Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regatta Opt Out?

Regatta Opt Out?

If a member of your co-op decides to opt out of the Regatta, will he/she have a status of 'not racing'? I'm not sure if members of our co-op have opted out, not participating without opting out or maybe have just stopped playing the game completely since they have no activity at all.

Other members are helping with products but not the Regatta but I'm still not sure if they have opted out or not.

Trying to figure this out on my own without starting any arguments. It would be easier to move on to a more dedicated co-op.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
    Tobelyn

Game Center name - Tobelyn

If they've opted out, it will show as 'not racing' in your coop list.
    If they are marked as 'racing' but have no score showing, then they have not completed any tasks yet.

hi! i have a question about the regatta. How do we enter de co-op? Is this a role for the leader or can any member register? We haven't been able to figure this out since our leader is MIA...

Quote Originally Posted by lts81 View Post
    hi! i have a question about the regatta. How do we enter de co-op? Is this a role for the leader or can any member register? We haven't been able to figure this out since our leader is MIA...
    I can't answer this question directly and I'm sure a senior will be along shortly to answer, but frankly I'd leave that co-op and find another one with an active and encouraging leader. Has the leader assigned anyone as co-leader? Any elders? Without other players with some measure of authority, y'all going to be stuck in dry dock if it requires that only the leader can register for regatta.

Active co-ops are looking for active members all the time.

I don't remember there being anything special about entering, just click on the regatta dock, scroll up to the task list, pick something and hit "start" for your task. IIRC, simply taking a task is all it took. Could be wrong on that but I sure don't remember any other action I had to take.

Cdosr... Go to Settings and Additional Settings... There you will find 'Participate in Regatta'... that's where you turn it on & off. Its on by default, so why you didn't have to do anything to be in the Regatta.

I think it is wise to think of the future of your co op if your leader is away and not in communication with you and the rest of the members. Unfortunately if s/he has the original default setting of participating in the regatta and your co op enters the next regatta, you may find yourself with an uphill struggle as they and any other members in a similar position will count as participating and yet they will not score any points for your team. Now you have a bit of time until next week to decide what you want to do. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Robbins View Post
    Cdosr... Go to Settings and Additional Settings... There you will find 'Participate in Regatta'... that's where you turn it on & off. Its on by default, so why you didn't have to do anything to be in the Regatta.
    Mario,

Oh, I know about that setting, that is for an individual to be included or not included in the team during a regatta. I understood the question to be "how does the co-op participate" which is a different question from "how do I participate". When I created our co-op there was nothing special, no setting, that said "I want my co-op to participate in regattas", it just happened automatically when the first team member selected their first task from the task tab found at the co-op dock area.

OK, sorry.. Mis-read. Yes, it was automatic when it first started. I think they had added the option shortly after that?

It would be really good if we could see who had decided to opt out before the race starts. Everyone says Not Racing until it starts. Maybe the Wheel icon could disappear from people's names who had unticked Participate in Regatta before the race starts, so as leader I don't have to ask on chat for anyone to confirm if they're taking a break.