Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Some Basic Questions

PerfctOne
    Quote Originally Posted by scramm View Post
    Yah everyone's on the same boat there we all hate the prices of factories, I feel bad for greylady shes bought em all and I'm pretty sure they are working on a solution to come up with better prices or making more money quicker lol not sure when they will add the update but Olga has said they have looked into a solution for that
    Yeah i saw that somewhere.. i will be happy for me, but i hate it for the ones that spent all that money before the fix. hey quickie - i know we only have 3 friends we can gift a day, but has anyone ever actually said what the logic was behind that? just curious. I know, well at least i am hoping, that eventually we can gift more than 3 a day, heck even if we can do 3 every 12hrs. lol.. but really curious y only 3 was chosen.

scramm
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfctOne View Post
    Yeah i saw that somewhere.. i will be happy for me, but i hate it for the ones that spent all that money before the fix. hey quickie - i know we only have 3 friends we can gift a day, but has anyone ever actually said what the logic was behind that? just curious. I know, well at least i am hoping, that eventually we can gift more than 3 a day, heck even if we can do 3 every 12hrs. lol.. but really curious y only 3 was chosen.
    Lol don't believe that there was any logic behind d it lol. Its not a logical implement to begin with... I do believe that its just the way it was scripted. They added it in as a 'beta' feature let's say for lower levels when the game was newer to see how it goes and never bothered to look back at it as friends is a very small addition to the game, and you do not need friends at all to advance in the game, like at all. So wasn't feasible to focus on updating that when they can update/add much bigger things to the game which is why the game is as popular/addicting as it is today... My two cents anyways, oh and I believe from what the other admin has stated they have made a major overhaul on friends for the next update, which is of no interest to me bit I'm sure many people are looking for that to be updated..

Aside fro. All that... The dock is getting to be ridiculous I started playing before the new year and that has been sitting there wasting my space for months now and its begun to drive me nuts add the damn docks!!! I know for a fact the scripts have already been made and its just sitting there on the back burner... So pointless. Also they better be releasing the new update for both iOS and android at the same time that is nonsense making android wait linger than iOS users, that's like hiring employee a and then hiring employee b and going hey employee a gets paid first but you Mr employee b your garbage you get paid next week.... Bs

PerfctOne
    Hey my friends.... i figured to just stay in this thread with my basic questions.

Is there any other way to get stuff for the mine? I get some things from the train, is that the only way?

I am behind on my factories by one level, but I am getting them built. Here is my question about them.... I see that orders for the towns people ask for things I do not have, and sometimes they are not on sale at market either.. but since they are usually only giving me 100 - 200 coins I dont fill them anyway. *** thnx to Scramm and Graylady for that tip about being selective in what orders to fill and how to not fill/delete orders I do not want***

Here is my other question: do the trains ever ask for things that I do not have?? like I do not have the ice cream factory and am stalled on the paper factory * need more glass ** .. can the train ask me for paper or popsicle???

When it comes to the mine, is there a way to get the most out of it? i am confused about how to get to mining below earth to level 2000??? huh??? how when i dont get enough supplies from trains.. please explain how this really works in case i am not understanding it well. thnx.

I am up to level 23 now, i think.. or i just hit 24.. but still i am moving on.. i really have to thank Scramm and Graylady for all the tips and help. would be so stuck without them.

BTW: Graylady - you will be proud of me.. i am working on my ingots for the academy now.. only need 1 more silver.

as far as the factory upgrades: do i need ingots to do them or do i need coins or both?

as always... any other tips/advice you can give will be appreciated.. i love this game.

Here is my other question: do the trains ever ask for things that I do not have?? like I do not have the ice cream factory and am stalled on the paper factory * need more glass ** .. can the train ask me for paper or popsicle???
    No problems with the trains. They never ask for something you can't produce. As for the client's order, it is another story. As soon as you reach a level that render a new factory available, you'll see orders with products from that factory. Even if you don't have the money to build it, even if it take 24+ hours to build it. Most of the time, if you delete such an order, you'll get another one with the same product. So I learn to play with 1 order on standby until I build the factory and produce the item or until I could buy it at the market. What I did is delete the orders that had a low payout and kept one that payed over 400-500. Be aware you could be days waiting for the product to appear in the market. While you wait you work with the remaining 8 client's orders.

When it comes to the mine, is there a way to get the most out of it? i am confused about how to get to mining below earth to level 2000??? huh??? how when i dont get enough supplies from trains.. please explain how this really works in case i am not understanding it well. thnx.
    The only free way to get mining tools is from the trains. Sometimes you can buy some at a reduced price in the market. Or if you have a lot of Township dollars you can buy them anytime you want. When you are in the mine, slide a tool with a quantity of 0 from the left to the right and the game will offer you to buy some.

