Thread: Pawn Shop: New Special Building Urgently Required

Pawn Shop: New Special Building Urgently Required

Ok, maybe Urgently required is overstating the case a bit, but here’s the problem: never having enough of the gems you need when you need them no matter how many total gems you collect, they are never enough of the right colour! So week after week, after week, the gems you don’t need pile in, and the gems you do need cannot be acquired. Zoo enclosures get built to stay ahead of the building material surplus, but there are no animals to put in them.

Here’s the plan: welcome to The Pawn Shop idea

Description: a cute little funky old fashioned style pawn shop with junk in the window available as a New Special Building (same category as foundries, mint etc). You buy it, build it in your town and when you click on it, you get to deal with Aurelio, the jeweller. Perhaps there is a request screen similar to Raja requests, where you point to the gems in your inventory that you are looking to swap for other gems, or maybe there is a slot into which you drag an amount of gems you would like to trade. You can haggle for better deals as with Raja, but most importantly, you can get rid of some of your surplus gem colours for some of the colours you are in need of.

Build cost and time: I don’t care, make it as expensive as you want, and as long as it can be built in less time than it takes to collect 14 amethyst for an eaglet, I will be happy.

Thank you for your kind attention
    Garvie

Township: Pixelsticks aka Too Too Many Topaz, Everything Is Coming Up Emeralds, Rubies Run Out, Am I Ever Gonna Get An Amethyst Again

I still feel strongly that we need more sources of gems or a reduction in the requirements for Zoo families at the higher levels.

A Pawn Shop is of little value when there are so few gems available to trade.

The last new animal family was introduced Sept. 11th which gave us a bit of a breather in trying to amass gems during October. However, sending every single plane and continuing to fill Zoo baskets is still a slow slog in collecting gems. I purchased a baby today, which left Ruby and Amethyst gems at an extremely low level. If a new family is introduced in November, I will be up the proverbial creek. Still have 3 families needing 2 babies each and a new family of 4 will increase the stress.

I will continue to lobby the developers to adjust the higher level Zoo gems - increase delivery, or decrease requirements.
    Level 155
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I still feel strongly that we need more sources of gems or a reduction in the requirements for Zoo families at the higher levels.

A Pawn Shop is of little value when there are so few gems available to trade.

The last new animal family was introduced Sept. 11th which gave us a bit of a breather in trying to amass gems during October. However, sending every single plane and continuing to fill Zoo baskets is still a slow slog in collecting gems. I purchased a baby today, which left Ruby and Amethyst gems at an extremely low level. If a new family is introduced in November, I will be up the proverbial creek. Still have 3 families needing 2 babies each and a new family of 4 will increase the stress.

I will continue to lobby the developers to adjust the higher level Zoo gems - increase delivery, or decrease requirements.
    Yup, decrease in requirements would be decent first step. But even well before high level zoo gem requirements get ridiculous, I am sure there are players who would appreciate the chance to swap a gem or two for a crop booster or whatever. It just seems so frustrating that there is no way but dumb luck to earn game necessities. Building and pupgrade supplies are a pain, but gems are out of control. Of the last 40 planes I sent, 85 % gave Topaz, the rest mostly Emeralds, while the weeks tick by and I try to find 14 amethyst for one lousy eaglet lol. It’s nuts.

Did see the jeweler in helicopters today for the first time in months. He took 2 Topaz for one ruby. I was thrilled, but it didn’t solve anything.

Garvie
    Diligently filling planes, desperately seeking purple or red gems
    Last edited by Garvamatic; 10-31-2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: For me to know, and you to find out

We need to have options / choice in collecting and gathering, tools, products, gems, ingots and how we would spend them. For me the pain of collecting the last few items for up grades or building completion seem designed to force you to spend money but it also effects my enjoyment of the game . The Lord knows I spend enough to play this game.

LOVE this idea.

I seriously doubt whether they will ever introduce anything that will give us any real choices. The one place where we had some semblance of that, was in choosing our regatta rewards and they've now shut that down.

I agree with Nana, the zoo still needs a serious rethink. I'm getting more gems from the zoo, but not the gems I want & I still haven't even bought all the enclosures yet. I'm waiting for 3 Amethysts to purchase my first baby, luckily, the 2nd baby doesn't need Amethysts, so I'll be able to complete that family quite quickly.

I've designed my zoo so that I don't actually have room for the 7 remaining enclosures, and with so few expansions being offered with each update, I'm hoping that there'll be enough time in between to build up my rubies & amethysts.

Right now most of Aurelio's offers are for swapping emeralds with topaz which I don't need.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Garvie: The plus side of getting more Topaz is having something to trade for Rubies or Amethysts.

So, what happens . . . Aurelio shows up and wants 2 Rubies for 1 Amethyst. Both are quite low in my gem inventory. This is just cruel - and I blame the developers for this.
    Level 155
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Correct me, if I'm wrong, I've always seen high level zoo as something that is made specifically for people who literally finished the town itself.
    There is a limited content in the game, you finish cb's and factories eventually, you build up the snowman, cake and stuff, you get all land expansions. All that is possible around level 100. Makes sense that they leave you enclosures as something that you may still desire. If they nerf the gems (which they will probably do eventually), they will add something else to keep you busy after you almost finished digging through the available content.
    Co-op: Culture
    #CUNEWW

Town: Just Read The Instructions
    level 71, zoo 19