Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regatta Tasks

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Keeping them on board seems unfair to the members who are racing through their tasks, since teams are matched by number of co-op members.
    Not quite.

Coop are matched according to the number of PARTICIPATING members. Any member that set itself as NOT PARTICIPATING do not count and has no effect on the regata. A coop with 28 members can compete against an 18 members coop as long as it has 10 members set as non participating in the regata and that everyone participate in the other coop.

A member set as Participating and doing nothing is affecting the results for sure. That is why I post a message in my chat reminding to change their status if they do not want to participate (hoping that they will read the chat today)
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Not quite.

Coop are matched according to the number of PARTICIPATING members. Any member that set itself as NOT PARTICIPATING do not count and has no effect on the regata. A coop with 28 members can compete against an 18 members coop as long as it has 10 members set as non participating in the regata and that everyone participate in the other coop.

A member set as Participating and doing nothing is affecting the results for sure. That is why I post a message in my chat reminding to change their status if they do not want to participate (hoping that they will read the chat today)
    yeah, yeah, i didn't mean to imply that the Regatta was unfair, but that me not kicking off zeros would be unfair to the others who would race. As for posting a message in chat, it does no good directed at members who do not log in for days prior to the regatta. Therefore at the risk of it seeming unfriendly or whatever, as race time approached I decided the best overall solution was kicking them out. However, if the default setting flipped them to Not Participating (since they were also 0 points in the previous regatta), I might have done nothing, they still would have had a share in our winnings, and might gradually have caught on that they were missing the boat ride.