Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips and tricks discussions

Avidphotog7
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
    Yeah, I tried to collect on that achievement and made it to 22 orders once.

Orangecrush
    Level 49
    Even though I was only on level thirty-something I got bored with the game for a while, and so collecting that achievement became my new motivation. It only took til the second attempt before I achieved it, and funny enough I blew right past it: 42 orders in 30 minutes. What I did became my new norm and at this point I average about 30 filled orders at a time... But I haven't beat that initial 42 yet. Here's what I do:

First, I handpick the orders I'll fill. None of those crazy orders asking for 14 carrots or 21 cottons, or even 4 of 3 different things. I like the ones that ask for one of each item, or two at the most. I cancel everything else. Then, I stock up my barn and shelves with 5 of every item that takes more than 15 minutes to make. I also strategically plant key crops (5 cacao, 5 rubber trees, potatoes, etc.). Don't bother with wheat and stuff like that unless it's in an order. You can make that in a jiff. Finally, (drumroll) don't start filling your orders until the market is about 5 minutes from renewing. That way, it's like you have two extra stocks. After about two or three orders I buy everything in the market that makes sense. Then when it renews I shop again.

Not only does this help with the achievement, it also made the game fun for me again. Otherwise, filling orders as they come becomes a moving target and you always feel like you're behind or obligated to keep playing (which is what they want of course). Now, I just methodically wait until I have five of everything before I even really look at the orders. Then I make a few more things based on what's in high demand. In the meantime I usually send 4 or 5 sets of trains and build a few things or clear a few lots.

I can't believe I've written so much about a "stupid game" (my wife's words) but I'm happy to share since I'm kinda proud of my 42 (can you tell. Ha ha). The new goal is 50 or bust.

Adios.

Orangecrush
    Quote Originally Posted by Avidphotog7 View Post
    Even though I was only on level thirty-something I got bored with the game for a while, and so collecting that achievement became my new motivation. It only took til the second attempt before I achieved it, and funny enough I blew right past it: 42 orders in 30 minutes. What I did became my new norm and at this point I average about 30 filled orders at a time... But I haven't beat that initial 42 yet. Here's what I do:

First, I handpick the orders I'll fill. None of those crazy orders asking for 14 carrots or 21 cottons, or even 4 of 3 different things. I like the ones that ask for one of each item, or two at the most. I cancel everything else. Then, I stock up my barn and shelves with 5 of every item that takes more than 15 minutes to make. I also strategically plant key crops (5 cacao, 5 rubber trees, potatoes, etc.). Don't bother with wheat and stuff like that unless it's in an order. You can make that in a jiff. Finally, (drumroll) don't start filling your orders until the market is about 5 minutes from renewing. That way, it's like you have two extra stocks. After about two or three orders I buy everything in the market that makes sense. Then when it renews I shop again.

Not only does this help with the achievement, it also made the game fun for me again. Otherwise, filling orders as they come becomes a moving target and you always feel like you're behind or obligated to keep playing (which is what they want of course). Now, I just methodically wait until I have five of everything before I even really look at the orders. Then I make a few more things based on what's in high demand. In the meantime I usually send 4 or 5 sets of trains and build a few things or clear a few lots.

I can't believe I've written so much about a "stupid game" (my wife's words) but I'm happy to share since I'm kinda proud of my 42 (can you tell. Ha ha). The new goal is 50 or bust.

Adios.
    Hey Avidphotog7,

Congrats on the achievement, I know a lot of us have not been able to fill enough orders to complete that achievement. You're strategy sounds solid and worth a try for us willing to fill 25 order's in 30 minutes.

Thank you for adding this great information to the "Tip's and Trick's" thread it's appreciated!!!

Orangecrush
    Level 49 about to be on 50
    Android on Facebook

If you don't mind me asking, what level are you on?

Avidphotog7
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
    Hey Avidphotog7,

Congrats on the achievement, I know a lot of us have not been able to fill enough orders to complete that achievement. You're strategy sounds solid and worth a try for us willing to fill 25 order's in 30 minutes.

Thank you for adding this great information to the "Tip's and Trick's" thread it's appreciated!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what level are you on?
    I'm on 41 now (just got there) and my son (age 7) is on 21. Funny enough, he's the one that got me hooked on the game. Bad influence ) When I filled 42 orders in 30 min, my barn capacity was around 200 or 225. It's 275 now. And for what it's worth, I've yet to spend money on the app.

