Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to improve Homescapes

How to improve Homescapes

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forums and I hope to stick around for a little while! At least as long as I continue to play Homescapes

I was thinking that there should be a dedicated forum post so people can post their grievances they've encountered so far. Of course, the common issues would be annoying glitches and the like but I want this post to focus mostly on the mechanics of the game.

I'll admit, I tend to tow the company line when it comes to things I like and support so don't be offended if I push back a little on a few suggestions possibly.

I'll start with my personal grievances that are really big cons in my view:

1. The match-3 levels are incredibly challenging to the point of ridiculousness in many instances and the turns often feel a little bit too little. There have been many levels where if I just had a couple more turns I would have completed it perfectly. I am certain that Playrix is cheaping out on moves so that we spend money on the game and although that is understandable since the game is free, I can't help but feel it comes off a little bit scummy. I think that the best solution for this is too just give us a couple more turns to make it seem a bit more fair.

2. The game currently is missing out on a lot of the improvements from Gardenscapes such as the daily prize wheel (although the calendar is kind of the replacement, I think the wheel would still be better. As well, levels that are separate from the core match-3 levels to help us gets coins would be fantastic. I have a feeling that these will be implemented at some point as they weren't in Gardenscapes initially either.

3. The coin rewards are way too little for the amount of time and effort put in on some of these levels. As well, the more stars needed to complete tasks becomes a real pain in the rear. I'm playing this game to pass the time, not to make it a full-time job! I think getting at least 100 coins for a normal level and 200 for a hard level would be reasonable.

I hope to hear some of you guys ideas!

I don't mind the challenging levels, although I do get disappointed when it tells me I need to drop two more doughnuts with six moves left and I waste two moves before a doughnut appears on the board. Or that I need X of blue and I only get X-5 on the board. But after the tenth or twelfth time I plated 199 today, I thought it would be nice to allow for friends to send power ups. I got close to beating 199 last night, but used all my power ups and coins in the process. Even if there were a way within the game story to earn coins, that would be super.

I agree with you, Seashmore. On the levels with donuts, there should always be at least one donut on the board at all times. If someone clears all the donuts, a new one should drop down the very next level after the last one goes.

The calendar is definitely Homescapes' version of daily rewards, so I doubt they'll add another one or change it. We get twice the gold coins on "hard levels," so there is that for coin accumulation. If you reach the end of the levels, you can play extra levels separate from the regular ones that will give you coins and treasure chest rewards like more coins and boosters.

Homescapes is a brand-new game basically, so I expect more opportunities will come for gathering more gold coins and free boosters/hammers. Something I would like to see them add is regular events for holidays and such. Events would probably include extra levels for gathering gold coins, booster rewards, and infinite plays for a set period of time. Plus, they would be fun and a nice change from the regular story/levels.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015

Activate booster during playing

I’d like to be able activate any booster during playing. Why do I have to lose one life to know I cant make the level without booster...? But if I activate them before see the task on one level sure it will be an easy one (murphys law) so I used the bombs for no reason....
    For previouses: Agreed compleataly! Would be good to have the doughnats appeared if need to drop them... :/

Thank you for listening!
    Last edited by Nikolett Pozsonyi; 11-16-2017 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Adding more idea

Yes these information very useful, trying to improve the homescape land. If someone clears all the donuts, a new one should drop down the very next level after the last one goes.

I agree with what’s been said. Something else I would like to see is the ability to direct the paper plane as it never seams to go where is would be most effective if there are 2 goals. For example if removing soap and dropping donuts the plane should go where it would do both not one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshdragon View Post
    I agree with what’s been said. Something else I would like to see is the ability to direct the paper plane as it never seams to go where is would be most effective if there are 2 goals. For example if removing soap and dropping donuts the plane should go where it would do both not one or the other.
    Or at least wait until the cascades are over before clearing something. Too often, it selects a piece to clear that has been cleared by a cascade when I initiate it's use.

Quote Originally Posted by seashmore View Post
    Or at least wait until the cascades are over before clearing something. Too often, it selects a piece to clear that has been cleared by a cascade when I initiate it's use.
    Another excellent point! I lose a lot of paper planes' usefulness because of the pieces falling just as I'm setting the plane off, so that what I need it to clear is 1 or 2 levels down from where the plane actually hits. This can be very annoying when you only have 1 or 2 moves left and you REALLY needed that paper plane to work!
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015

I would like to see more than 1 choice at a time when choosing home decor/furnishings

I think the hard levels should earn you 2 stars as well as the extra coins that go in the piggy bank.