Thread: Are Gems Given Randomly?

Are Gems Given Randomly?

It seems I'm always short on Topaz Gems, have a few Emerald & an abundance of Ruby & Amethyst (which I barely use & usually sell to the Jeweler at the helipad. Yet the Gems you need the most are the 1st two (of course!) Does anyone know the rhyme or reason to this? I constantly use the "Fields Yield Twice As Much" booster & often have to spend t-cash on the Topaz Gem because I'm ALWAYS one short. When I send off my planes I sometimes get the same Gem 3/4 times in a row. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily917 View Post
    It seems I'm always short on Topaz Gems, have a few Emerald & an abundance of Ruby & Amethyst (which I barely use & usually sell to the Jeweler at the helipad. Yet the Gems you need the most are the 1st two (of course!) Does anyone know the rhyme or reason to this? I constantly use the "Fields Yield Twice As Much" booster & often have to spend t-cash on the Topaz Gem because I'm ALWAYS one short. When I send off my planes I sometimes get the same Gem 3/4 times in a row. Thanks!
    Hi again. Take a look here and it will give you lots of info too. The gems are random, and we want "more-more" (lol). You will see a Thread started on our "wows" of abundance on one set of gems. What I like about our Threads on the Forum now, is that (especially since your zoo is in the early stages), they will give you all the requirements you need at a glance (after some review). I know you did not ask for all this info (lol) Good luck, Kim

NEW: Here is a good Thread to view too
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 11-09-2017 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Added New Link

This is hysterical. The red gem is arguably the most valuable in the game, because it is required for the heli booster (arguably the most important booster). Don't sell them. Shortage of topazes is probably due to overuse of crops booster. Don't use it that much. Amethysts will kick in on higher levels of zoo, animals need them (as well as rubies). Since fully loaded plane is the best source of gems, you probably should step on the planes.

Oh, and gems are given randomly with slightly less probability of getting red and purple. Probably something like 30%-30%-20%-20%.
    And don't sell them to the guy, who exchanges them for others. Since you always get less gems, than you give, it's always a rip off. Exchanging them probably makes sense if you have a hundred of some, but zero of another. Just keep saving them, zoo will eat them all eventually.