Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Task Dumping (Merged Thread)

Task Dumping (Merged Thread)

Regarding the Golden League Leaderboard, is the penalty for dumped tasks charged for dumping tasks that an individual has accepted but cannot complete or is it for dumping tasks from the list of available tasks?

Also, what is the penalty and how does it affect the overall co-op score?

We will find out soon. The regatta as now finished. It 0900 UK time.

Screenshot_2016-07-25-11-35-29.jpgScreenshot_2016-07-25-11-35-29.jpg
    Guess we will all have to wait till we get there to find out. You would think Playrix would really want to promote this new edition. I see so many questions and no answers. I play a similar game with a similar event so far it's pretty much identical. If it remains so here's what might happen the dumping of the tasks doesn't count till you get to the golden league. Then they do not effect the regatta scores that you are participating in but there is a total global score and this is where points are subtracted. For an example if it was the airplane the points would be subtracted from your global airplane wings. Again this is if it stays identical to the other game. Hope this helps. Maybe we will get some official answers

Individuals picking a task and then cancelling (aka "Dumping") it affects the team in that they get 0 score for one of their tasks. It took up a valuable task-slot and that will prevent the team from scoring higher. OK, that was stating the obvious but I just wanted to point out that if the total score per participant is used in the ranking, then individuals dumping a task already penalizes the team.

I have heard (read) some reports of team leaders rejecting (aka "Dumping") tasks from the task list to remove lower point value tasks so that their members have only high value (135) tasks to perform. In this way, they are increasing the maximum the team can score. While that behavior is certainly within the rules set up, I can see if you want to be listed among the best teams in the world there should be some penalty for "gaming the system". It should affect your team ranking. I'm assuming this is what the rules mean when it says "dumping" will adversely affect the ranking on the Golden Leadership Board

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I'm assuming this is what the rules mean when it says "dumping" will adversely affect the ranking on the Golden Leadership Board
    I would hope not -- I don't recall exactly where, but I recall reading that the leader can dump a task (that is not taken by anyone) w/o penalties. That shouldn't be altered then suddenly later.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I would hope not -- I don't recall exactly where, but I recall reading that the leader can dump a task (that is not taken by anyone) w/o penalties. That shouldn't be altered then suddenly later.
    The rule under 'regatta leaderboard' says:- the number of tasks you dump lowers your leaderboard position.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    The rule under 'regatta leaderboard' says:- the number of tasks you dump lowers your leaderboard position.
    I see. Bummer. I had to search heavily for this rule now; thanks for the hint, Lyndie, before doing worse things to my coop here -- obviously I hadn't found / read really all "14 articles".

What I HAD seen was no warning whatsoever re. a task being dumped by leaders, co-leaders, and elders in the articles below. In the case of a task being dumped by any of them, only the hint about the waiting time has been given.
    I thought it was a real differentiation re. the consequences.

Having not seen that sentence in the rules, I did ask our coop leader to dump one task -- we've just heard the example of the eager leader before, but there are situations, where it simply makes sense, IMO. In this case, I asked for a task being dumped that was for a much higher lvl than I am to get a new one in the remaining time, in order to get a 7th task I could complete (with the time I have available at all for playing).

And then that 'possibility' is none, IMO. No-one in their right mind (IOW, wanting to win, and guess, why anyone is participating in such an event ;Þ ) will use it.

http://support.playrix.com/hc/en-us/...6978-Township-

Can I decline tasks?

Tasks can be dumped in two situations:

* When they have already been picked by a co-op member.

Each player has a quota of tasks to pick that is determined by the league. If a member dumps a task that has already been picked, the co-op loses an opportunity to receive points for it. In that case the task is counted as used.

* When they have not yet been picked by a co-op member.

In this case tasks can only be dumped by co-op leaders, co-leaders, and elders. A new task appears in 30 minutes and the amount of available tasks for each participant remains unchanged.

What do I need to know about regatta tasks?

...Co-op Leaders, Co-leaders, and Elders can dump any task that members don't want to complete, though it takes 30 minutes for new tasks to appear. ...

Well, we haven't seen anything "official" from Playrix on this, only the vague notion that your "Golden Leader Board" position will be adversely affected by "dumping" tasks without clarifying which of the two methods (player, leader) is the one that affect it. Nor do we know what impact that has, how big a factor it is in deciding your position on the board. It may be a minor factor or a major bad mark.

All we are left with is a bunch of folks, me included, trying to read between the lines, making some guesses (educated or not) and trying to parse words in what information is available. And then making strategic decisions on gameplay planning on being in the Golden Leader Board a month from now (there will be no players in the Golden League for several weeks, they need to be promoted through all the other leagues first).

Our co-op has members with at close enough levels and I only ran into 1 task that was grayed out for me because it called for products I cannot produce yet. If all I had were tasks like that, I rather take the hit on my Golden Leader Board points than give up doing a task to get my team more regatta points. I'd ask the leader to dump it.

And remember that the golden league will change each week as the lowest players drop back and top players from the previous league move up. Plenty of time to understand how this works, given it runs every week

dumping a task you've already taken will have much greater effect on your co-op score in leaderboard then the amount of points substracted as a penalty for deleting a single task - that's pretty obvious