Thread: Materials Exchange For Excessive Building Materials etc.

Materials Exchange For Excessive Building Materials etc.

I assume everyone has space issues in the barn. This is an important balancing aspect of the game, but I have been meticulously keeping it clean and clear from the very start and still have had a lot of trouble. My work is for naught because of the rates for building materials.

The items may or may not be given at random, but for example I have enough nails and paint for three upgrades (and it has been this way for quite some time) but struggle to find hammers. This is great because I don't worry for nails and paint, but this means that CONSTANTLY my building materials take up nearly a THIRD of my barn! I understand the reasoning behind the materials being stored in the barn, but this seems excessive. The only solution available to me is to waste these very valuable items by selling them.

A much better solution, which I have seen implemented successfully in many other games, would be to create an exchange. The rate of exchange would depend on how you see fit to maintain balance. For instance, I would gladly give 2, 5, 10 or EVEN TWENTY nails for one single hammer. I would also rather gift them to friends with no benefit to myself whatsoever than sell them.

Both suggestions have their pros and cons, and it's easy to be a critic, but I cannot see a good reason for the lack of a system that at least attempts to resolve this.

Thanks for your consideration.

One way to bring balance to the arrival of materials you need, is to SELL the excess. And i mean, sell everything above the required amount for the next upgrade. As long as you keep a huge amount of paint for example, paint is all your trains will bring. So get rid of the excess, and the others will come.

I guess if t-cash spending on those last few tools is good enough, Playrix won't risk messing up with its income by introducing exchange. Partly because they will get a hundred requests to make it 10 to 1 instead of 20 to 1.
    And you probably shouldn't keep triple amount of tools for the next upgrade. Being reluctant to waste them by selling you are actually wasting your barn space by keeping them.
    Co-op: Culture
    #CUNEWW

Town: Just Read The Instructions
    level 71, zoo 19

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    One way to bring balance to the arrival of materials you need, is to SELL the excess. And i mean, sell everything above the required amount for the next upgrade. As long as you keep a huge amount of paint for example, paint is all your trains will bring. So get rid of the excess, and the others will come.
    If that's how the mechanics work, I can't for the life of me see the proper reasoning behind it. I mean, I can see possible reasons, but no decent ones.

Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan0 View Post
    I guess if t-cash spending on those last few tools is good enough, Playrix won't risk messing up with its income by introducing exchange. Partly because they will get a hundred requests to make it 10 to 1 instead of 20 to 1.
    And you probably shouldn't keep triple amount of tools for the next upgrade. Being reluctant to waste them by selling you are actually wasting your barn space by keeping them.
    This isn't exactly the answer I was looking for, but seems to be it.

As for not selling the excess materials? I'm a huge hoarder, especially of items that are limited to such a degree. That's partly why it's so frustrating to work so hard to keep it clear.

But you're right. An exchange would dip into their profits, which makes it a nonstarter.

Everyone here is a huge hoarder, why else would we be playing a game like this. But for what good it does, the game pushes us to overcome our instincts to come up with better strategies.

There is a hunch that game doesn't allow you to upgrade the barn more often than every other level in the 60s levels at least. Judging by my level 70 and barn level 36 it looks like very much possible. (Barn level is not shown, but it's equal to the amount of nails next level requires). Check your levels, maybe there is no point in hoarding barn tools.
    Co-op: Culture
    #CUNEWW

Town: Just Read The Instructions
    level 71, zoo 19

Selling excess material is in effect a waste because before the next upgrade becomes possible you have plenty of time to receive enough materials for it.

For the CBs I sell EVERYTHING until I reach half a level before the one needed for the upgrade then I start to keep them again.

For the barn I keep the tools until they reach the quantity needed plus 10, then I sell the excess.

I have never been without materials for the upgrade.

However I have upgraded the trains to the max.

.... is NOT a waste ...