Thread: Forum Members Not On Memberlist

Forum Members Not On Memberlist

This isn't specifically related to Gardenscapes but the Playrix forums themselves.

I like to learn about our forum members, the ones that have been around for years, the ones that make great posts that can inspire me to do a better job with the posts I make, the ones I can turn to to ask questions and learn more about how things used to be and how things have changed... I digress.

The point is, I've found members of this forum who make posts, have a profile, but aren't on the members list and thus can't be looked up via the members search function. Not that finding them is difficult, it just seems strange to me that there would be people, especially members who have contributed 500/1000+ posts, who wouldn't be on the members list.

Is there a reason for this? Does it really matter? Am I quite possibly the only one who actually cares about this?

You are not.
    I asked the same question - see this - and the answer we could come up with is that it has something to do with the forum settings for user groups. I didn't find a more definite answer than that..

Hi Obtuse, this was discussed quite recently but I can't remember now if this was ever resolved. Have a look through this thread in Township Lounge
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Thanks Dread, thanks Pink;

I'm going to go ahead and say that this post by Graylady probably explains where the issue arose:

This is due to the forums major crash we had in July 2016. The server lost all registration files and we had to register again on the forums, starting a new account. The "guests" you see are people that never came back or, if they did, changed their name. That is why we are so many with a Join Date of July 2016 even though we were here long before that.

THE CRASH OF 2016. You're right Dread, it does sound ominous.

Edit: I should probably start playing Township eh? You guys talk about all the fun stuff on those forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post

Edit: I should probably start playing Township eh? You guys talk about all the fun stuff on those forums.
    excellent idea. you're just asking good questions in this thread! lol

Hi guys! Thanks for highlighting this issue. We will look into it.

Could you please write the nicknames of those forum members that you couldn't find on the members list? Also, if you tried to interact with them/their profiles in any way, please describe what worked and what didn't (e.g. opening a profile, sending direct messages, etc.). This info will help our devs to investigate the issue and fix it.

Thanks in advance!
    IMPORTANT!
    -If you're having troubles with the game, please check out our Help & Support articles first.
    -In case you need further assistance, write a report from the game. To do so, follow the steps from this tutorial video.
    -If your game doesn't open, you can contact our support team here.