Thread: Lone Sailors Against Multiple Teams

Lone Sailors Against Multiple Teams

The new regatta has just commenced and I find that I'm up against four players, three are registered as 'not racing' but the help they are obviously going to provide to the player that is racing means that there is no doubt about who is going to win this race. Playrix clearly think that this situation is 'fair' but I totally disagree. I've completed my first task but am seriously thinking of quitting at this point as I cannot see the point of racing against four people or one and three dedicated helpers, whichever way you like to cut the cake the outcome is going to be the same. I'm disgusted by this situation and will check before commencing another regatta as it's obvious that Playrix's idea of fair and mine are totally at odds with one another. Shame on you Playrix.

Help is pretty much limited to filling one request per 3 hours regardless of the number of non-participating players, i.e. they don't matter.

Lone sailors against multiple teams

Quote Originally Posted by Stan0 View Post
    Help is pretty much limited to filling one request per 3 hours regardless of the number of non-participating players, i.e. they don't matter.
    Sorry Stan, but I don't agree with you. Yes I'm aware of the 'product request' rule but that doesn't stop someone for asking for help in the usual way and the team members duly oblige. I've decided not to participate further in this regatta because of this. Obviously I shall be demoted but would rather that than go on with this charade.

Eliza, by "asking for help in the usual way" do you mean asking for train/plane crates help? Because that is something you can also do, and your friends can help you, you don't need to have more people in your co-op for that.
    As for the co-op chat requests, i agree with Stan, it doesn't make much difference for tasks, since you can only make few of those per day, and the number of items you can request is very limited.

Eliza, don't give up... I am getting my "hind-end" handed to me on a platter this week . I have always raced solo, and this is the first time I have ever been in 13th place. Most of the solo's I am racing against have several people in their coop (not racing of course), numerous Township level. Most of those people ahead of me are dropping TCash which is perfectly legal if gotten by legal means. Regatta is big money, a win-win for Playrix... I am just trying to get to that mechanical bull this week, and if I don't make it, I will cry . Anyway, what chat going to do? Last week I came in second without really even trying, as when I see someone who has not received a trophy yet, I back off to give them a chance to win it. Hang in there, as there is always next week
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 11-07-2017 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Added

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Eliza, by "asking for help in the usual way" do you mean asking for train/plane crates help? Because that is something you can also do, and your friends can help you, you don't need to have more people in your co-op for that.
    As for the co-op chat requests, i agree with Stan, it doesn't make much difference for tasks, since you can only make few of those per day, and the number of items you can request is very limited.
    Yes, both trains and planes and together with the 3 hourly requests it's going to make a difference whatever anyone else says. Additionally the players I'm up against are levels 74, 65, 63 and 60 respectively, with the level 74 player doing the racing. I'm at level 57 and there are others in the regatta who are lower levels than I. How does this inspire any of us to even try? I shall just ignore this regatta and before commencing another do a check of who else has been allowed to race against much lower ranked players. It's NOT a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Eliza, don't give up... I am getting my "hind-end" handed to me on a platter this week . First time racing solo I am in 13th place. Most of the solo's I am racing against have several people in their coop (not racing of course). And most of those people ahead of me are dropping TCash which is perfectly legal if gotten by legal means. Regatta is big money, a win-win for Playrix... I am just trying to get to that mechanical bull this week, and if I don't make it, I will cry . Anyway, what chat going to do? Last week I came in second without really even trying, as when I see someone who has not received a trophy yet, I back off to give them a chance to win it. Hang in there, as there is always next week
    Hi Sweetness123,

You certainly deserve your name, hanging back to allow others to gain a trophy - what can I say! If ever you decide to join another co-op I'd be delighted to have you aboard . Read my response to Dreadnought which will, hopefully, amplify my decision. The very best of luck in this regatta and all those that follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza400000 View Post
    Hi Sweetness123,

You certainly deserve your name, hanging back to allow others to gain a trophy - what can I say! If ever you decide to join another co-op I'd be delighted to have you aboard . Read my response to Dreadnought which will, hopefully, amplify my decision. The very best of luck in this regatta and all those that follow.
    Hi Eliza. That "chat" was supposed to be a "cha" (that's what I get for not using proper grammar--lol). I know it can be so frustrating sometimes, and we have all felt your pain. It does feel like we are "banging our head up against the wall," from bruising our "dumping those task" fingers, the lack of mining tools, and the list goes on. Just don't you to feel like you are all alone in this. There are many here that do also choose not to race for numerous reasons. And on that trophy thing, I figure if you win one, why in the world do you want to run again for it? You only get one, imagine for a moment if those first place determined people got a trophy every week for winning, we would not be able to see their town with those trophies perched up everywhere (lol). Anyway, respect your decision, and good luck to you.