Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regatta global rankings either flawed or rewarding cheaters

Regatta global rankings either flawed or rewarding cheaters

So, if I'm not mistaken, the rankings in the global leader board for the Regatta is based on points per person per coop (on average). Correct? IF so, how is it possible for anyone to have a score over 1890? In the silver league (which was highest anyone could be until now) has 13 tasks plus a 14th to buy. So if ever single member did the highest point total for all 14 tasks, the highest possible average would be 1890. Right now, the top 24 are all over that average. How is that possible?! Either people are cheating somehow OR the game is not calculating scores properly. How could the #1 coop (with 1 person) be scoring over 3000 points?! 1890 is the maximum... Was there a second member that did a number of tasks and then left so they had 2 people contributin but the game then screwed up and counted just 1? Either the game is flawed or people are cheating. Either way, it sucks for coops that are working hard and playing fairly.

I agree that they need to look at what is happening in the leaderboard. But it is the first week so give them time to tweak things if they need to.

And I may be wrong, but if it is like the aeroplane leader board, then it is just a list - there are no rewards for being top. So enjoy what you have achieved in your co-op - the leaderboard doesn't change that
    Platform: iOS (iPad/iPhone)
    Town Level: 95
    Zoo Level: 22

Having trouble with your game? Check out the in-game help. Or contact support via 'Contact Us' from within the in-game help.
    If you can't get into your game, you can use: https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?l=en

Hum... I am at a lost. All I see in the gold leaderboard is coop total points in the millions. I do not see individual scores. Where should I look for these ?
    Last edited by Graylady; 08-15-2016 at 03:06 PM. Reason: add word for clarity
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I see 3541.00 (it has a decimal point) for the top co-op - isn't that what you're seeing?

Having trouble with your game? Check out the in-game help. Or contact support via 'Contact Us' from within the in-game help.
    If you can't get into your game, you can use: https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?l=en

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie View Post
    I see 3541.00 (it has a decimal point) for the top co-op - isn't that what you're seeing?
    Just saw that decimal LOL Not quite awake yet it seems :-)
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

. Not sure why they have the decimal places, as they all seem to be .00 ...

The only possible way for an individual to get a perfect score without dumping tasks is to be in a team where everyone else does the tasks under 135 points. It would be impossible for a single individual to reach a top score of 1890 without dumping tasks. As well it would be impossible for every single member in a team to reach a perfect score without dumping tasks.

I would like a detailed explaination of what the penalties are for dumping tasks. As a group, we never dumped a single task however one of our team did dump a task and I believe another member let two tasks expire, maybe even a third at the end. Our penalty was 0.9

Are the tasks that are Not completed at the end of the race penalized? So many questions.

Your explaination of two people racing and one drops out before the end of the race could explain the bigger than possible scores! By the looks of it, many people took advantage of that loop hole.

I guess they calculated all four races minus all dumped tasks and divided to the number of people in coop. Plus some bonus points for the 1st place.
    Last edited by Lilia; 08-15-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Town: Fayeville
    Level: 130
    Game Center Name: Faye_Destiny (play on my Ipad)
    Game Code: TMJ7EH (sorry, reached my limit, but I do sometimes have free slots, so you can stay pending)
    Always help, when I can (helped more that 100k times)

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie View Post
    I agree that they need to look at what is happening in the leaderboard. But it is the first week so give them time to tweak things if they need to.

And I may be wrong, but if it is like the aeroplane leader board, then it is just a list - there are no rewards for being top. So enjoy what you have achieved in your co-op - the leaderboard doesn't change that
    Correct that the leaderboard is really just a barometer and not connected to prizes. But the teams that are cheating the system would be taking prizes from the people they were competing against to get to that position. Someone loses a top 3 slot to someone that cheated. And it, on a general level, sort of ruins the game for those of us who compete in a legit manner. Hard to feel so compelled to keep playing when there are others out there just cheating their way to the top. I'd be really irritated if I lost my regatta to a team that clearly didn't play a legit manner. Would sour me on the game in general. They need to get the cheating taken care of. (see also the other contest high scores which tend to be ridiculous)

Dumped tasks haven't factored in yet, according to Township. They only will start counting now (at the golden league level). Which, i guess means that they could be factoring into this rankings, but if that is the case, those people that are over 1890 points are REALLY cheating the system cause there is simply no way to score that high without dumping tasks.

As for how they count, there is a post somewhere how they count. tasks that are deleted (before anyone takes them) will count against teams in the golden league only. All deleted tasks will be counted up and then divided between the number of players in the coop. That number will be subtracted from their score. (So 10 player coop drops 100 tasks, they will lose 10 points). So the penalty isn't huge. Tasks that a player takes and then dumps does not count against the coop other than that person will get 0 points and lose a task. ie if they dump their first of 15 tasks, they will get 0 points and be left with only 14 tasks left to do.