Thread: Regatta Start Time Strategy: Changes?

Regatta Start Time Strategy: Changes?

What can you tell me about starting late vs starting right away? Is saving up good tasks a thing of the past?

I like the advantage of waiting until I have several good 135 point tasks before starting my first task of the regatta. In the past this meant that I was paired with other co-ops doing the same thing so we had a fast hard race. But ever since the new regatta update I have been paired with some co-ops already done racing with the max points (all 15 plus the extra) completed. They are there when I open the racing tab. I have tried starting with a slow task instead of my usual jamming on a bunch of fast tasks, but that doesn't seem to change the pairing outcome. Are they trying to do away with this strategy? How do I compensate?

Our Co-op has wondered the same thing. With lots of members it’s harder to coordinate delays so my experience isn’t necessarily proof of anything, but it seems that here *might* have been some changes in regards to match-ups as well.

Every race in each league is made up of 15 co-ops with the same amount of members with their Participate in Regatta status on.
    That is the only thing I know of that is officially said on the matter (that we are matched by number of racers); any other changes might not be formally confirmed or explained.

Still, I’m curious to see what other players/Co-ops have experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by ang township View Post

<snip>
    We started with 15 teams but on the 3rd day just shortly after the Halloween event started, 2 teams were added to the race. They were the global top 1 and top 2 Russian teams. And after seeing each other in the race, they raced at their fastest speed and managed to finish the race within 18 hours since they started! Who knows how much t-cash they spent on racing this fast! I guess they intentionally waited for the Halloween event to start to get more 135 tasks from the event and thus reduce the dumping. But even though they finished within 18 hours they still came 3rd and 4th as two other teams who started on the first day finished just before them. So that means the algorithm has changed again - now it's not who finishes it within the shortest time, it's who finishes first wins!
    <snip>
    This is a partial quote from a post in this thread:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ther-In-A-Race

If what Ang and the OP report is correct then a delayed start would mean a huge disadvantage.
    Not cool, Playrix, changing the regatta rules without any warning. Last time I checked the help section in game (a few days ago), it still said fastest team wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
    Our Co-op has wondered the same thing. With lots of members it’s harder to coordinate delays so my experience isn’t necessarily proof of anything, but it seems that here *might* have been some changes in regards to match-ups as well.

Still, I’m curious to see what other players/Co-ops have experienced.
    Me too Firenze. I hope people will share.

I'm solo racing and am always racing against other solo co-ops; I've never had a problem with being paired with larger co-ops.

The same Apple co-ops are in the top positions in various places after the first race. I don't understand why the change as it hasn't really changed the positioning in the MAC global ranking very much at all. How did it affect the other platforms? Are you guys seeing a big shake up?

I started racing today - had a busy week and didn't check the task board all that often. So far only 4 out of 167 dumped tasks were 135pt tasks.
    There are 11 co-ops in the race at the moment, and only the first 6 completed any tasks, and the first two are have equal amount of points - 270 - so started racing the same time as i did.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    So far only 4 out of 167 dumped tasks were 135pt tasks.
    Omg, and I thought our week was bad!

Garvie
    Givers Only Coop

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Omg, and I thought our week was bad!

Garvie
    Givers Only Coop
    I did wonder if you or Dan might chime in Garvie.. you folks seeing the same thing then, anti speed-racing late start thing not working out anymore? Or did you guys never roll that way?

How does Playrix get away with adding more than 15 teams per race. When the regatta rules clearly state that 15 teams are paired? I want compensation! We had 17 teams on Thursday!