Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playrix why do you hate us so?

Playrix why do you hate us so?

For a while many of us have asked for you to put the regatta as opt-in, but of course you don't seem to care about the logic of the whole thing....last time i kicked one person out for doing nothing to help the rest and not putting himself as not racing, i lost 3 members for being a big meany.

Now again a new race and i have 2 that are inactive and are not as "not racing"...not going to kick them because backlash may be bad...so thank you for making this a problem that should have been solved from the get go.

And please don't tell me to ask them on the chat...you have sticky's here for everything and people do not read before posting....just saying they do not read the chat or seem to care.
    Last edited by LauSeg; 08-17-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LauSeg View Post
    For a while many of us have asked for you to put the regatta as opt-in, but of course you don't seem to care about the logic of the whole thing....last time i kicked one person out for doing nothing to help the rest and not putting himself as not racing, i lost 3 members for being a big meany.

Now again a new race and i have 2 that are inactive and are not as "not racing"...not going to kick them because backlash may be bad...so thank you for making this a problem that should have been solved from the get go.

And please don't tell me to ask them on the chat...you have sticky's here for everything and people do not read before posting....just saying they do not read the chat or seem to care.
    I'm thinking that maybe your anger is misdirected here. It is your co op's individual members responsibility to opt out of the Regatta. Playrix introduced the opting in as a default setting as the regattas were and still are really a new feature. They changed the weekly reset to opt in the regattas after numerous complaints that co op members were being held back by those who don't or are unable to opt out every week.

There is no penalty for opting out prior to the regatta starting, so that would appear to be the solution to your problem?

I also had the same initial reaction but have changed my tune. While it had a small negative affect on my co op I noted that everyone was battling the same issue. If changed, my co op would score better but so would everyone else's! If you were forced to manually opt in the regatta competition would become much steeper. I now just smile and look at the bottom co ops in my regatta knowing that I am probably beating them because they have players opted in that aren't completing tasks

I also give many days warning to an inactive member, ask fellow members if they know the person and have anyway of reaching them outside of township, and overall show my co op that you won't be kicked because real life got in the way of your regatta performance. I politely ask in chat if they think they might want to opt out, or if they believe they will be able to perform better the following week. Only after this do I kick them out with a note asking them to return if they would like to race or even if they would like to return as a non racing member. In chat I share what led to the decision. I bet that kicking inactive players will lead to fewer players leaving than having having other active members get frustrated with inactive accounts. Then again it does depend on your individual co op and what your goals are. Good luck!

Hi LauSeg

I had to kick such players in my coop. They never read the chat.

In your situation, I would ask the remaining players this: "Do you like competing with bigger coop? As a leader, I have a choice. I let you compete in a lost battle or I kick 2 unresponsive members. What do you want?"

Many players do not understand the importance of opting out.

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    I'm thinking that maybe your anger is misdirected here. It is your co op's individual members responsibility to opt out of the Regatta. Playrix introduced the opting in as a default setting as the regattas were and still are really a new feature. They changed the weekly reset to opt in the regattas after numerous complaints that co op members were being held back by those who don't or are unable to opt out every week.

There is no penalty for opting out prior to the regatta starting, so that would appear to be the solution to your problem?
    My anger is not misdirected at all, this problem only exist because playrix chose to take this route...they could have made it so that "not racing" would be the norm and you have to put points on the board to qualify as entered the race. <---for example.

I have put instruction's on how to opt-out on the chat everytime but here i am again asking playrix to change it.

Yes, they should change it to where you have to opt-in and change it so that any previous 0 score automatically turns that person off.

If that was the case the co ops you are racing would also be scoring more. Racing against co ops with inactive players is an easy win In the end having them in is a benefit to the active players not a liability. A clear communication to your co op members of expectations is key. I really do think if you do this it will work out for you. The other option would be to ask your co op how they would like to address inactive players. They might have different goals then you. There has been lots of co op movement separating competitive players from casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Bustin View Post
    If that was the case the co ops you are racing would also be scoring more. Racing against co ops with inactive players is an easy win In the end having them in is a benefit to the active players not a liability. A clear communication to your co op members of expectations is key. I really do think if you do this it will work out for you. The other option would be to ask your co op how they would like to address inactive players. They might have different goals then you. There has been lots of co op movement separating competitive players from casual.
    I have nothing against a fair race, there are so many ways you can lose a race, no need to race 18 vs 12 to win....as for a clear communication between members ...one can always wish.

Don't get me wrong, the competition is stiff! We are only in silver and with every player completing every task we will still be in a tight race for first. Love the competition! I was trying to share the leadership and communication skills and tools that have worked for my co op as well as other group activities in my real life. Once I got going in the regatta's I found that the auto opt in setting really is a none issue for active co ops. If a player isn't reading chat or participating then to me and my co op members they are not valuable and will probably be happier in a different co op home. We are only 3 weeks old but are full and have actually had to turn players down. We have sadly lost 4 players along the way and will miss them but wish them all the township happiness that they can find

It would really be so much easier for everyone and if it was the other way around: change settings when you Do want to race.

We had to ask dozens of times in the chat for people to change settings if they didn't want to race or weren't able well enough; eventually some did, but some didn't in time, so our entire co-op got punished for that.

It's a bit weird, thinking about it. Starting point is you automatically race. When you don't want to you have to switch off the settings, otherwise you're still counted as racing.
    IRL we usually have to register to participate...