Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plz fix level 27 to make it winnable

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Plz fix level 27 to make it winnable

I'm stuck on level 27, but more than stuck. I am very convinced that it is unbeatable. Therefore I would like to propose some tweaks to it. First, here are the issues with this level:

Boosts Don’t Help
    First of all, because the whole board is covered with wood except a few scattered squares with apples and a rainbow blast in the middle, buying boosts for this puzzle are a waste. For example, when you just use the provided rainbow blast to pop all the apples, the puzzle opens up quite a bit (as that action removes much of the wood). HOWEVER, if you struggle to win this level and make the mistake of using a boost at the start of the game, the center of the board then contains TWO rainbow blasts and neither one can reach a playing piece (apple, leaf, etc.). They can only swap with each other, which just makes a big blast, but the net result is that LESS of the boards are removed so selecting that boost is actually a DISADVANTAGE and a waste. Which I discovered the hard way.

Selecting other boosts does not produce any better results. If there is a rainbow blast and a bomb in the middle, the rainbow blast can’t pop the apples, so again: the net result is worse than without the boost.

Too Many Acorns
    Level 27 might be winnable if there were no acorns. But there are a LOT of acorns. At least 60%+ of the playing board is covered in acorns at all times. And they just keep coming. No matter how many you pop, more fall into the board from above. Seems like the more I pop the greater number I get from above. Which means: 1) It is incredibly hard to get a match-three of a non-acorn piece (like a berry, apple, leaf, pear, etc) and 2) It is very, VERY RARE to get a more-than-three match such as four-in-a-row for a firecracker or five-together for a bomb. I find that I get bomb in less than one attempt out of 10 on level 27. It is probably closer to 15 attempts before I can make a single bomb. (I get 5+ acorns together all the time, though... If only I could make TNT out of acorns! LOL)

One time, I made enough firecrackers and one bomb so I finally got a rainbow blast. I was so excited!!! Maybe this was it: maybe this was the time I was finally going to beat this level!!! But then I saw: the rainbow blast landed in a square that was completely surrounded on all sides by acorns!!! So I was not able to use it. I used up all the rest of my moves trying to pop the acorns around the rainbow blast so I could use it on a leaf, flower, or apple… to no avail. It was totally wasted and worthless. Ugh. The board always has so many acorns that the odds of a rainbow blast being usable is very low.

Too Many Layers
    Even if I get a bomb, it doesn’t do much good because the playing board has so many layers. There is not just one layer of wood to clear -- many pieces are double wood so it takes two blasts to clear it. And even after you clear wood, then there are bushes underneath. And not just one layer – TWO layers of bushes to clear!!!! Which means that I can detonate a bomb and not really see any visible difference on the playing board. I can even detonate two bombs in the same section and still not make much of a dent in clearing that section, still not be able to tell if there is a gnome underneath all the many layers.

Too Hard to Uncover Gnomes
    The net result is that it’s IMPOSSIBLE to uncover all of the gnomes with the 43 moves provided. Even if you get really, really lucky and make several firecrackers and even more than one bomb (only happened to me once in 50+ attempts), there are just too many layers of wood and bushes. And the acorns are a huge problem. Usually it’s a good strategy to work from the bottom up so that as pieces fall down the playing board (when other pieces are exploded below), they have a chance to form firecrackers and bombs and TNT etc. BUT because there are always 60%+ acorns on the board, falling pieces almost NEVER form firecrackers or bombs etc. It might sound like 43 is a lot of moves, but the reality is that when it takes 4 hits to clear a single square (2 wood plus 2 bushes), and there are five gnomes and some are covered by more than a dozen squares, that 43 moves is not nearly enough. Most of the times I uncover ZERO gnomes with my 43 moves.

My Attempts
    I have now made upwards of 60-70+ attempts to win level 27. I have only ONCE cleared 4 of the 5 gnomes. And I’ve only gotten 3 of 5 gnomes a few times. Usually I clear zero gnomes. Occasionally I will clear one. I will keep going to 100+ attempts but it’s pretty clear to me now that this level cannot be beaten by either skill or luck.

How to Win Level 27 (Spoiler: $$$$$$)
    The extra boosts that you can start the game with are counterproductive (as I explained above). The only way to get all the gnomes is to keep buying more moves after the 43 moves runs out. I used coins at first to buy more moves. But then I ran out of coins and I am unable to make more, since I am stuck on this level. So the game has ground to a halt, hit a dead end, painted me into a corner -- and literally the ONLY way out is to get out my wallet and buy more and more coins to extend my moves more and more to eventually uncover all of the gnomes. But if I can only get 0-1 gnomes with 43 moves, how many more moves will it take to get all five? I’m guessing I would need to buy about $20 worth of coins to get past this level. Having to pay around $20 for a “free” right away, a game that I have barely played and still trying to decide if I like… is TOO MUCH. I haven’t seen enough of the game to know if it’s worth $20 of my hard-earned money.

And if I EVER GET PAST LEVEL 27 SOMEDAY, I sure as heck hope that level 28 is not even harder.

SUGGESTIONS
    To make this level still-difficult but ultimately beatable, I suggest getting rid of the acorns. Swap the acorns criteria with something else like apples or flowers or pears.

Either that, or reduce the layers from four down to one.

Another idea is to increase the open squares in the center from two (one apple and one rainbow blast) to four (three apples and one rainbow blast). That way I can actually use a bomb or 2nd rainbow blast etc. if I choose to start the game with one of those.

I hope you will consider tweaking level 27 because it really seems to me to be just broken. It's getting me discouraged with this game before I've hardly had a chance to play it. And the game looks really promising and I love Fishdom so I have high hopes that this will be an enjoyable game. I like the graphics and new twists on the match-three format and the addition of the story element.

Thanks for listening to my feedback

I'm so sorry to read that you are stuck. I can understand your frustration. It is a new game as you know, so not many players would have reached your level yet. But I am sure that someone will read your wonderfully written post and respond to you with some assistance very soon. Hang on in there

I'm struggling to do level 25 without using boosts, but am now in no hurry to get past it

Wow, Betty, that's some very useful feedback from a very committed player!

I've forwarded your concerns and suggestions with the development team and they will see what can be done to this level to ease up our players; struggles thank you so much for taking your time and sharing not just your critical opinion but also a few very helpful recommendations on how to improve the situation. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Nataly Kuzmina View Post
    Wow, Betty, that's some very useful feedback from a very committed player!

I've forwarded your concerns and suggestions with the development team and they will see what can be done to this level to ease up our players; struggles thank you so much for taking your time and sharing not just your critical opinion but also a few very helpful recommendations on how to improve the situation. Much appreciated!
    Thank you for passing my feedback along

Oh golly, Betty - thanks for the warning. I am only at Level 17 so I will not get in a hurry to reach your level. It will take awhile to fix it, too, I imagine. Yikes.

Yes Betty is absolutely right about level 27. So I bought some coins and spent them to get past that level. I quickly found myself stuck again a few levels up and of course out of coins.

I'm very disappointed in this game. I used to play a version of it years ago and really enjoyed it.

I don't mind spending money on a game if it's my decision to do so not because I'm forced to just to play the game.

I'm a high level player of Township and enjoy the fact that it doesn't force one to spend money just to play. I've been playing it a couple of years and have never felt the need to comment on the forum until today.

My disappointment in Gardenscapes has broke my silence.
    Last edited by Davina; 08-26-2016 at 03:25 PM.

I reached level 27 last night and it is impossoble. Betty's suggestions are right on the mark. A level should be winnable without spending money. The most gnomes I was able to uncover were 2 out of 5. There are too many acorns, which block the ability to create large combos. Not being able to pass the level means not being able to earn coins within the game or progress through events needing stars. I was enjoying the game until this level. Now, I am just disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsibird View Post
    I reached level 27 last night and it is impossoble. Betty's suggestions are right on the mark. A level should be winnable without spending money. The most gnomes I was able to uncover were 2 out of 5. There are too many acorns, which block the ability to create large combos. Not being able to pass the level means not being able to earn coins within the game or progress through events needing stars. I was enjoying the game until this level. Now, I am just disappointed.
    They are beatable without spending money. Lots of people are doing it.

Don't give up just yet. Nataly from Playrix has seen and commented on Betty's post and has said that she will pass this feedback onto the game developers. It is a brand new game, so they will hopefully be able to work out a workable solution. I understand what you mean about having to spend real cash, as this is the reason why I love playing Township too