You can always see the level you are in the mine in the lower right part. You will eventually reach level 2000 no worry. Right now I'm at level 3429.

BTW: Graylady - you will be proud of me.. i am working on my ingots for the academy now.. only need 1 more silver.

as far as the factory upgrades: do i need ingots to do them or do i need coins or both?

as always... any other tips/advice you can give will be appreciated.. i love this game.
    The factory upgrades are done with ingots only, no cash or coins.

Have fun

Graylady
    Level 56 close to 57

PerfctOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    No problems with the trains. T What I did is delete the orders that had a low payout and kept one that payed over 400-500. Be aware you could be days waiting for the product to appear in the market. While you wait you work with the remaining 8 client's orders.
    OK.. so i was on the right track. i was deleting all the orders that were under 200 and only keeping the ones for 300.. but i will try keeping at least 1 of the orders that have a product i do not have yet.

The only free way to get mining tools is from the trains. Sometimes you can buy some at a reduced price in the market. Or if you have a lot of Township dollars you can buy them anytime you want. When you are in the mine, slide a tool with a quantity of 0 from the left to the right and the game will offer you to buy some.

HMMM .. i will look and see if it is worth it for me to just wait or to buy.. i do not have much T-cash.. so i may just have to make due with what i get from the trains.. drats

You can always see the level you are in the mine in the lower right part. You will eventually reach level 2000 no worry. Right now I'm at level 3429.
    Over 3k?? wow... ok.. i think my biggest problem is that i use my supplies so fast and do not seem to see much profit from them; i think i am not using them in the best way.. still trying different strategies to try and see what works best for me. so far using the pick first for a few spots and then a stick of dynamite and then a big charge- i can average 2 copper pieces, 1 silver piece, 2 gold coins \and every other train load of supplies i get a chest and either a pick, a dynamite or a big charge. this time when i get a new train load will try using the big charge first, then the dynamite then the picks.

The factory upgrades are done with ingots only, no cash or coins.
    OMGS!!! that means i will be loaded with mine dust for the rest of the game!!! lol oh well .. i really need to level fast so i can get my 3rd train.

Graylady
    Level 56 close to 57
    I will be able to start my academy in bout an hour.. i am so excited. with all the help you just gave me i can't wait to get back on my game.

Is there a way to get more T_cash other than buying with real money? I see i get them from accomplishing achievements, in a chest from the mine - are they other ways that i do not know of?

is there a faster way to level than just building the buildings/factories? i ask cuz i do not get much from farming or gathering, so just wondering.

scramm
    OK.. so i was on the right track. i was deleting all the orders that were under 200 and only keeping the ones for 300.. but i will try keeping at least 1 of the orders that have a product i do not have yet.

HMMM .. i will look and see if it is worth it for me to just wait or to buy.. i do not have much T-cash.. so i may just have to make due with what i get from the trains.. drats

Over 3k?? wow... ok.. i think my biggest problem is that i use my supplies so fast and do not seem to see much profit from them; i think i am not using them in the best way.. still trying different strategies to try and see what works best for me. so far using the pick first for a few spots and then a stick of dynamite and then a big charge- i can average 2 copper pieces, 1 silver piece, 2 gold coins \and every other train load of supplies i get a chest and either a pick, a dynamite or a big charge. this time when i get a new train load will try using the big charge first, then the dynamite then the picks.

OMGS!!! that means i will be loaded with mine dust for the rest of the game!!! lol oh well .. i really need to level fast so i can get my 3rd train.

I will be able to start my academy in bout an hour.. i am so excited. with all the help you just gave me i can't wait to get back on my game.

Is there a way to get more T_cash other than buying with real money? I see i get them from accomplishing achievements, in a chest from the mine - are they other ways that i do not know of?

