Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Glass

Ultrafucius

No Glass

.... four days in a row and counting. I have slabs, bricks, nails, etc by the dozens but in over 70 train deliveries, I am yet to have a glass pane. None from the zoo, plane nor chests either. Is this a glitch or is the game punishing me for a yet unknown violation?

Edit: By the way, the problem started with the latest update.

Tassie
    If you've got more slabs and bricks than you need, try selling some and this could trigger glass to appear

Ultrafucius
    Did as instructed (sold some bricks - I've got 66 of 'em) and within 3 train arrivals, I got a glass pane. The airport rewarded with 3! I'm like, "... never seen so much glass in my life!"

Bethany Clarke
    This is why I keep all my building material numbers at about the same. I have the best luck getting what I need when I do. If I'm getting too much of one or two items, I sell some and that triggers me getting more of what I'm short on.

Salem
    This is getting frustrating......

http://http://i240.photobucket.com/a...pstaa0lf8v.jpg

Ultrafucius
    My friend has over 2:1 ration of glass to other building materials. I have the reverse. He's on Android, I'm on iOS. I think it's about time we could trade building materials. It's getting annoying. I've played this game for 31 days straight - 75% of those days not sleeping more than 2 - 4 hours as I was maxing the Rajah, market and supplies. I'm 5,157 points short of level 50 but can't really move on as I can't complete community buildings. Really unfair. Or is that the new aim of the game?

Tassie
    I am amazed at your dedication!

I guess my view is different. I don't see the game as a race to progress as quickly as possible. I play it is a game of planning and strategy on how to progress , as well as one of really enjoying designing my town, not one where i just click buttons and move forward without any challenge.

I get great satisfaction where it has taken effort to achieve something - and this has given me pleasure over many, many months, not just for a short period of time.

I'm not sure the game was ever designed to be one that you get to the end in a couple of months ...

Bethany Clarke
    Any time I had more than 1 community building going at the same time, it made getting materials very frustrating. At one time I had more than half a dozen community buildings going at once. It was miserable. I eventually finished them all, but it went much slower than if I had done only 1 community building at a time. This might be part of the problem.

Barbara-Jean
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie View Post
    I am amazed at your dedication!

I guess my view is different. I don't see the game as a race to progress as quickly as possible. I play it is a game of planning and strategy on how to progress , as well as one of really enjoying designing my town, not one where i just click buttons and move forward without any challenge.

I get great satisfaction where it has taken effort to achieve something - and this has given me pleasure over many, many months, not just for a short period of time.

I'm not sure the game was ever designed to be one that you get to the end in a couple of months ...
    Tassie, I play the same way!!

Ultrafucius
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    Any time I had more than 1 community building going at the same time, it made getting materials very frustrating. At one time I had more than half a dozen community buildings going at once. It was miserable. I eventually finished them all, but it went much slower than if I had done only 1 community building at a time. This might be part of the problem.
    You know, you might be on to something. I have all the community buildings with 9 awaiting completion. Since the single event in which glass came in 2 days ago on trains (one on each train) and 3 on a single plane reward, I haven't gotten any other glass. Are you saying I should sell off the other community buildings? If I build one at a time they would take weeks to complete hence the reason I stack in the first place.

What makes your point more valid is, on the Android game, I'm often short on cash (played the market for a few days only as it's too strenuous maintaining both games - it's on level 33 as opposed to 50 on the iOS) hence build structures one at a time. No problems with materials there and if anything, I have an excess of all materials though lower on bricks (trains going and coming all the time whilst I play a minimalistic game).

Quite frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara-Jean View Post
    Tassie, I play the same way!!
    So do lots of people I know!