Thread: Hammer Upgrade

Hammer Upgrade

Just like shovels from Gardenscapes, the Hammer can be the single greatest asset in our Homescapes tool kit. That is it could be, if we could make one small tweak to its operation. I find that the one time I really want to use the hammer is the one time when it can't be used; spreading carpet to a single square.

Often on carpet spreading levels, I am left with one square missing carpet. Unfortunately if you use a hammer on that square it does not add carpet rendering it useless for that task. I would love to see the hammer add carpet on its use (assuming of course the level involves spreading carpet).

I do recognize this could change the way a carpet level is played but I'm not convinced it would break the game entirely. Would love to hear other thoughts on this subject.

I so agree with you!!

I had a level - one move left, one carpet spot un-carpetted, one hammer - without any hesitation, i used the hammer not even imagining that it wouldn't fill the carpet. But alas, it didn't, and i found out it doesn't work that way, and all my hopes and dreams were shattered..

One possibility would be to implement it in such a way that if there's carpet requirement in the level, the hammer will spread it wherever you use it on the board.
    The second one (more likely), is that if the hammer is applied next to a tile already containing carpet, it will spread it in the spot where the hammer was used - the same way it works with any of the other boosters - if you drag a bomb/rocket/plane on a spot without carpet from one with carpet, the carpet will follow.

I agree also. The hammer would be much more useful if it spread carpet in levels that require it.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    City Building Project: Computer Store
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    The second one (more likely), is that if the hammer is applied next to a tile already containing carpet, it will spread it in the spot where the hammer was used - the same way it works with any of the other boosters - if you drag a bomb/rocket/plane on a spot without carpet from one with carpet, the carpet will follow.
    This is the way it should work, which would prevent breaking the game. Simple and elegant solution.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    I so agree with you!!

I had a level - one move left, one carpet spot un-carpetted, one hammer - without any hesitation, i used the hammer not even imagining that it wouldn't fill the carpet. But alas, it didn't, and i found out it doesn't work that way, and all my hopes and dreams were shattered..

One possibility would be to implement it in such a way that if there's carpet requirement in the level, the hammer will spread it wherever you use it on the board.
    That second idea is brilliant! I don't see why it can't, since all of the other boosters can.

I like the idea a lot and it make a lot of sense too.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix