Thread: A Tale of Two Co-ops - 2 Inside Colossus

A Tale of Two Co-ops - 2 Inside Colossus

It would be good to get a flavor of the inner machinery of the Colossus Co-op.

It is helpful to look at the org chart of Colossus. Rob Roy is leader (CEO). Personnel Manager for Colossus is Millicent Abernathy and also an Elder. Millicent is tasked with reviewing new member’s resumes, making recommendations for final selection, welcoming members, cooling the chat when needed, and softening the blow as much as possible when members are invited to leave. Co-leader for Colossus and statistician is Kerry Aiken. Regatta Operations Manager would be Shannon Sloan and Co-Leader. Under her are 1st , 2nd, and 3rd shift Regatta Operations Managers Shelia, Jonathon, and Berry respectively. They are also elders in the Colossus. For each of the three shifts of the Regatta, there are always two spy/task flippers/data gatherers assigned. If you want to move up in Colossus, you have to start here. They give their reports to the shift managers who forwards them to Shannon.

With that background, the Colossus chat line becomes more meaningful.

Rob – Kerry, what happened with the Task Board Flipping Efficiency last night? We lost 28 minutes.

Kerry – Shannon do you know what was going on?

Shannon – Berry said his guy had to go to the bathroom.

Rob – Tell him tablets are fine in the bathroom! Ok, Kerry who do we love and who do we hate?

Kerry - We love Jill, she improved to 133.9 points per task, we hate Brent, he only averaged 128.7 points per task in last week’s Regatta.

Rob – That’s not going to get it. What do you think guys?

Shelia – I smell a boot.

Jonathon – Bootarama!

Kerry – Boot the Brentster!

Shannon – lol
    Rob – lol
    Millicent – lol

Rob – Ok Millicent you handle that. Do you have his replacement?

Millicent – We had ten apply for membership. I liked Trudy. She had a good help profile, and she is a Township addict she said. But you know what I really liked about her? She said in her application essay she is a winner and she wants to play with winners. I think she will dovetail right in.

Rob – Ok, let’s go with Trudy. All rightie then, that’s a wrap guys.

Later that day

Millicent - Brent, we're going to have to cut you loose, hun. It's just not working out.
    Brent - I have friends here, I don't want to go.
    Millicent - I'm sorry, I really am sweetie.

Brent was booted out of Co-op.
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 08-13-2016 at 06:48 PM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

I feel this dialogue lacks authenticity. I do not see an over use of emojis. Of course, that could be because there are males in this co-op. We all know gals in the chat room love their emojis. Is that too sexist of an observation?
    Last edited by Nana; 08-13-2016 at 07:23 PM.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I feel this dialogue lacks authenticity. I do not see an over use of emojis. Of course, that could be because there are males in this co-op. We all know gals in the chat room love their emojis. Is that too sexist of an observation?
    I actually did try to put in one emoji. But when I pasted in from Word, it was stripped. And it was in one of Millicent's lines.
    It is hard to write dialogue. Your point is well taken.

Hope all is well in your corner.
    Cobalt
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Yep - I tried to emphasize my remarks with emojis and all I got was gibberish question marks.

I was just "twisting your tail" anyway. Things are just delightful in my quiet corner of the world. I get "comedy and pathos" from reading the Forum!!
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)