Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reward Chests: Racers and Points Needed

Reward Chests: Racers and Points Needed

Does the number of points to earn/open a chest vary/depend on the players playing in the regatta or is it fixed/the same for solo co-op and for co-op with 10 players racing?

The points per chest depend on the number of players racing. If I remember correctly, for each player racing you will have to earn 700 points more to reach the last chest.

It is related to the number of racers. Probably to the League you are in too as it determine how many tasks/points you can earn. In the Gold league, we need to be 4 racers in order to reach the last chest.

This week we are 3 racers. The 9th chest ask for 7000 points. We can only reach the 8th at 6050.

Just to add to what Graylady said, it is related to the number of racers and the league you are in. The lower the league, the more points you need to open all chests. So if there are 3 racers in the golden league & you need 7,000 pts, in wooden league you would need more than 7,000 pts to unlock all reward chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    Just to add to what Graylady said, it is related to the number of racers and the league you are in. The lower the league, the more points you need to open all chests. So if there are 3 racers in the golden league & you need 7,000 pts, in wooden league you would need more than 7,000 pts to unlock all reward chests.
    I have not race in lower league for over a year but I do not see why it would take more points in lower league as you can make less, having fewer tasks. I do not see the logic in there.

Does this help?
    This is Wooden League with a solo racer.
    let me check... I have done 8 tasks with 1077 pts (max would be 1080, 135 x 8).

Next chest is / would be at 1150, which a solo racer can't reach already, IMO. Next chests show that they need the racer being in copper or steel or silver or gold league.

tap pic to enlarge...

IMG_20171029_181444.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    I have not race in lower league for over a year but I do not see why it would take more points in lower league as you can make less, having fewer tasks. I do not see the logic in there.
    My first wooden league race was last July, 2017; it may be different now, because of the seasons, but I distinctly remember it since I always computed how many pts each member needs to make in order to open all chests; not the number of tasks, but total pts. And when we were climbing the leagues, the total pts got smaller per person. I guess the logic would be that since you are climbing higher leagues, by assigning lower pts, it's sort of a reward for players. But this was before the seasonal regatta was introduced, I don't know if it's true now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    My first wooden league race was last July, 2017; it may be different now, because of the seasons, but I distinctly remember it since I always computed how many pts each member needs to make in order to open all chests; not the number of tasks, but total pts. And when we were climbing the leagues, the total pts got smaller per person. I guess the logic would be that since you are climbing higher leagues, by assigning lower pts, it's sort of a reward for players. But this was before the seasonal regatta was introduced, I don't know if it's true now.
    My guess is you were more and more players participating in the regata. More racers = less points needed from each one even in the same league. But the total points for each chest is higher with more players.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Does this help?
    This is Wooden League with a solo racer.
    let me check... I have done 8 tasks with 1077 pts (max would be 1080, 135 x 8).

Next chest is / would be at 1150, which a solo racer can't reach already, IMO. Next chests show that they need the racer being in copper or steel or silver or gold league.

tap pic to enlarge...

IMG_20171029_181444.jpg
    Thanks DD

I did not think about how many chests are available in each league. Your screenshot is a good reminder.

We started a new co-op a few months ago and were two racers in all leagues. Those numbers together with some old screenshots from a larger co-op with varying members were enough to figure out the system.

The points per chest are the same for all leagues and have not changed because of the seasons.
    A solo racer needs the following points per chest:
    1. 200
    2. 350
    3. 600
    4. 1150
    5. 2150
    6. 2900
    7. 3850
    8. 4750
    9. 5600

In theory that is. Depending on the league the simply can‘t reach all chests. And as DD pointed out the number of chests available depends on the league.

Now, for each additional player you add the following points per chest:
    1. 40
    2. 90
    3. 150
    4. 210
    5. 270
    6. 410
    7. 530
    8. 650
    9. 700

Example: 3 racers need 4,750 + 2*650 points for chest 8.

The smalles team to reach all chests in gold league is 4 members. After that with each additional member it becomes easier because each new player raises the points by 700 but can earn a lot more points.

BTW the coins for position bonus work in a similar way but with the players current town level as the determinating factor. If you are interested, I can post those numbers as well.