Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replace Woody Allen (Merged Thread)

Replace Woody Allen (Merged Thread)

Although I know it can't be acknowledged, the "film director" character that introduces movies/ads is clearly based on Woody Allen, and he's a public figure that I would happily not see in this game.

Allen is a mysogynist in his art and sexual predator in his private life, and it triggers me to see his likeness... which actually makes me avoid the ads. Can you find a better director to parody... or none?

Pedophile town member

I would like to respectfully request that you please remove the Woody Allen character. He's a pedophile and every time I see him, that's all I can think about. I'm sure you don't want this lovely game associated that way. As a victim of pedophilia, I'm sure I speak for many others that Allen's character brings up bad thoughts and memories. I'd be forever grateful if you could do this. Thank you.

William Shannon
    I like the character in the game...

he was never charged or convicted so i'd be careful what you say.

Well, convicted or not, I can see how it raises issues for some people and we can still be sympathetic to that.

There are some good caricatures of acceptable replacements:

Steven Spielberg - imagesJG9VWISR.jpg

Quintin Tarrentino or Alfred Hitchcock - imagesB5NB3IZO.jpg

George Lucas - imagesEI0ANZU5.jpg

I vote for Alfred Hitchcock!

Thank you, cdosr. That means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Wise View Post
    I would like to respectfully request that you please remove the Woody Allen character. He's a pedophile and every time I see him, that's all I can think about. I'm sure you don't want this lovely game associated that way. As a victim of pedophilia, I'm sure I speak for many others that Allen's character brings up bad thoughts and memories. I'd be forever grateful if you could do this. Thank you.
    He is NOT a peodophiles. Peodophiles are attracted to children 12 and under and they don't just abuse one child they abuse repeatedly (very high recidivism rate). His now wife was 19 when they got involved, she was in college and its his longest relationship. You shouldn't pretend to be respectful when what you defame someone's character without a shred of evidence. Someone should sue you.
    Last edited by Alina Winterberry; 03-12-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, convicted or not, I can see how it raises issues for some people and we can still be sympathetic to that.
    Right because in the absence of evidence people are guilty just because they're accused not because they are convicted of being guilty. Ah! So much for "innocent before proven guilty".
    Last edited by Alina Winterberry; 03-12-2017 at 05:30 PM.

He was also accused of assaulting the 7 year old daughter, but she didn't testify because of her age. There is tons of evidence out there. Lots of witness testimony. He got off because of who he was and his connections. These are well-documented facts. The fact also remains that people who have endured this type of abuse are triggered when they see figures such as Mr. Allen continually lauded when, in all actuality, he deserves nothing more than to be rotting in prison. Read this to better inform yourself, then make up your own minds...
    http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2014/...abuse-10-facts