Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Messages to friends

Messages to friends

Maybe you could add a way for us to send messages to friends on our friends list that are not in our co-ops?

Hi Daniel,

I agree that this would be a stellar idea. I play other games where you can communicate with your friend, both individually and on a broadcast level. If there are things you want everyone to know, like your not going to be playing for a while and not to expect a gift, broadcast is a great means to do it. Of course, for more intimate things you want to keep it simple one-to- one.

Finally, I recently started playing a Japaneese game, wher you get compensated on both sides for greeting your friends. Its a positive part of their culture to greet with a gift, but its cool that the game gifts the player on the backside, too. Just something for the developers to think about.

Thanks for your comment!
    Dudleyton

And a way to chat with others private? There are some coop-members who never react to a word. Only for their requests... that drives me nuts. But we also dont want to kick them without a talk about.

I was wondering why we can't message our friends, only those in the co-op.
    Last edited by Tassie; 09-05-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: In line with forum rules

Quote Originally Posted by Karina Hewson View Post
    And a way to chat with others private? There are some coop-members who never react to a word. Only for their requests... that drives me nuts. But we also dont want to kick them without a talk about.
    Yessssss, my friend got so upset with me because I kicked someone that was idle. They were not participating, taking or helping. It does drive me nuts that you cannot privately speak and only can post where everyone can see. Should be a way to communicate with whomever anytime.

PM to both friends (maybe even "invited but not yet accepted") and Co-op members would be great ....
    Town: Welltown Beach - Co-op: Happy Go Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by MrsNRod View Post
    Yessssss, my friend got so upset with me because I kicked someone that was idle. They were not participating, taking or helping. It does drive me nuts that you cannot privately speak and only can post where everyone can see. Should be a way to communicate with whomever anytime.

My coop leader and co leader communicate through Facebook message app. It is private but you need to find each other on face book and then create a friendship there before you can use the private message app. I do agree that this inability to communicate privately and with anyone outside a coop is strange. I see so many players wondering, questioning, complaining about the same issues but I do not see the game developers doing anything about it. How can we get their attention? I will say that when I want to buy town bucks which I am backing away from now because I don't like how they ignore us...but anyway they are right there chomping at the bit to process my payment. Why can't some of these other issues important to us receive that same level of immediate attention?

To be fair Flicka, the co op is a new feature introduced earlier this year. There have been teething issues with the co op chat feature and the developers are working on fixing that for everybody. Your argument regarding money is not really applicable here as not every member wants a chat function, but also the co op is still being developed, so changes may happen after the quirky bits are fixed and then again, they may not. We'll have to wait and see

A bit more communication into their forum wouldn't be a bad idea, though. ;-)