By the way, right after my previous post I had another run at filling 50 orders... I only made it to 27 this time... But I did remember one other strategy in the meantime: don't be afraid to NOT fill orders that come up in the subsequent batches. For example, after filling one of my initial 9 orders, one of the second wave orders was for 3 paper towels, and 5 popcorns. Even though I had both available, there was no way I was gonna waste it all on one order. It would've cleaned me out. Instead I was able to use those same supplies on multiple other orders. With this strategy of ignoring big orders, you may end up with just 3 or 4 orders that you're filling and cycling through (while you ignore the others)... But don't fret. I've had times where I just had ONE order left that I was cycling through, and still filled six or seven more subsequent orders because the new ones that kept popping up just happened to be to (small and) perfect. I hope this makes sense.

Oh... I also don't start with orders that give less than 300 experience points. That's just a personal preference to speed the game up. Last but not least.... One thing has made my quest for 50 definitively more difficult. Somewhere around level 40, I started getting orders for ingots! That really messed me up because I almost never have enough of those sitting around to fill those orders... Which pretty much effectively dropped me down to 8 possible orders to cycle through after the first wave.

And that leads me to a question... Does it go past 9 orders at a time? I've been waiting for a 10th to pop up, but so far, no dice.
    Last edited by Avidphotog7; 08-12-2014 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Typo

Hi Avidphotog7

To answer your question : I'm at level 61 and I still have 9 orders to choose from.

Thanks for your insight on that achievement. Once I'm all done with my buildings, I'll stop my trains and give it a try. My barn is at 575 and I keep already almost everything at 5 and some at 12, so I should be able to reach the goal of 25 orders.

Graylady, Canada
    Level 61
    Android but not facebook

Orangecrush
    Quick little tip for those who want to collect on a achievement and get some Tcash. If you haven't already, start making road's in your town. When you make enough road's you can collect Tcash. If you are not happy with them or they are getting in the way of progress, just remove them and you get to keep the Tcash and the achievement.

Orangecrush
    Last edited by Orangecrush; 11-26-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Avidphotog7
    Update: I've officially given up my quest for 50 orders filled in 30 minutes... The good news is that, on my most recent run, I completed well over 50 consecutive orders. I lost count but I'd guess it was somewhere in the 55 to 60 range. The bad news is only 46 of them were within the 30 minute window according to the counter in the town hall. So close!
    Attachment 161
    The thing is, I ran out of time before I ran out of orders to fill, so now I'm wondering if (given the time it takes the helicopter to make those round trips) if 50 is mathematically possible. After all, I was practically sending the chopper back off before it landed from the last order. Realizing that not all the trips take the same amount of time; I guess I'd now have to have the perfect mix of orders with respect to items AND distance from the heliport (the closer they are the faster I can send the next one out). I guess I could also move my heliport to the middle of the board so that the average distance (and time) to each order is smaller. But for the trouble that's worth, I think I'm going to settle for the moral victory... Until someone else tops fifty and stirs up those competitive juices . For now, it's back to sending trains and raising money for the next factory.
    Last edited by Avidphotog7; 08-19-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Hi Avidphotog7

Great going !! I found it fun doing that challenge and may try again. I stopped at 35 orders where 34 count for the 25 challenge. I regret moving my heliport on the other side of town, just because I did not want to see it all the time LOL I know I lost many seconds each order so it adds up fast in minutes when you're doing 30+ orders. Moving it back near the factories is out of the question at the moment : too much of a hassle to reorganise the whole place.

Congrats again.

Graylady, Canada
    Level 62
    Android but not facebook

Penrose
    Another way I did it was, I sectioned my housing areas into four areas and left space to move the helipad into the middle of each area as needed. Eg. Say you have areas NW, NE, SE & SW once you have delivered to say NW and you still have more in the NE, I load the chopper with the last order for the NW sector then once the chopper takes off I move the helipad into the NE sector and bingo the chopper returns to the new base. Now you repeat the process again and then move again. At most the chopper only travels a short distance. You do need to have the free space.

Penrose
    Level 66 (60k off L67 should be there in 24hrs I hope)
    IOS not on Facebook

Hi Penrose

I finally found an easy solution to move it nearer the center of town.

I like your strategy :-) I don't have that kind of room right now.

Graylady, Canada
    Level 62, 65k to level 63
    Android but not facebook

Jennifer Orme
    Quick question. And I apologize if this has been asked before but I searched and couldn't find an answer. Is there a way to delete a building after it's been placed? I accidentally bought and placed a second cow shed which I don't need. Any tips would be appreciated.