Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: 2nd Aerial Challenge Event: General Questions & Opinions

  1. #1
    Gold Member Amoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    871

    2nd Aerial Challenge Event: General Questions & Opinions

    ---

    Just thought to get this thread up in advance of the event start.



    Feel free to share speculative thoughts here in the time in-between.

  2. #2
    Gold Member Graylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Quebec, Ca
    Posts
    9,938
    I really hope they improve the game mechanics. Last time, upgrading the plane did not improve results at all. It end up just being a question of luck.

  3. #3
    Gold Member Sweetness123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    USA/South Carolina
    Posts
    1,254
    Well, I know if it's kind of like what we had last time, that I want be "shooting" mine straight up in the air for two days like I did last time (lol). Guess we will know tomorrow, I am looking forward to it. Once I figured out which way to go, I really enjoyed that Event.

  4. #4
    I agree 100% with Graylady. I did fine until I won all the levels/prizes - but it was a bust after that. I even had a young man in our office give it go. He got my top score, but it was lousy after that for him too. You either are lucky in the placement of items or not. Skill has nothing to do with it.

  5. #5
    Gold Member scorekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    On a Ridge, Southern Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I agree 100% with Graylady. I did fine until I won all the levels/prizes - but it was a bust after that. I even had a young man in our office give it go. He got my top score, but it was lousy after that for him too. You either are lucky in the placement of items or not. Skill has nothing to do with it.
    I totally agree, Nana! No skill at all, just hope it is your turn to go long, lol. But is was fun, just hope not a total repeat of prizes (unless boosters or gems ). Good luck, everyone!!

  6. #6
    Member Katville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Gillette, Wyoming
    Posts
    442
    I started playing Township just when the last aerial event started so I was kind of confused with everything else I was learning so hopefully this time I will do better. So you are saying it is not really a matter of skill to keep the plane in the air and gather all the stuff it is just luck? I was hoping I would be a better pilot this time.

  7. #7
    Gold Member Sweetness123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    USA/South Carolina
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    I started playing Township just when the last aerial event started so I was kind of confused with everything else I was learning so hopefully this time I will do better. So you are saying it is not really a matter of skill to keep the plane in the air and gather all the stuff it is just luck? I was hoping I would be a better pilot this time.
    Katville, all I can say, is if it's like our last one, don't aim the plane straight up. I finally figured out aiming it about middle ways, and tapping the plane up as it was flying, helped get some of the stuff. Since I don't have much "skill" -- it was probably just a fluke I made it as far as I did, at least I did finish the Event. I did though enjoy it, and hope they offer that Bee with Flower Statue again.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    I really hope they improve the game mechanics. Last time, upgrading the plane did not improve results at all. It end up just being a question of luck.
    Graylady, I couldn't agree more! Last time no matter how hard I tried and what upgrades I did to my plane, I couldn't fly long enough.
    I guess I am just not good at flying I am much better at fishing, baking and ghost hunting, LOL
    Not looking forward to the 2nd aerial challenge event
    But I will give it a try, I think, the prizes might be good.
    Good luck, everyone!
    Last edited by Hellensville; 11-26-2017 at 08:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Member Katville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Gillette, Wyoming
    Posts
    442
    Ok thanks for the tip Sweetness. I was doing the same thing shooting the plane straight up I guess because I thought if I got it higher right away it would stay high. Then also I wasn't tapping I was trying to guide the plane by dragging my finger where I wanted it to go which did nothing. So good to know that. Maybe this time I will have fewer dive bomb crash landings. I sure don't want to lose my pilots license.

  10. #10
    Gold Member Sweetness123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    USA/South Carolina
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    Ok thanks for the tip Sweetness. I was doing the same thing shooting the plane straight up I guess because I thought if I got it higher right away it would stay high. Then also I wasn't tapping I was trying to guide the plane by dragging my finger where I wanted it to go which did nothing. So good to know that. Maybe this time I will have fewer dive bomb crash landings. I sure don't want to lose my pilots license.
    LOL Katville, I was doing the same thing. I would check the Event board, as everyone seemed to be going forward in their score, but I was going no where. Flying my plane straight into the air and nose diving into the ground. It was only that I "accidentally" let go of the plane in mid-range, and was like, "oh, ok, here we go," that I started moving forward. Then just tried "tapping" the plane when I saw something coming (if I needed to go up a little to get it), and it seemed to work. Now this one may be different tomorrow, so time will tell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •