors could include a retract option.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dominy View Post
    Perhaps the directors could include a retract option.
    Then you'll better post in the Wishlist subforum. You are talking about ingame friends request, right (not FB)?

Re the time: maybe it depends on their game level; folks in higher levels probably have their 50 full. So you stay on their Waiting list, all works fine with helping each other and such, until they have the idea of cleaning their friends list of inactive users.Then they can accept new ones, and who better than those waiting. And I would imagine the Christmas time might give one the idea of cleaning everything up.

Of course, you can simply unfriend them, if they suddenly appear in your Friends list and you're not interested any more. Why the need to "prepare" with a retract option? it would mean an additional display option on your side, not sure that's a minor thing.

Lily left the valley
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dominy View Post
    I appreciate this subject has possibly been covered before, but hey ho! Friends requests. I've sent out friends request as one usually does and had no responses to them for several months now, around 5 or 6. I understand that there could be numerous reasons why someone has not responded but after so long a period? Perhaps the directors could include a retract option.
    Some folks may have dropped the game, and their account is still just hanging around, waiting for the day they might return. If they haven't replied in months, did you happen to notice if their level changed in all that time? Did you visit their Township? An easier way to remember is if they have a community building (due to size) that's all ready to be opened, and it's just sitting there for a long while with each check, never getting its grand opening. If they have multiple CBs sitting like that, it could be the dreaded tool supply bug making them wait for a last window or what have you, but months (or even weeks) and still sitting? They're gone.

If it's been stagnant with months of no reply, that's when I'd cancel the requests (I admit, I wouldn't wait as long as you have! ). There should be an "x" at the top of each request box in your envelope icon (message?) tab in Friends to cancel requests you have sent.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    {snip}Re the time: maybe it depends on their game level; folks in higher levels probably have their 50 full. So you stay on their Waiting list, all works fine with helping each other and such, until they have the idea of cleaning their friends list of inactive users.Then they can accept new ones, and who better than those waiting.
    I've had a few instances where I was notified by the game that someone I was wanting to send a request to had a full list. It allowed me to either cancel at that time, or continue. I didn't think there was much point to continuing, but now that I've seen your post, it was because of the wait list which I hadn't even thought they would have coded into the game. Thank you for that.

Hi Roger

You can always retract your request. Just click on the X top left of their avatar in the waiting list.

ooh, right, we CAN cancel already! I hadn't thought of this, cos somehow I was thinking rather of the problem from some time ago with friends turning up from nowhere, after having indeed given up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily left the valley View Post
    I've had a few instances where I was notified by the game that someone I was wanting to send a request to had a full list. It allowed me to either cancel at that time, or continue. I didn't think there was much point to continuing, but now that I've seen your post, it was because of the wait list which I hadn't even thought they would have coded into the game. Thank you for that.
    glad if it helped, Lily yes, sometimes they are really clever. Something I haven't seen mentioned here f.e. is that you can jump/scroll through all current upgrade possibilities in the Academy (I think) when it shows that funny yellow/blue Upgrade-arrow-sign by simply going in and out several times, until the arrow-thingy is gone. The same in the other building...hm, where the collections are. Just switch between the two tabs where it shows your new things by a red exclamation mark, and it will always jump to the next new thing, w/o you having to scroll endlessly. Really clever.
    but oops, I digress, back to friends. yes, with waiting this way, I was accepted as friend after some time by some long time players, made me happy so, there's hope - if you can ask at all. Sometimes the little plus is not there at all, and I haven't found out for sure, why not.

Thank you Greylady. Very simple when someone knows what to do.