Thread: Positioning Buildings, Roads & Road Types

Positioning Buildings, Roads & Road Types

I apologize if this has been asked before but I have not been able to find an answer using any search parameters so far. Does the positioning of buildings either in the town or to each other matter in terms of game mechanics? Do buildings' relationship/connection to roads make any difference in terms of game mechanics? Does the material used to build the road make any difference in terms of game mechamics? Is there someplace that tells me this. How do decorations, etc. affect game stats or progress aside from the obvious, if any, for example, do decorations affect citizens' happiness and does that matter? Thank you, I am largely trying to discern the difference between township and other building games I have played. Loving it.

Not that I am aware of, mbridgham. Good questions, but no happiness counter or the like. If you ask about differences to other building games, there are a few: one is, don't build everything as soon as you can, esp. not several Community buildings. Only one at a time.
    And don't keep more building materials than what you need for that next one.
    The other hint is, that the championship lies in the management of stuff in your barn (and on the fields and in the factories). It is NOT about building and growing and making lots of different stuff from many different ingredients. But managing the bits you have to your advantage.
    A wonderful side effect is the helping others idea. Not just plant and grow and harvest your own stuff, to reach that bigger barn.

A lot of helpful hints for that are in the stickied threads in the New to Township?-subforum (where we are now). I've learned a lot from them; hope you are into reading a bit.

ETA: and another advice is to read the stickied threads in the Wishlist forum, too. Two of them give you an impression what will not happen anyway, and what would be good to concentrate on.
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-25-2017 at 05:04 PM.

No, you don't get "extra credit" for putting the flower shop next to the hospital or the donut shop next to the police station. You just get the satisfaction of a well thought out town.

You may see thought bubbles from townies asking for more roads or decorations, but there's no real reward for this except what you see in your town hall achievements.

It's a good idea to look at the future buildings so you can do a bit of planning, but this is more for the fun of it than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post

You may see thought bubbles from townies asking for more roads or decorations, but there's no real reward for this except what you see in your town hall achievements.
    don't we get a few XP for clicking on these thought bubbles? 3 or so?

Yes, but that's it. No surprise bonus for doing what they want.

Thanks for the thoughtful response

Thank you very much for the thoughtful response.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Not that I am aware of, mbridgham. Good questions, but no happiness counter or the like. If you ask about differences to other building games, there are a few: one is, don't build everything as soon as you can, esp. not several Community buildings. Only one at a time.
    And don't keep more building materials than what you need for that next one.
    The other hint is, that the championship lies in the management of stuff in your barn (and on the fields and in the factories). It is NOT about building and growing and making lots of different stuff from many different ingredients. But managing the bits you have to your advantage.
    A wonderful side effect is the helping others idea. Not just plant and grow and harvest your own stuff, to reach that bigger barn.

A lot of helpful hints for that are in the stickied threads in the New to Township?-subforum (where we are now). I've learned a lot from them; hope you are into reading a bit.

ETA: and another advice is to read the stickied threads in the Wishlist forum, too. Two of them give you an impression what will not happen anyway, and what would be good to concentrate on.