Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dec 2017 (iOS/Android/Kindle) Update: Intro Chime Playing While Sound Is Off

Dec 2017 (iOS/Android/Kindle) Update: Intro Chime Playing While Sound Is Off

My game is muted for a reason but the music still plays on the load screen despite my settings. No bueno

Hi Troy,

What device are you playing on?

This was the only Playrix Help guide article I could find remotely related to your question was this: The sound effects are gone! How do I get them back?

I'll have to work from personal experience and what I know about the game to try to help!

First, be sure you have both the MUSIC and the SOUND both turned off:

In the game itself, click the cog/gear at the top left then click the Music symbol and the Sound symbol; once they are off a red circle with a slash through it will appear over them. Exit the window to save the setting.

If you want those on for occasional use, your device may allow you to silence your apps in work-around ways. For example, I use an iPad and there are two ways to "quiet" my device:
    1. Turn the device volume down low... or all the way. (Lowers volume for all apps, i.e. even if prompted, my music app won't be heard).
    2. Turn the device on "silent mode." (A slash covers a red bell - quiets all non-voluntary noise, i.e. my music app will stay play music at set volume if prompted)

Hopefully one of these will help you track down where the sound might be coming from and how you can stop it.
    Town: Firenze, iOS (KN74NX), Level 90
    Co-op Leader: Aphrodite's Piers (#PHY68K)

Worst thing about the update is the really loud chime sound that now plays as the game loads. I have the phone on mute but the chime still plays.

Anyone else noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by gator717 View Post
    Worst thing about the update is the really loud chime sound that now plays as the game loads. I have the phone on mute but the chime still plays.

Anyone else noticed this?
    Someone else did. See this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
    Someone else did. See this thread.
    Thanks Firenze!

Everything in my game is muted as it has been the past 2 years. This is the first time the game has a sound and it is only when it is loading. It's weird that the sound plays even though both my phone and the game are in mute.

Thanks Firenze!

Everything in my game is muted as it has been the past 2 years. This is the first time the game has a sound and it is only when it is loading. It's weird that the sound plays even though both my phone and the game are in mute.
    Hmm, super odd. All I can do is recommend that you contact Township Support. Sorry I can't think of anything else... good luck! :/

Yep. Exactly the same here, on both devices, Kindle and Android. Annoying and mystifying
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

I have this issue too, and it's very frustrating! Especially when I don't realise it's going to chime and open my game in the middle of the night with my fiancé sleeping next to me. I'm on Android.
    Last edited by Bananna; 12-13-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    Town Name: Banannaville
    Friend Code: TCEFFM
    Town Level: 71
    Zoo Level: 12
    Co-op: Cow Tippers Anon
    Co-op Code: #CWGNMR
    Co-op role: Leader
    Our Co-op is looking for moderately competitive, daily active members lvl 50 and up! Come check us out!

Music is turned off but..

I have my settings so that no music or sound is on my game. I do not like to announce to everyone around me that I have opened a game on my phone. However the latest update has an annoying jingle when the game is first opened and there is no way to turn this off. Please fix this!!!!

I have children with auditory disabilities and they play this game with me as so far it is the only game I can completely control sounds on.

With the introduction of the chime music when you open the app it sends 3 children into meltdown and high risk dangerous behaviours.

I have had to remove their devices until this is fixed. There is no option for my family.

Please remove it urgently as it has been one of the calming techniques I can use with them until now.