Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Delete My Account?

How Do I Delete My Account?

How do I delete my forum account?

I am tired of having posts edited without notification and my recent comments defending Playrix against angry players were flat out removed without any notification. This censorship isn't cool and I violated no fair play community rules.

I will discuss Township on other forums instead. Please advise how to purge my account from this forum. Thank you.

If any of your posts were edited or deleted, they were due to a violation of the forum rules which admin/mods are expected to follow. Hard as we try we cannot always inform members individually because we're dealing with hundreds of posts at a time.

There is no direct way to delete your account. You can try PM-ing Natasha, but I know she's a bit overloaded at the moment.

You can remove all of your information from it and sign out and that will have the same effect. If you'd like me to purge all of your older posts, I'm happy to do that for you.
    Last edited by Amoria; 11-26-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    How do I delete my forum account?
    Only admins can do that, the moderators can't. I don't know which of the forum admins are still/most active here, they stop by very rarely. Here is the list of admins, you can send a PM to all of them, and hopefully one will respond soon and help you with closing your account.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 10-19-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Amorim, I've spoken to you specifically about the lack of communication with the mods when you changed a event topic I made without notifiying me.

Neither that submission nor my comments have been against those policies.

Please do purge me and then tell me how to delete my account to purge all information as I will not be here when my unoffensive comments get removed without a courtesy notification as to why, yet blatantly racist ones like this remain. https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post903544

Thanks dreadnought. I thought employees maybe had the mods in check. Guess not.

Amorim, I've spoken to you specifically about the lack of communication with the mods when you changed a event topic I made without notifiying me.

Neither that submission nor my comments have been against those policies.

Please do purge me and then tell me how to delete my account to purge all information as I will not be here when my unoffensive comments get removed without a courtesy notification as to why, yet blatantly racist ones like this remain. https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post903544
    I've explained above the options you have for removing your account.

We change titles at times to make things easier for other members to follow (especially when it comes to events where can be hundreds of threads about the same topic). We've received positive feedback that it's been very helpful. It's intended as clarification, not censorship.

We do our best to scan every post for potential rule violations, but we're human and can sometimes miss things. I've glanced at the comment you've linked but do not see how it violates forum rules -- it reads as a discussion of historical events.

May I also remind you of the first two forum rules:

1. Be respectful towards forum Admins and Moderators. They are doing their best to make your game and forum experience most pleasant. Any rudeness, insulting or abusive posts towards our Admins and/or Moderators in any form will not be tolerated.
    2. No discussions of Admins’ and Moderators’ actions are allowed. Discussing publicly any disciplinary actions taken by Admins or Moderators can result in a ban. These disciplinary actions include banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads / toxic forumers’ accounts, etc.
    Last edited by Amoria; 11-26-2017 at 11:09 PM.

I'm not discussion moderator actions because nobody told me that a moderator did an action. For all I know, my posts just disappeared to a technical glitch. If a moderator deleted it, then the expected and polite thing to do in forums is TO EXPLAIN WHY.

It appears I need to be rude I order to close my account? That seems like a pretty extreme direction for a mod to advise me on and I would offer to keep things civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    I've explained above the options you have for removing your account.

We change titles at times to make things easier for other members to follow (especially when it comes to events where can be hundreds of threads about the same topic). We've received positive feedback that it's been very helpful. It's intended as clarification, not censorship.

We do our best to scan every post for potential rule violations, but we're human and can sometimes miss things. I've glanced at the comment you've linked but do not see how it violates forum rules -- it reads as a discussion of historical events.

May I also remind you of the first two forum rules:

It says even today and is racists against white people for merely existing.

I'm not discussion moderator actions because nobody told me that a moderator did an action. For all I know, my posts just disappeared to a technical glitch. If a moderator deleted it, then the expected and polite thing to do in forums is TO EXPLAIN WHY.
    As I said above, we unfortunately don't have the time to do that in every case. I wish we did, but the forums have over 4000 active members and we spend hours each day just clearing out legitimate spam threads.

I can't remember editing/deleting anything myself recently, but I'm open to talking with you over PM to parse out the reasoning. That said, if you still intend to delete your account, then I think it's best to leave the discussion here.
    Last edited by Amoria; 11-26-2017 at 11:37 PM.