Thread: Regatta - make it opt in

Regatta - make it opt in

Rather than opt out. That way the inactive players won't be entered leaving only those who want to play.

Definitely! Agree!

Fantastic idea.

Am I missing something? The remaining members of the co op can't do the tasks of those who opt out!

Nope, you're not missing anything. That's the way it appears to be. Each player has a maximum number of tasks and that's a fixed number based on your "league" (7 Wooden). If you're willing to spend some T-cash, you can do 1 more. Then you're done.

Now, if I understand the regatta setup correctly, your "competition" is based on the number of "active" (that is, opt-in) members and that there is some balance. So if 10 of your 30 members opt-out you will be competing against co-ops with 20 members too so it's still "fair".

There are lots of ways to change things but most of them would affect the "fairness" of play. Sure, some people want to excel and win etc. but it will stop being fun when they run up against a co-op with unlimited t-cash or willing to spend tons of real money and can hit the "buy" button for every item they need for their task and then buy more tasks, etc. When it stops being fun (read "uncompetitive") for a player, they will leave.

I agree I suggested this a few days ago

I am still wondering why this is not a done thing yet?