Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Task Dumping (Merged Thread)

Ask your leader to set the rules. Members cannot delete but elders upwards can. In our coop we know tasks under 130 can be deleted. If no one knows the rules, players cannot adhere to them

ps dumping is part of the game, and cant see it changing. Apart from having to wait, it doesnt matter unless you want to get on global leaderboard which only affects gold leaque and nigh on impossible for mere players to acheive

okay ? if I'm not in golden league does my co-op get lesser point tasks? Or just dump lower tasks to get higher ones.... I don't want to get in the habit of dumping if my co-op goes golden. thank you & good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chap townstick View Post
    okay ? if I'm not in golden league does my co-op get lesser point tasks? Or just dump lower tasks to get higher ones.... I don't want to get in the habit of dumping if my co-op goes golden. thank you & good day.
    Hi Chap

You have to dump tasks if you want to win regatas. Even in gold league we dump a lot to get tasks with high points.

Quote Originally Posted by Chap townstick View Post
    I’d suggest getting in the habit of dumping correctly is exactly what you DO want to do. It’s essential, as even in Gold League you’ll still be offered low-point tasks. To keep your dump points as low as possible, encourage your players to only dump below a certain point threshold and to be prepared to take any task which arrives which is above that threshold, as opposed to being too choosy about what they’ll take because they are inadequately prepared and upgraded.

Task Dumping

How does task dumping effect you in the golden league?

You get a very small percentage of points taken off.

It doesn't matter at all unless you're going for the global leaderboard.

The total number of dumps is divided by the number of racers and that sum is subtracted from your race score before the position bonus is added. So if 10 racers produce a score of 21600 but require 400 dumps to do it then the score used for the leaderboard will be 21560 (21600 minus 40) before the addition of the position bonus.

The dump penalty only applies in Golden League, and only matters if you care about the team’s leaderboard standings.

Township: Garvie
    Coop: Givers Only Coop
    Mood: cares excessively about leaderboard standings

It has no effect on your regatta score. So if you don't have 30 racers doing 16/135 tasks(which is what it takes to get near the global leader board), DUMP AWAY.

Thanks for that info. There are only 2 in our group and we only do 135 pt tasks. Even with just 2, it takes a lot of dumping to get tasks. We rarely dump a 135pt. Even if we get a lot of repetition.