is there a faster way to level than just building the buildings/factories? i ask cuz i do not get much from farming or gathering, so just wondering.
    So as far as mine and upgrades go... I have 9/11 factories fully upgraded and I have noticed a huge increase in my income and exp earned from orders (note it does not show the added bonuses from upgrades in the order menu it shows it after you complete the order) so I highly recommend constantly upgrading your factories which means constantly making bars/ignots it will help out a substantial amount. I'd like to add on to what grey had mentioned about the mining supplies, they do come by train but you can also find them in the mine its self sometimes mainly by the open spots in the mine which you will also find the collectibles there too... If you want more info I made a post in this forum category about the mine and collectibles... Orders is the fastest way to gain exp towards level trains does barely no exp if any at all and making products harvesting crops awards little exp... If your gonna buy tcash I waited for their random sale to start invested 50$ (I know I went against my own rules on games and gave in and bought tcash) however back on point took 50 buck waited for sale got the 10$ sale three times in one go ( 420 tcash every time) -note every sale will offer different options but will always be better deal than buying it out of sale other wise the sale would be useless lol- then with the last 20 bought the 19$ package ended up with something like 1860 tcash for 50buck bought that months ago still have over 600 tcash... So spend wisely... My mine depth 2955 funny thing is somehow I have a bigger collection than Greg yet she is further depth than me... Odd :s also I don't go for specific ores I go for as much as possible with one or two moves... And I also keep my ores evenly stacked for the most part 140 plat, 187 gold, (way overboard) 137 silver, 190 copper you will need a crazy amount of copper so they are good to have... Also another thing about upgrades... I made sure I upgraded factories that have a final product over factories that produce things that can be made to make other products, found this worked best for me in terms of making the most out of my upgrades... Your making good progress perfectone keep it up due to greys advice I've started leveling quicker too... She's deff on to something there lol

Hi PerfctOne and Scramm

I did buy some Tcash too but my strategy is different then Scramm's. I waited for the 60% sale to show up and buy a lot of 450 (or is it 460 ?) for 9.99. I tend to buy a set every 6 to 8 weeks and I'm carefull how I use them. The first lot was use to buy boxes in the factories as this was a one time shot. Now I sometimes buy mining tools in the market.

Scramm

I'm at a lower level probably because I did'nt explore every nooks and crannies along the way. I probably miss some artefacts with that strategy. I'll do better from now on LOL. Right now I have 271 bronze ores, 98 silver, 91 gold and 137 platinum.

Factories upgrade

I agree with you, upgrading our factories really pays off. I have 13 factories fully upgrade. My fourteenth will be fully upgrade in less then an hour. The last 3 are upgraded 3 times, 4th and 5th to go. Again my strategy is different. I upgrade the factories according to their usefullness ( how many times do I see their products(or by-products) in the orders. As soon as you sell a by-product, you see the bonus. The first one I fully upgrade was the Dairy Factory, the second one the Taylor Shop follow by the Textile Factory and the Ice Cream Factory. After that, I brought every factory to the third level to get the 10% reduction in time.

PerfctOne

I agree with Scramm. Start upgrading your factories asap. This will accelerate your progression.

I don't know if you notice, but all orders are not the same. Some pay more in coins and some in experience. Take that into account when you choose the orders you want to fill up. Do you need coins to build something or do you need experience to finish a level and gain access to something ?

Have fun both of you...
    Graylady
    Level 56 almost finish
    Playing for 141 days in a row.

P.S. PerfctOne
    Play everyday as it is paying off in the long run (you get a bonus every day). Start your game everyday even if you have a couple of minutes to play. The trick is to play EVERY day.

PerfctOne
    See?? THIS is why I love my game.. I get to meet just awesome peeps.

Scramm

Ty for all the help.

I will definitely look into finding your post about the mine, cuz I know I need it. I understand the principle of it, but the actual use of it keeps me spending more time coughing up dust than I get ores. so will have to find your post to see what i may be doing wrong.

as far as waiting for the random sale to purchase T-Cash : that won't happen.. so far this has been one of the more easily played FTP games as far as getting stuff done where I do not HAVE to use real money to get ahead (being unemployed this makes a huge difference for me).. so will have to just rely on my quests/achievement/orders for T-cash. but at least i got a plan to try if i do get real money to use for game - thnx.

as far as the factory upgrades go: i will have a bit of a wait on those, but i am anxious. lol i want to be able to start working better factories than what i do now.. so that again means i have to go working in those thar mines in the hills.

(slings pick axe over shoulder, checking to be sure I have my sticks of dynamite on my belt and my big charges in my pouches on my mule and heads off to the mines)

Thnx Scramm. I feel I am doing ok, I love this game so much. You and Graylady have really made it more fun.

Now for you Graylady.

Thanx for the advice on which factories to try to upgrade first. I was sorta that way, only thing is i still don't have ice cream.. yeah i know.. i am slow.. but i getting there.. eventually. lol and i noticed last nite for the first time that the xp gained from an order does not always mean the same as the coins. I had a 97 coin order but would have gotten 197 xp .. caught that as it was being deleted, so now i know to look at both and then decide what i need most. lol better late than never.

