Thread: Calling dibs on regatta tasks

Calling dibs on regatta tasks

I've seen similar posts requesting this but none that I could find that are to my specs so I decided to rather start my own post.

It would be nice to be able to plan ahead and call dibs on (reserve) a regatta task and mark it as such, but this should not stop others from still choosing that task. This way members can see what other members plan and they can either respect it or they can discuss it in the Co-op chat function and find a middle ground

Requirement
    - A member should only be able to call dibs on 1 task at a time
    - Member should be able to unmark the dibs of their own task, and perhaps it can even auto unmark after 24 hours

I do not feel that the method proposed will result in unfair advantage over other co-ops in the regatta, it will simply help to streamline strategies in the group

Great idea! We call dibs in co-op chat, but some members don't check before choosing or don't read back far enough to see dibs was called. Marking it would be great! However restrictions should apply. We had a member call dibs on a very popular task when she still had 7 trains to wait for & send out on her current task. That's unreasonable. Apparently common sense can't be relied upon.

Agree with karendv and Yayadeana

Quote Originally Posted by karendv View Post
    I've seen similar posts requesting this but none that I could find that are to my specs so I decided to rather start my own post.

It would be nice to be able to plan ahead and call dibs on (reserve) a regatta task and mark it as such, but this should not stop others from still choosing that task. This way members can see what other members plan and they can either respect it or they can discuss it in the Co-op chat function and find a middle ground

Requirement
    - A member should only be able to call dibs on 1 task at a time
    - Member should be able to unmark the dibs of their own task, and perhaps it can even auto unmark after 24 hours

I do not feel that the method proposed will result in unfair advantage over other co-ops in the regatta, it will simply help to streamline strategies in the group
    Our active co-op had issues at the beginning and now that we are in Gold (week 4) we still have issues regarding this, even though we have established some regulations. If People WOULD read the Chat - then there wouldn't be problems.

What we do is: In Chat if someone wants something - they put it like this: "RESERVE HOT ZOO ITEM for 1 hour." Then hopefully the rest of the players respect that. If the person doesn't respond to an answer in the time outlined - then it's understood that they LOST it. You can't expect someone to reserve something after the time stated. It seems to work, and then it's usually polite to say that you GOT the requested item. So others aren't waiting.
    Joy Fowler

I like this idea. I'm only in a two person co-op by choice at the moment. But we let each other know what we are planning either through chat or other means which are possible as she is my son's fiancée lol. It would take a lot of good communication in the bigger co-ops, but it certainly is preferable to growing 136 tomatoes and someone else getting to do the task before you.

I read a tip from someone on the forum (think it might have been gray lady) to change your town name to your requested task. It is a lot easier to scroll through the coop member list than keeping track of it on chat. It's worked out for us

Hi Birchstix

It was me :-) Glad my tip help you. It work very well for us too.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Great idea, especially for the larger co-ops

Our co-op uses dibs extensively. I have a spreadsheet with a list of the currently available tasks, next to which I place the member's name if dibs were called.

Periodically, I send a chat message, reminding everyone who has called dibs on what. As a bonus, I know which tasks to dump without bothering everyone. (Not to mention automatically dumping the dogs!)
    Mitchell Allen

Need a Reserve Basket

A Reserve Basket would be something that the developers may want to look at, to add to our trying to Reserve tasks.

IDEA: A player could reserve a task that appears on the Task Pane, with a RESERVE/unreserve BUTTON. The task would jump from the Task Pane into the Reserve Basket area (the big circle where the people who tell what the task is). This would leave the board open for another task to appear in the 30 minute time frame. This reservation would have a predetermined TIME LIMIT, set by the leader in the settings, at the Regattas start. If the task was still unused at the end of the time limit, it would automatically pop back on the Task Pane when there was an opening. If the player still wanted the task he must then Reserve it again, same criteria. Player could only Reserve one task every few hours, as set by developers. The Reserve Task Basket would be open for viewing, with the count down time showing as you tapped them.

Only a predetermined number of tasks could be reserved by the entire co-op at one time. Eg. 1/2 of the number of participants. So for 30 players there would be 12 available on the main Task Pane and up to 15 in the Reserve Basket. As the Basket emptied, someone else could do a Reserve.

I say this, as we have a very good system in place, but the members who are waiting for a task, have to use caution, about taking tasks, and it causes frustration as they wait for a "good" task to pop up every 1/2 hour, into the empty slots.
    Joy Fowler