Thread: Mining question

Mining question

I'm fairly new to the game and I just opened my mine. Question is, do I axe/dynimite ALL the bricks in the mine or just go after were I see the ore. I saw that the deeper you dig you can't go back up so I don't want to miss something by skipping some of the bricks. Thanks in advance!

Hi Kellytown.

Ore, gems, mining tools are always visible. (There is nothing in pale tan brown dirt except a random gold coin of varying value.) Use your pickax to dig these exposed finds up.

Dynamite when used will clear dirt in the row you are in and the row above and below. It will only crack light gray blocks, but not remove them. You will need a pickax to finish it off. Using dynamite to clear rows saves on pick axes.

TNT will break through light gray blocks (1-2 at a time or 3 X 3 squares).

No tool penetrates the dark gray blocks, you have to work around them.

Treasure Troves are usually surrounded by dark gray blocks, with only 1-2 ways in to get the goodies - use pickax or TNT as needed to enter them.

It is best to work horizontally and downward when mining.

The only benefit to clearing every block is the occasional coin bonus. That being said, you only are able to see what is in a block once you have cleared a box adjoining it. Dark brown and dark gray boxes don't reveal their treasures until you dig up an adjoining square, they then become tan/gray. The pick ax will clear a single box, the dynamite stick a horizontal row(nana, are you sure yours clear 3?), and the tnt clears all nearby squares(3x3 box). Tan squares require 1 single blow, while gray ones require 2. Tnt packs an extra punch and will clear those pesky gray stones in 1 though. The squares hidden that are tougher to reveal often have the more rare ore, so I do make sure I reveal every square, but I do not clear it unless it has treasure. Good luck and happy digging!

Yep, mine clears above and below. Actually reveals is better word than clears. The only thing not revealed are the random gold coins.
    Last edited by Nana; 08-16-2016 at 07:26 PM.

So clears the one row. Squares are always revealed when a square next to it is cleared.

I love my mine. I tend to go to the row below the top one and clear that one first if possible as then I can see where any blocks with ore etc are.

My partner enjoys doing the mine in my game but I can't watch. He doesn't follow the rules

Lol Tassie! I can just imagine it! I love finding the treasure caves and those elusive artifacts.