141 days in a row???? faints... seriously gratz my friend. i think i am like on day 16 or 17. I love the bonus. it makes it worthwhile. when i feel like i am just spinning my gears waiting for the train and those dang blue sweaters *** i hate them now***. lol , i look up and it is time for me to get my daily bonus.. so that is 100 + coins just hollering for me to put in my wallet.

I am nervous about how to get all the stuff I need for my mine, but I won't give up. heck... i got this far I can get that mine under control too, i got ore to collect.

Thanks again Graylady and Scramm for being here to help and encourage me. That means alot to me. happy gathering/building/crafting and lets not forget MAKING COINS my friends.

PerfctOne
    Level 23 *so close to 24 - need 2280*
    16/30 days for the Honorary Freeman III title

ps.. just thought of this one.. is there really any order i should be buying up land? i have just been buying it randomly here and there.. just realised last nite that i needed more room and just got like 4 more plots, but not all of them were in a specific grouping. just wondering. ok.. off to go look at my orders, trains and neekid plots of land.. and also see if my Academy is finished, but i think i will need more materials first.. grrrr.. see you soon my friends.
    Last edited by PerfctOne; 06-11-2014 at 07:45 PM.

scramm
    K well not gonna bother with a quote as ud have two qoute both greylady and perfect one and that alone will fill up an entire page lol... (Just me or is this thread always have the largest replies... Lol)

So to greylady...
    The comment about exp vs money... So true for the lower levels now thinking about it I would totally look for XP over cash if I was close to a lvl up, I feel that being lvl 40 now I'm not worried about getting orders that do more XP over cash as from what I can tell the orders that pay out more tend to provide more XP as well... However on the flip side when being a lower level getting that quick XP regardless of money earned from the order could be a good strategy... Hmm interesting lol. But as I said before too the game varys depending on the way you play... I for one have always been a money hoarder in every game I play so as per usual I went with building my bank books up so I now have a constant 50k or more in bank finally lol where as some people might want to level up and explore the games options sooner and go payment to payment to make it by, which is always a good strategy too just gotta be careful...
    Also something that I totally forgot about and is now a piss off... They have different sales... 50% and 60% dammit that makes alit more sense I was wondering why the one time I bought something and it was less than the other time but yet still the same price... Those sneaky devs... Got me good, but never again lol

Now onto you oh perfect one...
    I personally bought lands only as I needed the space... This allowed me to save money very rapidly I had no idea how much money was being spent on land plots that I didn't need at this time and believe me it hurt the wallet bad when I was lacking cash, so I do recommend buying plots only as needed you should see a nice cash gain, also there will be times when you need barn space so yah you could buy plot then but personally I'd wait it out for as long as possible till the clutter becomes unbearable or prevents you from completing an order...

I think I might get some kind of thread going where there are actual detailed guides and tips. Probably leave links to the posts where they were found too gotta throw in the names of the people who posted the tip/guide as well. May take a while but I'm sure off what you and greylady plus my self have mentioned here I can get a pretty good thread going, if this rain keeps up I may have a day off tomorrow so who knows I may get that started lol

Hi everyone

I won't do quote eithe LOL

Scramm

Don't forget that gaining a level bring a lot of coins. I don't remember how the amount is progressing but for the last couple of levels I got some 6,000 coins each time. That could be handy to get fast money.

I agree with you. We should have a section for tips and tricks. I ust made the same suggestion in an other thread. Seeing how many people are reading this ongoing post, I think there is interest.

PerfctOne

I delelopped my land one lot at a time except once in a while where I wanted space to move things around. I would then keep an emptly lot for that purpose.

My town is build around 2 sections : factories and housing. I decide to keep all my factories together and near the fiels. I can easily check everything without having to look all over the place. The time I needed the most space is when I moved the mine which is huge. When I was nearing the amount due for a new factory I made sure I had an empty spot for it. Same thing with other building. Dedide what you are going to build next and then decide which lot to buy.

Don't forget that you can move things around. If you want to join some lots, you can do so by moving stuff easily. You can delete road too if they are in the way.

Now about mining. We will be mining for a long time my friend. What make me say that ? 3 things. First, the second achievement is for completing the 15 collections we already have. Then what about the third achievement ? I would say more collections are coming LOL. Second, the announced Jewelry Factory. To make jewels you need gold, silver and platinum which we already have, but we need precious stones too. I guess this will come too. Third, we will have new factories in the update which means that we will have new factories to upgrade (more ingots hence more ore hence more mining LOL).

Spending coins. Remember to keep some coins in case something interesting show up in the market. Before building anything I made sure I had 1,000-2,000 coins in reserve.

That's it for today folks.

Have fun
    Graylady
    Level 56